PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia ?

fox18delta
August 29th, 2012, 15:10
I've been away for awhile and am looking forward to their A4.

Haven't seen any posts and I'm having trouble linking to their website.

Did I miss something ?

Thanks
paul

FlameOut
August 29th, 2012, 15:25
I dunno squat ! Down for me also !

wbuchart
August 29th, 2012, 15:36
...the freeware site has been down for about 4 days now.

Hopefully the 1/2 off sale they had a little while ago was not a "fire sale"....

ST0RM
August 29th, 2012, 16:10
Sent their Help department an email over a week ago and never heard back. Soooo....

fox18delta
August 29th, 2012, 19:33
Bad signs, all of those... so close to the Scooter )-:

Barnes
August 30th, 2012, 04:34
Hes bound to bounce back again!

fsafranek
August 30th, 2012, 08:48
Phil is in the process of moving all three sites: Virtavia, old Alphasim freeware, and private beta forum to a single host. Not the ideal way to do it but the old three will be down for a few days before the new on is up.

The www.virtavia.com link will be unchanged but the other two will no doubt change :confused:. One won't effect you but the freeware one will for sure until things settle. Stand by.
:ernae:

alain0568
August 30th, 2012, 08:59
Hello Franck,

About Alphasim / virtavia:
-Where is the Jaguar was out here a few months (years?)
But I think that this aircraft had a great sales potential!
Thank you for your response

Alain

fsafranek
August 30th, 2012, 09:03
You guys worry too much. (Please see my reply above about the website changes) :icon_lol:

Since there was a problem with serial numbers of the original two A-4F schemes in the package
(you wouldn't believe how many authors assume a hump means it is an A-4F) I was asked to
help out by painting two new real A-4F's while attention is directed to the VC. The USMC one
is essentially finished. Just need to transfer some details from it to the to the Navy one. I'll
have a couple more that will go out as freeware after release.

BTW, the VC is amazing. :applause:

71747 71746

fsafranek
August 30th, 2012, 09:42
Hello Franck,

About Alphasim / virtavia:
-Where is the Jaguar was out here a few months (years?)
But I think that this aircraft had a great sales potential!
Thank you for your response

Alain
Dave Hanvey (Alphasim Lightnings, Jaguars, TSR2, ...) has pulled the Jaguar project from Virtavia. He is in contact with another developer/distributor and I think it will work out really well. I will let them make any announcements as it gets further along but it is going to be some time.

centuryseries
August 30th, 2012, 09:45
Looking great Frank. I love those colourful schemes!

skyhawka4m
August 30th, 2012, 11:40
Frank as per our conversation......great work on those paints. can't wait to get my hands on this plane to fly and paint. :salute:

alain0568
August 30th, 2012, 11:45
Hi Franck,

-Thank you for your encouraging response about the Jaguar!

Alain

delta_lima
August 30th, 2012, 11:58
Encouraging news indeed about the Skyhawk. Can you confirm there will be a non-hump E?

Thanks!

DL

mal998
August 30th, 2012, 13:19
yep, there is a non-hump E.

Flight testing just about completed.

expat
August 31st, 2012, 02:07
Cool!!

fsafranek
August 31st, 2012, 12:49
yep, there is a non-hump E.

Flight testing just about completed.
Yep, non-hump A-4E and A-4G and the Blue Angels A-4F sans hump.

Montie
September 15th, 2012, 05:30
Anybody got some news about this one?

fsafranek
September 16th, 2012, 15:54
Anybody got some news about this one?
The Virtavia site is back up. Some links needs updating.

The new URL for the freeware site looks like it will be http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/ (http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.html).

I've finished my two schemes and have uploaded them.
Work on the VC continues and Mal998 is fine tuning the flight models.

papab
September 17th, 2012, 11:13
The Virtavia site is back up. Some links needs updating.

The new URL for the freeware site looks like it will be http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/ (http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.html).

I've finished my two schemes and have uploaded them.
Work on the VC continues and Mal998 is fine tuning the flight models.

I found this link works for the freeware:http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php

Rick

harrybasset
September 17th, 2012, 11:29
Thank you for posting that link to the Freeware. I've read the list several times, there seem to be some missing at present. I didn't spot the Phantom package.

mal998
September 17th, 2012, 12:38

skyhawka4m
September 17th, 2012, 12:45
very nice

papab
September 17th, 2012, 13:38
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

strykerpsg
September 17th, 2012, 17:58
Echoing Skyhawk.....nice! I forget, will this have droppable ordinance? Not a deal breaker for me, but with TacPack in open beta, the potential is there for blowing up fun.

ST0RM
October 11th, 2012, 09:40
Bump.

Any new information on the Scooter?

hschuit
October 11th, 2012, 11:02
Bump.

Any new information on the Scooter?

As a matter of fact there is :jump: :

Virtavia News, Oct 10 :
The A-4 Skyhawk is very close to release ! The cockpit model is now complete, hi-res screenshots have been posted on the A-4 Skyhawk page (http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_A-4F.html). New
features include click sounds for all active switches and knobs and 17 unique FDE's (flight dynamics files) for all the different loadouts. So now fully
loaded aircraft will handle differently to lighter loaded or clean ones. Also, all parts of the aircraft which are visible from the cockpit, including weapons
and tanks, are visible from the VC. The WIP screenshots of the external model have been removed from the A-4 Skyhawk page as these are not fully
representative of the final model (all versions are still included), new, final ones will be posted very soon.

fallenphoenix1986
October 11th, 2012, 11:37
I'd been planing on holding off for the Razbam bird, getting twitchy waiting on it though so probably going to grab this in the meantime. Should go well with the Oriskany that seems to be gathering steam.

Craig