PDA

View Full Version : New Berlin scenery version almost ready

gius
August 24th, 2012, 06:55
Hi to all,
i have almost finished my Berlin project, i upload it at the begin of the next week....
Voilà some screenshot:

Shessi
August 24th, 2012, 07:14
Looks superb! :applause:

Cheers

Shessi

Finn
August 24th, 2012, 07:41
Outstanding - will surely inspire lots of missions over the Reich. Thank you for such a beautiful work.
Finn:applause:

Discus
August 24th, 2012, 12:26
Outstanding - will surely inspire lots of missions over the Reich. Thank you for such a beautiful work.
Finn:applause:

How about throwing a barrage or two (bombardment effect), some tanks, guns and sandbags, and trying to land, wait to pick some high ranking officer (just a message), and taking off at night in a Storch in some difficult street indicated only by burning oil drums?

Also a good starting point for some Berlin lift missions set. Do you have a lake to land a Sunderland on it?

As always great scenery Gius!! :medals:

Do you use some kind of real street and building layout?

Cheers, Discus

gius
August 25th, 2012, 05:59
How about throwing a barrage or two (bombardment effect), some tanks, guns and sandbags, and trying to land, wait to pick some high ranking officer (just a message), and taking off at night in a Storch in some difficult street indicated only by burning oil drums?

Also a good starting point for some Berlin lift missions set. Do you have a lake to land a Sunderland on it?

As always great scenery Gius!! :medals:

Do you use some kind of real street and building layout?

Cheers, Discus

Thanks Discus,

i have used a ground layout taken from Google Earth. the layout of tempelhof airfield is taken from an aerial photo of 1943.

gius
August 25th, 2012, 06:05
Guys,
you must perhaps consider the fact that i have made for it several sets of new buildings (GSL), but not all are destroyable, meanwhile all are now multilod, so, although the scenery is very dense, you can obtain an acceptable level of frame rate...
i believe this is the most dense scenery ever created for Cfs2, hope you will enjoy it... there is also a lot of flak and searchlights.
Best Regards,
Gius

misson
August 25th, 2012, 08:11
Guys,
you must perhaps consider the fact that i have made for it several sets of new buildings (GSL), but not all are destroyable, meanwhile all are now multilod, so, although the scenery is very dense, you can obtain an acceptable level of frame rate...
i believe this is the most dense scenery ever created for Cfs2, hope you will enjoy it... there is also a lot of flak and searchlights.
Best Regards,
GiusGius! you've done what I call a real job! thank u!:applause:

Robert John
August 25th, 2012, 12:35
Looking foward to flying over this scenery, You have inspired me to get a new superfast computer christmas so I may fly over all your scenerys.
Robert John.

Canion
August 25th, 2012, 15:05
It looks great! Congratulations.
Bit by bit the ETO is being completed.

Rami
August 25th, 2012, 18:15
Gius,

This is outstanding, keep up the excellent work!

gius
August 27th, 2012, 04:31
Hi friends,
unfortunately i must tell you that i have some problem with the distribution of my scenery: one gob (that is a local cfs2 gsl area) is so plenty of objects that it exceeds the max number of gls buildings i can place in it (4096), so i have contacted Martin Wright. Any idea about that??
Bye
Gius

gius
August 27th, 2012, 06:45
Hi again
what do you think about this idea: put the Edmundo Abad's vehicles on the roads of Berlin?

Robert John
August 27th, 2012, 08:58
Hi gius

"unfortunately i must tell you that i have some problem with the distribution of my scenery: one gob (that is a local cfs2 gsl area) is so plenty of objects that it exceeds the max number of gls buildings i can place in it (4096), so i have contacted Martin Wright. Any idea about that??"

You can always try and join a few objects together to make one object.

what do you think about this idea: put the Edmundo Abad's vehicles on the roads of Berlin? "

Nice to convert them to cfs2 format and lod them.

I am interested in how cfs2 will run this scenery with the higher end computer.
RJ

gius
August 27th, 2012, 09:32
Hi gius

"unfortunately i must tell you that i have some problem with the distribution of my scenery: one gob (that is a local cfs2 gsl area) is so plenty of objects that it exceeds the max number of gls buildings i can place in it (4096), so i have contacted Martin Wright. Any idea about that??"

You can always try and join a few objects together to make one object.

what do you think about this idea: put the Edmundo Abad's vehicles on the roads of Berlin? "

Nice to convert them to cfs2 format and lod them.

I am interested in how cfs2 will run this scenery with the higher end computer.
RJ

Hi Robert,
glad you have liked my work
About the first point of question: can you explain me in detail what i should do??
about the vehicles: ok, i will try.
Regards,
Gius

Robert John
August 27th, 2012, 10:17
Hi gius,
I have produced a few tutorials on the subject of converting models, and information in the magazine I produce. I hope you have read them.
Once you have a building that you can use in gmax place a few into the scene as one object and make them lod and place them as one object either as gsl or ordinary sceney or use them in both types of scenery.
The vehicles by Edmundo Abad are not lod, but if we get permission to use the textures they will make good vehicles to use in cfs2 and even fs2004.
I have lots of time to help you, and it will do me some good.
PM your email as I dont seem to have it.
Robert John.

Captain Kurt
August 27th, 2012, 11:29
Hi friends,
unfortunately i must tell you that i have some problem with the distribution of my scenery: one gob (that is a local cfs2 gsl area) is so plenty of objects that it exceeds the max number of gls buildings i can place in it (4096), so i have contacted Martin Wright. Any idea about that??
Bye
Gius

Gius,

I would suggest you divide Berlin area into quadrants and make a gob for each quadrant, like Berlin1, Berlin2, etc. The city does not have to be a single gob.

Excellent, painstaking work BTW, congratulations.

gius
August 27th, 2012, 12:37
Gius,

I would suggest you divide Berlin area into quadrants and make a gob for each quadrant, like Berlin1, Berlin2, etc. The city does not have to be a single gob.

Excellent, painstaking work BTW, congratulations.

Hi CK,
thanks for the help, however, but we cannot decide the extention of each gob, this is assigned automatically by Cfs2 and we cannot touch them, rather i hope Martin could elevate the limit of 4096 object for a single gob...
Best Regards and thanks for your addons!!
Gius

gius
August 27th, 2012, 12:51
Hi gius,
I have produced a few tutorials on the subject of converting models, and information in the magazine I produce. I hope you have read them.
Once you have a building that you can use in gmax place a few into the scene as one object and make them lod and place them as one object either as gsl or ordinary sceney or use them in both types of scenery.
The vehicles by Edmundo Abad are not lod, but if we get permission to use the textures they will make good vehicles to use in cfs2 and even fs2004.
I have lots of time to help you, and it will do me some good.
PM your email as I dont seem to have it.
Robert John.

Robert,
still one thing: i knew this method but, applying it, i should recompile the gobs in MB and this will take a lot of time...
ok, i will convert and add lods to Edmundo's vehicles.

Robert John
August 27th, 2012, 13:36
Hi gius,

It may not be a problem with martin's tools it may be the way cfs2 is programed.
Have you tried to use an empty gsl and load all your objects with mission builder only to rule out if it is martins tools or cfs2 programming.
In the next magazine out shortly I have stated this comment “I have noticed once you have started to use Martin,s gsl tools to add to gsl Scenery you may always have to use his tools to add further objects, as I have found it corrupts the gsl file in that when adding extra gsl objects with mission builder it allows you to do this operation only once, and on the second attempt will not open file for reading”.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ONLY MY OBSERVATION AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE CONFERMED THIS IN ANY WAY BEFORE UPLOADING THIS ISSUE.

Hope this statment helps

Robert John

gius
August 30th, 2012, 01:57
Hi guys, good news,
i have ready the layout for the entire area, now i should only put some Edmundo's vehicles in the scenery.