PDA

View Full Version : USB Charging

Ickie
August 28th, 2012, 12:52
I am playing around with USB charging of my devices, anyone else tried this.
you need a male to male USB wire.
My apad android will only charge when it is off.

Terry
August 28th, 2012, 13:12
I charge my Kindle that way, it works whether its on or off. It came with the cable. Only minor negative is it wont work on a USB 1 port.

cheezyflier
August 28th, 2012, 13:21
i charge the ipod that way, and my little coax helicopter, my wifes ipod mini, and my stepson's ipod also.

napamule
August 28th, 2012, 15:35
Just remember that USB CHARGING hubs are for CHARGING only (ie: not for data transfer or for prolonged use purposes-check your warranty. Why? Because not all devices have 'smart' charge electronics-so they can literally 'over charge'-not good). And you don't have to pay $49.99 for one.

Here go:

glh
August 28th, 2012, 17:41
I have a Sony music player that I plug into the USB plugs on the fron of my Dell(s) desktop while I surf the Internet. I have had no problem with it. Charges fine. I would believe that Sony, being a primo manufacturer, would incorporate some safety devices to protect it.

BurningBeard
August 28th, 2012, 18:59
USB Charging works on both my Nook and my Samsung Smart phone. Both can be operating while charging, however it takes a much longer time.

Beard

modelr
August 31st, 2012, 05:34
My Samsung Galaxy IIIS only charges thru the USB connection, besides being able to transfer files thru the same USB connection when connected to my PC.

I have to use a higher power cig lighter charging adaptor when using the GPS in the phone to keep up with the battery use.

stansdds
September 1st, 2012, 04:25
My portable GPS came with a USB charging cable and it works great.