PDA

View Full Version : Is MAW Dead?

Pips
October 3rd, 2008, 17:04
Hasn't been any news of progress or updates for months on the MAW Official site.

I recently read in a thread discussing the new ETO Expansion package, that MAW development of Release 2 has stopped. Would be such a shame if true.

pachi
October 3rd, 2008, 17:08
Hasn't been any news of progress or updates for months on the MAW Official site.

I recently read in a thread discussing the new ETO Expansion package, that MAW development of Release 2 has stopped. Would be such a shame if true. :(

I hope it isn't true either

Lt. Heinz Becker
October 3rd, 2008, 17:13
I wouldn't give your hopes up yet. Because MAW took so long and had so much content, I would bet the developers are just taking a break.:USA-flag::toilet:

flyer01
October 3rd, 2008, 18:01
I don't know if there is going to be more chapters or not. What I would like to know is------------- Where is the VOLCANO I have seen talked about in MAW?

Never mind found it Italy,Catania and there is a plane in the bottom!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!

Murray Cod
October 3rd, 2008, 20:13
I hope it is not dead either, and that the devs take up the mantle again after recovering from all their effort. My particular favourites are the brilliant blue skies and seas, and the cockpit of the Italian tri-motor.

WV-903
October 4th, 2008, 01:44
Hi Guys,
MAW is not dead for me. Love flying the Gladiators and P-40B's against the Italian equivalents. Toothdok actually put a game ( MAW ) up on-line last night but I just missed it, :kilroy: !!

ETO is dragging new people in already and these folk will filter down to these other superb Add-Ons as well.

So Hold a steady course Mr.Christian, we are right on target. :d:applause::ernae:
Bill T.

MajorMagee
October 4th, 2008, 05:41
I for one would love to see the release of at least the PBY Catalina. :applause:

Corsair Freak
October 4th, 2008, 08:45
Figures... as soon as I want to download MAW their website goes down. :costumes:

EDIT: Working now, thanks Talon.

viso
October 4th, 2008, 13:15

I recently read in a thread discussing the new ETO Expansion package, that MAW development of Release 2 has stopped. Would be such a shame if true.The thing to bear in mind is that there aren't really MAW Developers or ETO Developers or PTO Developers or TOW Developers or BoF Developers or whatever (although OFF is a bit of a unique case). Pretty much the same group of people all work on these projects to greater or lesser degrees at any given time. So the production possibilities curve is fairly limited.

Following the release of MAW Chapter 1, many of the Desert Rats took vacations, others switched interests, those who felt inclined went to work on ETO, and others pursued projects close to their hearts. One must remember that modeling and painting can be exhausting work. In particular, building a top-notch aircraft model complete with virtual cockpit can be a grueling task lasting 12 months or more and consuming 100s of hours. In a culture where many people can't follow a season of Heroes or Lost without losing interest, that's a lot to ask of anyone.

Fortunately, the CFS3 community is rife with tutorials, how-to-tips, and general advice and guidance for anyone who wants to get involved in modeling, painting, and so forth. So if you really want to see something brought to life in CFS3, you shouldn't feel obliged to wait for any of the development teams to issue forth. Just jump right in!

WV-903
October 4th, 2008, 13:56
:mixedsmi:
Well spoken Viso, we all understand the teams situation and applaud everyone involved, efforts are much appreciated, -I think a lot of folk are just a bit shy to say so. :ernae: :applause: :medals:

Bill T.

grizzly50
October 4th, 2008, 14:07
:kilroy:Corsair Freak, the MAW website is not down, at least not now.:d

seacondor
October 4th, 2008, 16:21
I don't see a phase2 of MAW. Maybe some new aircraft with missions. But the team is generally broken up and a lot of the key members have moved on to other things. Also the sad loss of Ed who will alway be missed around here.

Kofschip
October 4th, 2008, 17:20
Whether MAW continues or not, I can say that MAW 1.31 is my most favorite simulator, followed by CFS2. I thank every person that worked on MAW from the bottom of my heart. It is great and I hope it will continue. I have to say that the MAW developers have done an outstanding job, even if it would end with MAW 1.31. Thanks to all of you.:applause::ernae::wavey:

cptroyce
October 4th, 2008, 18:49
I echo Kofschip..MAW 1.31 is my favorite WW2 sim.

Regards,
Royce

ndicki
October 5th, 2008, 07:58
One of the major things about MAW was the theatre. From here on, as the theatre exists, there is nothing to stop individuals from adding the required aircraft, etc, themselves; I already have a plethora of MAW Spitfires, FW190s, later Italian aircraft, and so on. Ground objects are not such a problem either, as the stock MS vehicles, for example, come into service. I'm not convinced that there will be a concerted effort on phase two, for the reasons given by Viso and Seacondor above.

The absence of Ed Wilson is also a major factor.

I got so burnt out that I'm still suffering from it, and my contribution was pretty small compared to many "motor" people.

Led Zeppelin
October 5th, 2008, 11:34
mistake, sorry

Talon
October 5th, 2008, 13:38
One of the reasons I installed CFS3 again was because of MAW.I used to fly it alot until I got drafted into the PTO and than ETO.I always wanted to try my hand at Operation Pedestal but never got around to it.I even gave Corrado's Eagle a new paint scheme for it.Maybe some day when things calm down a bit I'll get back to it.

Talon

Ed Burk
November 9th, 2008, 16:57
I wonered what happened to the MAW website. MAW is great. Enjoy playing it and dealing with landing the ME109's ....tough...tough..Well, many thanks to all who have developed a great ad-on. Regards, Ed Burk:wiggle:

Bravo/4
November 9th, 2008, 17:36
The MAW website will be back, just a server problem! Bare with us:mixedsmi:

cristiano103
November 9th, 2008, 21:33
Hi John

I remember some shoots of a Ju 290 coming from You, any chances to see it uploaded somewhere ?

Cheers :ernae: and "keep 'em coming" :running::costumes:
Cristiano "Astore"

Bravo/4
November 10th, 2008, 07:32
Hi Cristiano,
I can tell you the Ju 290 will be finished, but cant give you a date, Greg has to do some tweaks to the model, and I have a few tweaks to do for the textures, but it's very well advanced!:mixedsmi:

Thanks for your continued interest, we appreciate it!:ernae:

greycap.raf
November 10th, 2008, 08:10
Speaking of the were-to-be-in-MAW models, how about the gorgeous new Fw 190, the Baltimore, the Gigant, the previously unseen Spitfire models... all gone forever? Hopefully not!

cristiano103
November 10th, 2008, 09:37
Hi Cristiano,
I can tell you the Ju 290 will be finished, but cant give you a date, Greg has to do some tweaks to the model, and I have a few tweaks to do for the textures, but it's very well advanced!:mixedsmi:

Hi John

I am a very patient guy, so, as I always said, take your time and I am sure You will give us one of the superb models we are used to see coming from your team.
Thanks in advance for your work, I shall spread the word of MAW for ever and ever.

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore" (Goshawk)

O-1Driver
November 10th, 2008, 12:55
Hi John

I am a very patient guy, so, as I always said, take your time and I am sure You will give us one of the superb models we are used to see coming from your team.
Thanks in advance for your work, I shall spread the word of MAW for ever and ever.

Cristiano "Astore" (Goshawk)

I would like to see a small update done for MAW with the new aircraft that are almost ready and an update to the appropriate aircraft with some of the new weapons we have developed for ETO. Most notably the Wellingtons and swordfish. The swordfish utilized flares often in their raids on shipping and the big Raid on the Italian Fleet. Accounts are of a designated flight of Swordfish assigned to drop flares for the torpedo planes. Currently none of the MAW aircraft are equipped with flares for night operations.

A small mission pack would also be nice. The Italian Campaign with US forces was never done but we can sure as heck put together a mission based "campaign" using AvHistory and MAW aircraft. The MAW team could pick and choose which ETO enhancements they would like to move over and which aircraft would be updated.

It would be nice to give back to MAW something for everything that MAW has done for CFS 3. Without MAW PTO and ETO probably would never have happened.

O-1

miamieagle
November 10th, 2008, 13:18
Its a shame you rarely fly Japanese planes. They are a lot of fun to with!:ernae:

Bravo/4
November 10th, 2008, 13:53
Speaking of the were-to-be-in-MAW models, how about the gorgeous new Fw 190, the Baltimore, the Gigant, the previously unseen Spitfire models... all gone forever? Hopefully not!

The Maw Fw 190, I'm trying with that, but can't promise anything!:mixedsmi:

The Baltimore is completed and will be released, there are two versions, unfortunately the source files were lost in a HD failure, so there will be no other versions, but the two we have are excellent models!

I've been told recently that the Me 323 will be finished!

I have the Spits safe and sound, and a new Seafire, that will be released!

Also have a Hurricane Mk IId tankbuster, which is complete!

Only thing I can't give you is a date, but I will do my upmost to get these models released:d

Bravo/4
November 10th, 2008, 13:59
BTW the MAW sit is back up!:d

cptroyce
November 10th, 2008, 16:22
Bravo/4 - That is great news...MAW is an astounding achievement..IMHO:ernae:

Regards,
Royce

greycap.raf
November 11th, 2008, 05:27
The Maw Fw 190, I'm trying with that, but can't promise anything! :mixedsmi:Great!

The Baltimore is completed and will be released, there are two versions, unfortunately the source files were lost in a HD failure, so there will be no other versions, but the two we have are excellent models!I didn't even know there were that many models... doesn't matter at least to me! Great!

I've been told recently that the Me 323 will be finished!Some more great!

I have the Spits safe and sound, and a new Seafire, that will be released!Knowing my love for Spitfires... great with a capital G!

Also have a Hurricane Mk IId tankbuster, which is complete!I made the lights for it. :d

Only thing I can't give you is a date, but I will do my upmost to get these models released:dThe date isn't what matters, as long as there is hope we can wait. And it seems there certainly is hope. :ernae:

BeauBrummie
November 11th, 2008, 05:39
Hi Cristiano,

John

You know what I'm going to ask. Will there be a Fernaufklarungsgruppe (FAGr.) 5 ETO version for Atlantic/Bay of Biscay? Though the aircraft was not built in any great numbers, FAGr.5 flew one of the largest units of the Ju290 with 17 aircraft.

Beau

Talon
November 11th, 2008, 09:03
Its a shame you rarely fly Japanese planes. They are a lot of fun to with!:ernae:

No Japanese planes in MAW or didn't you notice that?:isadizzy:

Talon

Neil Washbrook
November 11th, 2008, 12:17
Apologies for the disapearance of the MAW website for a few days. This is down to me - I was taken into hospital (again) with little notice and unfourtunately the domain expired while I was otherwise engaged :banghead:

Anyway the domain is now reregistered and the web site should be up and operational with the DNS repropogated by now,

Neil

noelberrier
November 11th, 2008, 12:17
There happens to be some japanese units in mediterranean, but AFAIK these were naval units during ww1 ... :costumes:

Bravo/4
November 11th, 2008, 16:43
John

You know what I'm going to ask. Will there be a Fernaufklarungsgruppe (FAGr.) 5 ETO version for Atlantic/Bay of Biscay? Though the aircraft was not built in any great numbers, FAGr.5 flew one of the largest units of the Ju290 with 17 aircraft.

Beau

Hi Beau,

don't know it there will be an A-5 version, that would be up to Greg, if it happens, of coarse I'll do the skin!:mixedsmi:

westview
November 11th, 2008, 17:27
i'm glad to hear that MAW is still alive and kicking

cristiano103
November 11th, 2008, 21:32

I never loose the hope to see something new about MAW, it is so wonderful that it is not possible that it would finish with v1.31.

Hold the line Guys.
Cristiano "Astore" or, for english language people, Chris "Goshawk"

remcoc
November 12th, 2008, 01:55
" Apologies for the disapearance of the MAW website for a few days. This is down to me - I was taken into hospital (again) with little notice "

Hi Neil, I hope you are allright now!
Thanks restoring MAW-site.

RemcoC

BeauBrummie
November 12th, 2008, 06:04
Hi Beau,

don't know it there will be an A-5 version, that would be up to Greg, if it happens, of coarse I'll do the skin!:mixedsmi:

Thanks John. Although the A-5 was the main Sea Eagle version, my info states that they used the earlier versions too, albiet in much smaller numbers.:

On 15 October 1943 Fernaufklaringsgruppe 5 (FAGr.5) began operations from Mont-de-Marsan, in France. They replaced the Fw 200C in its role of gatherer of information for the U-boats. After two A-2s, three A-3s, and five A-4s, it received the first A-5.

Beau

Bravo/4
November 12th, 2008, 09:44
Beau, if you want a specific skin, send me a profile, or any other info you might have? I'll sort it (none "antler" version).

Bravo/4
November 12th, 2008, 09:46

I wouldn't say it's kicking, but it's still alive!!:d

BeauBrummie
November 12th, 2008, 22:34
(none "antler" version).

Booooo! :costumes:

Beau