PDA

View Full Version : Loading Carenado C185 into P3D 1.4 ?

Crusader
August 26th, 2012, 10:24
Could someone refresh my memory and tell me how I can load the Carenado 185 into Prepar3D ? I had it in vers 1.3 but forgot how I did it . The installation defaults it into FSX(no P3d installer on the 185) without the change directory button normally found during an installation .

Rich

Dave Torkington
August 26th, 2012, 11:48
Hi Rich,

Try using the FSX to P3D prog.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1277.0

I don't have the Carenado 185 so can't comment on it, but I've had very good success using the above with most installers.

Regards, Dave.

luckydog
August 26th, 2012, 12:21
I don't have that one either, but I'm almost always successful by installing to fsx first, then opening the files of both fsx and p3d and just "sliding" the file over.... (does that make any sense ??)

LD

Crusader
August 26th, 2012, 13:57
Thanks Dave . Wasn't aware of that one either . I had also forgotten that I had this one :
http://secure.simmarket.com/fsx-to-prepare3d-migration-tool.phtml (10.04 Euro's) when it first came out and I remember using it to load UTX into P3D and it worked very well .

LD , have used your method as well , depending on the AC etc.

Thanks to both of you gentlemen for the tips and suggestions . I can't believe how much AC , scenery and other programs I accumulated in P3D 1.3 . Sure would have been easier to have loaded 1.4 over 1.3 but putting the complaining aside , I like the idea of starting from scratch . We have so many talented contributors to our hobby (both freeware and payware) it does not take long to start increasing the "gigs" on the old hard drive , does it ? I think Bill(Lionheart) said it best when he said it was the smoothness that stands out . The default terrain, I think , is very good . I just hope people don't get discouraged when they try it for the first time and start getting a few problems .There is a wealth of talent here and other places to get it working right . 1.4 is very good and much improved . I can't imagine what LM is cooking up in vers 2.0 way down the road .

Rich

AussieMan
August 26th, 2012, 14:48
Place a copy of the FSX.exe into your P3D folder and use the FSX Registry Tool to put it into the Registry.

A lot of the installers look for an FSX entry in the Registry and usually the one in P3D becomes the default entry. Has worked for me 99% of the time. Only time it has failed me is when I tried to install the CS B-727.

Lionheart
August 26th, 2012, 15:06
I copy/pasted it into P3 from FSX.

There were a few files with the reference of Cessna that were in the gauges folder that you need to bring over also.

Bill

jmig
August 26th, 2012, 16:10
Place a copy of the FSX.exe into your P3D folder and use the FSX Registry Tool to put it into the Registry.

A lot of the installers look for an FSX entry in the Registry and usually the one in P3D becomes the default entry. Has worked for me 99% of the time. Only time it has failed me is when I tried to install the CS B-727.

Pat if you do that, can you place it in both FSX and P3D on the same computer? I have each on its own separate SSD.

AussieMan
August 27th, 2012, 00:31
Pat if you do that, can you place it in both FSX and P3D on the same computer? I have each on its own separate SSD.

I have done it. When the box opens that asks where you want to install it click on the browse button and choose FSX. Works for me.

ZEUS67
August 27th, 2012, 16:10

I have both P3D and FSX in the same computer and in the same HDD.

Lionheart
August 28th, 2012, 17:50
I have both P3D and FSX in the same computer and in the same HDD.

Same here.

FSX has now become basically a switch port for getting things into P3. :D