PDA

View Full Version : R-3350-32W sounds for P2V Neptune?

ST0RM
August 28th, 2012, 11:35
I have been flying the Virtavia Neptune quite a bit lately and have noticed the lack of immersion from the engine sounds. I looked around and came across several sound packs for R-3350s for the DC-6 w/4 engines, but it too was too soft. The startup sounds almost non existent. However, the gear and flap sounds were nice and loud and period authentic.

Is there anything that replicates the roar of the engines, and maybe the J47 jets engines in the background?

Thanks!
Jeff

oakfloor
August 28th, 2012, 12:24
I have been flying the Virtavia Neptune quite a bit lately and have noticed the lack of immersion from the engine sounds. I looked around and came across several sound packs for R-3350s for the DC-6 w/4 engines, but it too was too soft. The startup sounds almost non existent. However, the gear and flap sounds were nice and loud and period authentic.

Is there anything that replicates the roar of the engines, and maybe the J47 jets engines in the background?

Thanks!
Jeff
The DC-6 had P&W R-2800 engines, the DC-7 had C-W R-3350's. but there still both 18 cylnder radials, maybe they sound allike or close to it.

harrybasset
August 28th, 2012, 13:01
I would reccomend the sounds from David Wooster's excellent offering of the Martin Mercator although the piston engines are R-4360. The Neptune had Westinghouse J-34 jets rather than J-47s.

ST0RM
August 29th, 2012, 16:14
Thank you for the replies. I brain-farted on the descriptions. Yep, the sounds were for a DC-7 and I had been searching for early jet sounds and for some reason, the Sabre's J-47 was stuck in my head.

I'm going to continue some trial and error testing with mixing sounds.

Thanks!
Jeff

skybolt66
November 22nd, 2012, 23:58
Found tis for a "Skyraider"---CFG shows:
description=Sea Fury Critical Mass powered by 18 cilinder radial Wright R-3350 engine;
Sound is excellent:salute:

FS2004/FSX Hawker Sea Fury Critical Mass

thunder100
November 23rd, 2012, 03:40
I think best is(as it was recorded life off the SCFA Connie)

r-3350.zip at AVSIM

You can gife it a try

Roland