PDA

View Full Version : IRIS F-14A

expat
August 24th, 2012, 11:41
Surely one of the nicest looking aircraft, best repaints and one of my favorites -

Geomitrak
August 24th, 2012, 13:31
Yes, the Tomcat was a most beautifully proportioned aircraft, I think. It just looked right, from any angle, wings forward or swept. A masterpiece.

peter12213
August 24th, 2012, 14:51
I used to love this bird but I get that horrible sticky throttle problem with it, so it's a huge miss! I also get the same with the Raptor, we all reported it but even with all the support and updates from my friends and stuff I still cannot enjoy this bird, though I do know what is to blame and I in no way blame Iris, it's completely my setup which makes me mad lol!

Awesome shot too!

delta_lima
August 25th, 2012, 08:42
Hey Ex,

Thanks for the h/u on this paint.

Between B Bob, Zsolt, and Pablo (and likely others I can't think of) there is a real treasure trove of paints for this model. In FSX, I prefer the overall rendition of the FS D model by Dino better, esp FPS - but in terms of real world birds, I far prefer the A model, and thus I'm compelled to keep the Iris bird around - and these awesome paints.

On this VF-142 paint, I just installed it - and I notice the main gear doors are black/untextured. Something missing there? I've added the texture.cfg from zolt's paints - just to ensure I pick up all the miscellaneous shared textures.

Any thoughts?

thanks,

DL

tommieboy
August 25th, 2012, 09:07
....in terms of real world birds, I far prefer the A model, and thus I'm compelled to keep the Iris bird around - and these awesome paints......

Same here.....:cool:

Tommy

Victory103
August 25th, 2012, 09:22
And a popular 1/48 scale model kit! Great job on the paint.

expat
August 25th, 2012, 12:42
the main gear doors are black/untextured. Something missing there?

Hey buddy! It's been a while but I will take a stap adding the bmp in the attached might sort it.

Regards,

expat

expat
August 25th, 2012, 12:44
And a popular 1/48 scale model kit! Great job on the paint.

Yeah, I did that 1/48 kit. And then repainted it (with brushes and thinner and decals) to the Jolly Rogers after seeing The Final Countdown. Since then I like the VF-142 scheme better!

delta_lima
August 25th, 2012, 16:06
Hey buddy! It's been a while but I will take a stap adding the bmp in the attached might sort it.

Regards,

expat

thanks Ex!

Alas, my door is still black - and now my entire rear gear is black/untextured ...

Wondering if the pack is just missing a texture ... maybe another of Bob's paints has this sorted ... or it's an FS9-FSX model issue?

Cheers,

DL

expat
August 25th, 2012, 23:42
It's one of those main gear textures. Try one at a time borrowing from any paints that work. I encountered the exact same problem and that is how I fixed it.