PDA

View Full Version : Batton down the hatches Ickie...

Dangerousdave26
August 22nd, 2012, 17:23
And anyone else who lives on the West Coast of Florida.

Right now Isaac is coming right for you.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Good news is it will not be there until Monday some time.

Go out and get all of your survival stores if you do not have them yet. I will be stocking up Friday night but I only need a few things mostly stuff I could eat out of a can unheated if necessary.

Even if it doesn't hit its likely to generate a lot of rain early next week for the both of us.

Stay safe and dry.

Ickie
August 22nd, 2012, 17:48
we have been getting 1-4 inches of rain daily for 3 weeks, i'll be needing pontoons for the old van soon. the storm is just in time for the big convention, lol

Navy Chief
August 22nd, 2012, 18:25
I put all the hurricane covers on all of the windows, and stored all the patio furniture. Heading off island with my cat to girlfriend's house on Saturday afternoon. Bring it on, Isaac! NC

glh
August 22nd, 2012, 18:55
I'm in St. Petersburg, FL and I have been following the projected models (NOT the 5-day tracking forecast) from weatherunderground.com and the centerline of the storm has moved slightly west over the past 1-2 days. If this trend continues, it means the storm hits Mobile, New Orleans or Houston by the time it gets through the Gulf.

Currently, the center track is projected to pass 50 miles west of us (as best as I can determine) and my hope is that it does not exceed a Category 1 storm.

yank51
August 22nd, 2012, 19:22
Yeah, and all this is going on, and we have to head down that way to Largo tomorrow. Mom is in the hospital (rehab now) but I want to be there when they do their home evaluation Friday. Mom is scheduled to be discharged on Tuesday-Wednesday time frame. Even bringing the kayaks, as we then go to JAX for another family get together over the Labor Day weekend. I'll be watching this one closely....:kilroy:

CG_1976
August 22nd, 2012, 19:38
Send it to Houston, so San Antonio can get back slapped with massive rains to cool off and ease the drought.

Willy
August 22nd, 2012, 20:50
That's one thing I don't miss about living on the Gulf Coast. Yall tie everything down and be safe!

beana51
August 23rd, 2012, 12:18
TAMPA is doing every thing possible to protect people....ITEM:..All Umbrellas with steel tips??...VERBOTEN"....The only way to protect ones self...IS TO DRIVE OUT OF THE PLACE....GO NORTH OLD MAN......Run while Ya Can!!...or face the possibility of being Roof Bound waiting for the chopper!..TAMPA is a flood plane...

Its A Lovely Day In the GULF.......Winslow Homer!

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/thumbnailaspx-2.jpg

TeaSea
August 23rd, 2012, 12:56
I'll have to lay in some provisions this weekend. You know, scotch, beer...the essentials.

Crusader
August 23rd, 2012, 14:34
we have been getting 1-4 inches of rain daily for 3 weeks, i'll be needing pontoons for the old van soon. the storm is just in time for the big convention, lol

All those politicians should be able to walk on water , at least that's what they tell us . (Not intended to be a political statement-just a joke)

Much needed water but too much at one time .

Dangerousdave26
August 23rd, 2012, 16:54
Yep looking good for the east coast of Florida as it keeps moving west.

Ickie
August 24th, 2012, 14:40
i spent the day getting ready for whatever, today it was a cool sunny day, 90 with low humidity, the generator hasn't been run for 8 years, (since Ivan hit me in Pensacola)
I got everything ready like the power converter in the van , all checked out.
The gas tank is full as well as the gas cans.
I filled up the propane tanks on the 2 grills and dug out the old peculator coffee pot from storage.
I just changed out the 18 batteries in the yard lights, these are very good lights to have when you have no power.

TeaSea
August 24th, 2012, 16:04
Solar powered yard lights I take it....definitely a great innovation for situations like these. Some smart guy ought to come up with a nifty little base....oops, there went that patent.

Navy Chief
August 25th, 2012, 06:35
All hatches dogged tight. Provisions obtained, and headed to Fort Myers suburbia later this afternoon. Crossing fingers that house (in particular, my man cave) is not damaged from Isaac.....:salute:

NC

Dangerousdave26
August 25th, 2012, 06:46
The storm should miss us but we have been getting more than a fair share of rain from it already. Its been raining all night and morning sometimes quite heavily.

TeaSea
August 25th, 2012, 17:21
Scotch is in the cabinet....

I'm ready.

Ickie
August 27th, 2012, 04:35
with all the hype, well this is about it
:icon_eek: I live just above the bullseye

TeaSea
August 27th, 2012, 04:55
Rain bands to the max out this way Ickie, but not a lot of wind. I'm tell you, it sure is wet though. Bit worried about my neighbors down the road on the Alafia. The river tends to back up and come out of it's banks pretty quickly.

I'll drive out that way a little later today. I took leave for the week of the RNC figuring getting to MacDill would be more or less a nightmare.

ViperPilot2
August 27th, 2012, 06:31
You folks down there in FL and the Gulf be careful and vigilant... make sure you've got provisions, 'cause this might be a doozy!
Boy, we could sure use the precip; yesterday we broke a 12 year record for the most days in the 90's... 61! :isadizzy:

Be safe!

:USA-flag: :wiggle:

EDIT: Make that 62 days... it's currently 95° as of 13:42 MST.

Maarten -
August 27th, 2012, 07:22
Those in Florida and the Gulf states, make sure you'll be safe. Take care!

Cheers,
Maarten

Ickie
August 27th, 2012, 08:20
my 2 year old air conditioner in my bedroom went out when the power flashed, I had to buy a new one today.

Dangerousdave26
August 27th, 2012, 08:26
Its been raining here on and off with plenty of localized flooding since Friday night.

We should finally get out of the rain bands here pretty soon. Today has been looking ugly but not raining as much.

Ickie
August 27th, 2012, 10:12
I just ran the flag up the pole and wala the wind and rain band came in, the heavest I have seen so far, the flag is almost straight out, lol:icon_lol:

Roger
August 27th, 2012, 11:20
Take care you guys:engel016:

Ickie
August 27th, 2012, 12:05
latest photo

Ickie
August 27th, 2012, 12:13
here is where i get my weather, worldwide weather
http://www.wunderground.com/

enjoy
P/S if you signup you get no ad's, just 5 bucks a year

Dangerousdave26
August 27th, 2012, 12:42
I spoke too soon.

2:00 pm we had a storm blow through that struck my phone system at work with lightning. It was just enough to force it to reboot which for a large medical center is not a good thing.

I will be going in tonight to do a full power off rest of the system. That is the only way to ensure everything comes back online correctly. The static discharge scrambles microprocessors little brains and a good power off reset helps them think clearly again.

Mr. Radar looks pretty crappy for here also.

Willy
August 27th, 2012, 13:06
We're needing rain, but I don't think we need that much rain.