PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think?...car from Hogan's heroes

Daveroo
August 24th, 2012, 08:22
general Burkhalter (Leon Askin)'s car was a 3 axle mercedes,presumadly a G4(W31),but for years the story was,it was a late 20s,early 30s Maybach Zepplin V12 that had been modified with the addition of an axle (3rd) and major body work.
i have a production still of the hogans car,and a shot of a real "G4(W31)",ive been looking and if they modified a maybach they did a great job,or im wondering if the one in los angeles in a museum is the "show car" ( ive read they dont know its history,but they do know its an authentic G4,except its on "street tires" made in Isreal ( kind of ironic?..)

what do you guys think?..hogans car the real deal?..or modified maybach?....remember BOTH cars were rare and the mayback was concidered colectable at the time the show was made...i some circles it was anyway...we had two zepplins in town,,,lost them in a barn fire in the 70s

Daveroo
August 24th, 2012, 08:25
dumb bell,,,i forgot the pics71427714287142971430

Jagdflieger
August 24th, 2012, 13:30
There was a three axel Mercedes on a rerun for "Get Smart" last night. While it had the Kaos symbol on it, it was unmistakably a German machine from WWII. Perhaps it was the same one used in Hogan's Heros.

TeaSea
August 24th, 2012, 16:07
I've seen the MB G4 in your photo at Sinshiem. Used to live just down the A-6 from it.

My guess is this is an actual G4 on the show. I suspect you will see this same car in other productions from that period, both TV and Movie.