PDA

View Full Version : Photos From This evening

Cirrus N210MS
August 28th, 2012, 21:33
Gots some Nice Photos i took This evening

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/616871_4183180311409_1863769445_o.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/549625_4183280753920_1275177336_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/546508_4183280433912_1652071272_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/523538_4183280233907_1891214392_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/376652_4183279753895_492294401_n.jpg

PeteHam
August 28th, 2012, 22:41
Beautiful :applause:

Thanks for sharing.

Pete.

Naismith
August 28th, 2012, 23:28
You have to tell us more, have you tampered with these in some way? They seem to have a surreal or painted quality about them if you know what I mean. Not criticising they are very nice, I wouldn't mind being able to do something like that myself. Yes they are very attractive. :jump:

Toastmaker
August 29th, 2012, 03:49
Outstanding shots. Postcard/poster quality and very artistic.

:running:

TeaSea
August 29th, 2012, 04:29
You have to tell us more, have you tampered with these in some way? They seem to have a surreal or painted quality about them if you know what I mean. Not criticising they are very nice, I wouldn't mind being able to do something like that myself. Yes they are very attractive. :jump:

Cirrus is using a technique known as HDR (High Dynamic Range imaging). It works especially well on landscapes, or any subject which has a high contrast between light and dark. Essentially the photographer takes 3 shots, one normal, one slightly under exposed (to use an old film term) and one slightly overexposed. The three images are then brought together to form one very interesting photo. Since they are actually 3 photo's there will be some blurring between them, which contributes to the surreal effect you describe....almost like a dream image. They are real photo's though....They do particularly well to bring out the varying contrasts in sunset and sunrise, where the lighting (the "time of the pearl" according to John Steinbeck) is usually spectacular and hard to record. The camera normally records a flat image and just can't quite get the true beauty of the scene as perceived by the naked eye.

While I don't practice this, I have several friends and co-workers who do, and the technique is not infallible. Cirrus seems to have it down.

Cirrus N210MS
August 29th, 2012, 07:44
i used 10 Photos on the images

it was fun taking the photos

thanks for the great replays

TeaSea
August 29th, 2012, 08:49
They do look excellent!

Dangerousdave26
August 29th, 2012, 09:07
Is it built into the camera or is it a photoshop script?

They really are great!

Cirrus N210MS
August 29th, 2012, 09:45
standalone software

Naismith
August 29th, 2012, 10:09
Interesting - thank you.

Ferry_vO
August 29th, 2012, 10:20
Nice!

HDR isn't that hard to do, but hard to get it right. I prefer a more subtle effect while others prefer a more surreal effect to their photos.

Here are a few I've probably posted before:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/HDR/IMG_2502_3_4_fused.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/HDR/IMG_2554_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/HDR/HDR4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Militair%20vliegspektakel%2020-08-2011/MVS_20820116.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Concours%20het%20loo%202012/Italiaans8.jpg

As TeaSea explained it only works on stationary subjects, like landscapes, architecture and objects.

robcap
August 29th, 2012, 13:41
great pics all around! Thanks for sharing.

gaucho_59
August 29th, 2012, 15:58
great pics all around! Thanks for sharing.

The effect is very nice... :applause: however... if you observe the fence in the foreground of the first
picture... it is obviously not a photograph.... (that is not paralax distortion... it is the common s
error of perspective seen in VCs ... as for the fence far away...
it seems stuff done with one of those programs that create sceneries for simulators....
same thing with the wooden dock on that placid lake... Skillful manipulation... of mixed media... Notwithstanding...
let's call a spade a spade...:wiggle:
Very nice... but no one has that kind of "back 40" where you go out and snap a few pics... it is just too varied... it
would probably take a few hours driving to go to such different places...:isadizzy: all in one evening... :jump:

:wavey:

Wittpilot
August 29th, 2012, 19:45
The effect is very nice... :applause: however... if you observe the fence in the foreground of the first
picture... it is obviously not a photograph.... (that is not paralax distortion... it is the common s
it seems stuff done with one of those programs that create sceneries for simulators....
same thing with the wooden dock on that placid lake... Skillful manipulation... of mixed media... Notwithstanding...
Very nice... but no one has that kind of "back 40" where you go out and snap a few pics... it is just too varied... it
would probably take a few hours driving to go to such different places...:isadizzy: all in one evening... :jump:

Um... if this was an attempt at 'tongue in cheek' humor, I believe you failed... There is absolutely nothing about thos photographs that looked "faked"......

Cirrus N210MS
August 29th, 2012, 20:07
Um... if this was an attempt at 'tongue in cheek' humor, I believe you failed... There is absolutely nothing about thos photographs that looked "faked"......

its very real and its not fake

gaucho_59
August 30th, 2012, 01:42

I am a 75 year old retired anesthesiologist (and a damn good illustrator by hobby) as well as no inclined to enter urinary contests...
Observe the examples below... does it not seem strange the same cloud (distorted in one) formations would appear in two different places (there is no pier in one of them)
The little house is in both.... please explain that to my simple mind...

Also observe the post on the foregroud fence... there is no paralax or perspective error that would render that obviously "digitally produced image"
IF YOU DO BELIEVE THESE ARE ACTUAL PHOTOS TAKEN IN ONE EVENING (actually they are originally photos... but doctored)... I HAVE SOME NICE DESERT LOTS
HERE IN PALM SPRINGS I HAVE TO SELL TO SUPPORT MY HOBBY... I can practically give them away for a couple of million USD:salute:
:pop4::USA-flag::icon_eek:

gaucho_59
August 30th, 2012, 01:52
I am a 75 year old retired anesthesiologist (and a damn good illustrator by hobby) as well as no inclined to enter urinary contests...
Observe the examples below... does it not seem strange the same cloud (distorted in one) formations would appear in two different places (there is no pier in one of them)
The little house is in both.... please explain that to my simple mind...

Also observe the post on the foreground fence... there is no paralax or perspective error that would render that obviously "digitally produced image"
IF YOU DO BELIEVE THESE ARE ACTUAL PHOTOS TAKEN IN ONE EVENING (actually they are originally photos... but doctored)... I HAVE SOME NICE DESERT LOTS
HERE IN PALM SPRINGS I HAVE TO SELL TO SUPPORT MY HOBBY... I can practically give them away for a couple of million USD:salute:
:pop4::USA-flag::icon_eek:

Furthermore... the second lake picture is taken from a closer location... how do you explain that the same horizon does not change.. and there is no pier anywhere???????????
while the clouds remain in about the same position....Pray tell...
There was no tongue in cheek in my remarks... I just did it humorously so as to no offend sensitivities... with something like: "what kind of fool you think I am to believe these are
just pics taken one evening in the back of my house"
I did praise the nice doctoring of the pics... very artistic... but remember that remark made to vice-president Gore (I think) "I knew Jack Kennedy.. and you are no Jack Kennedy"
or something to that effect... With my more than 20 years as an Army doctor... and Viet Nam vet... I learned not to rush to judgment... but do observe for strange changes...
Charlie might be behind that bush.. sort of thing...
No offense taken or given... like in Dragnet... "Just the facts, ma'am":salute:

:wiggle::USA-flag:

gaucho_59
August 30th, 2012, 01:58
Furthermore... the second lake picture is taken from a closer location... how do you explain that the same horizon does not change.. and there is no pier anywhere???????????
while the clouds remain in about the same position....Pray tell...
There was no tongue in cheek in my remarks... I just did it humorously so as to no offend sensitivities... with something like: "what kind of fool you think I am to believe these are
just pics taken one evening in the back of my house"
I did praise the nice doctoring of the pics... very artistic... but remember that remark made to vice-president Gore (I think) "I knew Jack Kennedy.. and you are no Jack Kennedy"
or something to that effect... With my more than 20 years as an Army doctor... and Viet Nam vet... I learned not to rush to judgment... but do observe for strange changes...
Charlie might be behind that bush.. sort of thing...
No offense taken or given... like in Dragnet... "Just the facts, ma'am":salute:

:wiggle::USA-flag:

My mistake... it was Benson debating the "Potatoe" man... VP nonetheless... My apologies... but I think the figure of speech remains valid... I am
human and recognize my memories sometimes fail me... but the old nogging still works OK...:mixedsmi:
:mix-smi:

Wittpilot
August 30th, 2012, 06:08
There is absolutely nothing about these photos that even remotely appears "doctored"... Other than they ar HDR shots...

You claim that these scenes could not possibly be taken at the same place in one evening... Please see images below.... The first photo is of your mysterious white fence, the second, of the impossible pier....

The last image shows you the distance from the pier to the site of the first shot.... Not too far....

Now, can you explain why two photos taken exactly 600 yds apart are impossible to take in one evening?

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7149/80834916.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9344/86533436.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2935/92889825.jpg

Cirrus N210MS
August 30th, 2012, 08:04
here is my None HDR phones

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/CirrusN210MS/DSC08027.jpg
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/CirrusN210MS/DSC08015.jpg
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/CirrusN210MS/DSC07914.jpg

RobH
August 30th, 2012, 08:39
So Gaucho, how much are those Desert lots going for?:pop4::173go1:

pfflyers
August 30th, 2012, 09:55
Maybe he's been looking for Charlie too long.

Seriously, I've spent a lot of time on the Washington coast and I've taken houndreds of sunset photos with my old AE-1/55mm film camera as I walked along the beach. If you look at a sequence of shots the horizon and clouds look almost unchanged while the foreground view changes between shots, no camera trickery required to get that effect.

gaucho_59
August 30th, 2012, 15:10
Maybe he's been looking for Charlie too long.

Seriously, I've spent a lot of time on the Washington coast and I've taken houndreds of sunset photos with my old AE-1/55mm film camera as I walked along the beach. If you look at a sequence of shots the horizon and clouds look almost unchanged while the foreground view changes between shots, no camera trickery required to get that effect.

What can I said but.... I am obviously mistaken... my apologies

:wiggle:
:wavey::sheep:

EasyEd
August 30th, 2012, 17:58
Hey All,

All that said Gaucho they ARE doctored photographs! By definition an HDR is not a representation of reality! If and when you assume that what the camera captures IS the reality as required in courts of law. They are basically nicely done alterations of reality even though there is still residual haloing in the first image (look around the tall green tree).

-Ed-

Dangerousdave26
August 30th, 2012, 19:07
Ed

You obviously missed gaucho's first post where he said that these were not photographs.

picture... it is obviously not a photograph....

He pointed out they were most likely created in software that creates sceneries must like a simulator.

(that is not paralax distortion... it is the common s

He also took the time to say that there was mixed content meaning that elements were added to the images to enhance them and no one has a back yard like that.

He was clearly way off base to say the least.

The fact that they were manipulations was never in dispute.

EasyEd
August 30th, 2012, 19:25
Hey All,

I never said that the images do not represent a "real" place - however they are fake! The issue is what sense? Of course they are of a real place - Gaucho was wrong in saying they are not - however it is valid to say they are doctored and are only a representation of reality. In that sense they are as fake as something made up in software somewhere. Art is not literal reality - ask any artist. Although there are a number of drug induced exceptions. :guinness:

-Ed-

TeaSea
August 31st, 2012, 04:51
Well, this is an interesting philosophical discussion now.....:kilroy:

I think the basic question is "do the photo's represent reality".....the answer seems to me is "yes" and "no". At a basic level HDR uses three "real" photo's at a minimum. If these are combined, is the combination "real"?

Keep in mind that the images are brought together in your head, not in your eyes, so in that sense, is anything "real"?

I think Easy Ed is on the right track with his reference to art. These are real photo's in a sense, but they are an artistic representation of reality.

BTW it was very gracious of Gaucho to admit he had made an error.

Wittpilot
August 31st, 2012, 18:15
Hey All,

I never said that the images do not represent a "real" place - however they are fake! The issue is what sense? Of course they are of a real place - Gaucho was wrong in saying they are not - however it is valid to say they are doctored and are only a representation of reality. In that sense they are as fake as something made up in software somewhere. Art is not literal reality - ask any artist. Although there are a number of drug induced exceptions. :guinness:

-Ed-

Yeah Ed, I was only debating the fact that he said the photos could not have been taken of "actual" locations in one evening.... Sorry if there was confusion.

Cirrus N210MS
September 1st, 2012, 07:32
The Photos i posted are Real And have been Put Threw software to make them Look like they do I dont see why people need to go crazy and Take over a Persons Post Next time i will not post any Photos to share

Admin Please Can You Remove the Thread Please This has Gotten out of control And needs to be deleted !

Dangerousdave26
September 1st, 2012, 09:08
Nope I am not going to remove it.

I have locked it but that is as far as I will go.

These are some stunningly beautiful shots you put up there and there is no reason to remove them just becuase a few people can't imagine that they could possibly be real.

Don't stop posting pics just because of another member either. In any kind of forum you will always have different opinions and usually people will let you know what they are. Its all part of life.