He posted it a few days ago. Downloading as we speak. :wiggle:

http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html

Brian

Daveroo
August 22nd, 2012, 06:59
any VC shots or anything?

stovall
August 22nd, 2012, 07:20
Will anyone who download's Bill updated B-25 please give us a review of the entire aircraft. I understand the entire cockpit is redone. My previous version was perfect but for the cockpit. Thanks.

MDIvey
August 22nd, 2012, 08:08
Out of interest Is it a native FSX model now?

KR Matt

expat
August 22nd, 2012, 08:13
Downloaded and flew it around Jackson Hole and Yellowstone the other day. It's a beautiful model with great ground animations. Not native FSX so still have canopy/prop textures disappearing against clouds. Can't say whether the vc is new or not but looks ok to me. Can't for the life of me start her manually - same with the previous model - which is annoying but the most positive thing is the flight model which I found so easy to trim you don't really need an AP - you can just set the MAP and RPM so and she will slightly climb or descend or fly more or less level. Has some good new repaints which are not at all easy to do as I understand.

stovall
August 22nd, 2012, 08:57
expat, I also did a test run. I am not sure if you had run the B-25 glass fix but I did on the previous version and have no problem with clouds and prop textures. The canopy is perfect also. All seem to be working fine with the cockpit both VC and 2D. The first time load as Roy says takes some time to generate but after that no problem. Looks like a great addition to our hangers. Thanks to Roy Chaffin for his fine work on a great B-25 aircraft.

Stan V.
August 22nd, 2012, 09:52
expat, I also did a test run. I am not sure if you had run the B-25 glass fix but I did on the previous version and have no problem with clouds and prop textures. The canopy is perfect also. All seem to be working fine with the cockpit both VC and 2D. The first time load as Roy says takes some time to generate but after that no problem. Looks like a great addition to our hangers. Thanks to Roy Chaffin for his fine work on a great B-25 aircraft.

I have a question about the VC in the latest version... Does everyone have yokes and throttles in the VC view? I don't and that is one feature of the previous version that caused me to put it on the shelf. If you have these features, then I must have installed this latest version incorrectly, and I will have to try again.

huub vink
August 22nd, 2012, 10:10
Before reading any further, please realise this model is freeware and please consider it as a gift from those who made it for you. It is based on a quite dated model and therefore it perhaps doesn't meet the standards of current payware.

I consider it a decent model, which is a joy to fly and to look at. When you don't like it, please don't blame the makers you have a bad taste.....:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: (just kidding)

But please threat the makers with some respect as they invested a lot of time in create this toy for you. When you don't like it, don't complain as nobody forces you to download it!

Thank you!

Stan V. when you open the VC the throttles and yokes aren't there. However shift-6 will make them pop-up.

This version includes 4 new repaints, from which two are done Jan Kees. (Although not mentioned in the readme)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_alt2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_alt1.jpg

And two done by Steve Wayne, who was the regular painter for Roy

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_alt4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_alt5.jpg

Cheers,
Huub

stovall
August 22nd, 2012, 10:24
"But please threat the makers with some respect as they invested a lot of time in create this toy for you."

I would like to add that Huub says they invested a lot of time to create this toy, that should actually say years of time. It is still an incredible model and really fun to fly. Again great work Roy and thanks very much.

Huub, that looks a little like ChiChi Jima scenery. If you like that one I have Truk Atoll on the verge of being released.

I did a repaint of this beauty with the 1944-45 wing and fuse stars to make flying her from Iwo Jima and Chi Chi Jima look slightly better.

huub vink
August 22nd, 2012, 10:33
Some VC shots

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_VC1.jpg

Zoomed out completely

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_VC2.jpg

And yes you can see the wings....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_VC3.jpg

Tom, I will shoot you a PM..:wavey:

huub vink
August 22nd, 2012, 10:35
And for those with a short memory; these liveries were included in the earlier releases....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_alt7.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_alt6.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RCS_B25_alt3.jpg

That's all folks!

Stan V.
August 22nd, 2012, 13:08
Before reading any further, please realise this model is freeware and please consider it as a gift from those who made it for you. It is based on a quite dated model and therefore it perhaps doesn't meet the standards of current payware.

Stan V. when you open the VC the throttles and yokes aren't there. However shift-6 will make them pop-up.

Cheers,
Huub

Huub,

Thanks for the info. Howver, I tried the shift-6 action and all I got was a pop-up of the throttle quandrant that stayed fixed in screen center as I panned around the VC. I am afraid this one comes back off of my system. I do not mean this as a slam at RC Panels- I know Roy and Steve did their best when it was released. It simply is not what I want to see and as I fly mostly in the VC, it will have to go.

Stan

FSX68
August 22nd, 2012, 13:39
Roy came thru again...I like it a lot.

Two questions.

1. What is all that click and pop I hear in the airplane? I never understood that noise (Click and pops) even in the older versions.

2. Were are the pilots/co pilots yokes? Or do you get them in the view mode drop down box?

:applause::applause:

PRB
August 22nd, 2012, 15:18
The clicks and pops are meant to simulate the similar sound you hear with these engines, usually when they come off the power, like during the landing roll out. I think it works pretty well. In the case of this plane, you do hear it throughout all the power settings, which may not be quite realistic. If I remember correctly, the MAAM B-25 does this too, but it seemed like it was only at low power settings.

I like this plane! The VC is fine. Better than fine, even. And as others have pointed out, it's free, so no complaining! :icon_lol:

FSX68
August 22nd, 2012, 15:39
The clicks and pops are meant to simulate the similar sound you hear with these engines, usually when they come off the power, like during the landing roll out. I think it works pretty well. In the case of this plane, you do hear it throughout all the power settings, which may not be quite realistic. If I remember correctly, the MAAM B-25 does this too, but it seemed like it was only at low power settings.

I like this plane! The VC is fine. Better than fine, even. And as others have pointed out, it's free, so no complaining! :icon_lol:

Thanks for that nugget now, how about the yoke question. Are they available?

dvj
August 22nd, 2012, 16:38
Thanks for that nugget now, how about the yoke question. Are they available?

FWIW: I replaced the sound file with the one from the Simouthouse S2F. Now it sounds more like the B-25's I recall during airshows. More thundering, no pops.
This is really a nice little model which looks good in FSX. It's a keeper until a native FSX model comes along. Somewhat surprised that A2A does not have an Accusim B-25 planned.

Daveroo
August 22nd, 2012, 18:10
i asked for a shot of the VC because i wanted to see it...not to complain....looks great to me and thanks for the pics...

stovall
August 22nd, 2012, 18:35
dvj, thanks for suggesting the SimOuthouse S2F sounds. They fit the B-25 perfectly. She is a great addition to the pacific scenery.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/MitchelB-25ChiChi.jpg

stansdds
August 23rd, 2012, 02:16
Roy came thru again...I like it a lot.

Two questions.

1. What is all that click and pop I hear in the airplane? I never understood that noise (Click and pops) even in the older versions.

2. Were are the pilots/co pilots yokes? Or do you get them in the view mode drop down box?

:applause::applause:

As one who has flown on a B-25J, sitting behind the pilot, I can tell you that the engine noise is deafening. The "clicks and pops" in the engine noise are cylinders that do not completely burn all the avgas, when the avgas hits the hot exhaust stub it ignites and you hear a loud pop. This only occurs at very low throttle settings.

expat
August 24th, 2012, 02:01
I did a repaint of this beauty with the 1944-45 wing and fuse stars to make flying her from Iwo Jima and Chi Chi Jima look slightly better.

I really like the look of your paint which is much needed for PTO flying. Any chance of uploading it?

stovall
August 24th, 2012, 06:49
Thanks for the comment Expat, sure I am still rebuilding my entire system but will definitely get to that as soon as possible. Probably today or tomorrow.

Expat, I have uploaded the late star version of the B-25. Enjoy.

OleBoy
August 24th, 2012, 19:19
Mr. Chaffin's B-25 appears to be offline.

expat
August 24th, 2012, 23:30
Expat, I have uploaded the late star version of the B-25. Enjoy.

Many thanks !!

mal998
August 25th, 2012, 07:01
This has been asked a couple of times but I don't see an answer. Has anyone seen the yokes? If so, how do you get them to appear?

stovall
August 25th, 2012, 08:05
Shift 6 brings up the throttle controls but no yokes. Roy has always felt the 2D cockpit is a better experience. To each his own. Still the VC is very acceptable. Enjoy!!

Sascha66
August 25th, 2012, 08:08
F*****g awesome! And there will be an FS9 version for those of us still sitting on the fence on FSX after 6 years ... like me:sheep:

Thank you ROy Chaffin, the previous version is a keeper which has a place of honor in my hangar ever since release I don't remember which year!:salute::salute::salute:

Navtech
August 26th, 2012, 07:54
Where I can download this plane ? :icon_eek:

modelr
August 26th, 2012, 08:13
Where I can download this plane ? :icon_eek:

From the link in the first post to this thread. When the page opens scroll down under the first screenshot a few lines and the download link is listed. There ar two links, one for the 32bit version, and down a couple more lines, the link for the 64bit version.

Blackbird686
August 26th, 2012, 08:28
From the link in the first post to this thread. When the page opens scroll down under the first screenshot a few lines and the download link is listed. There ar two links, one for the 32bit version, and down a couple more lines, the link for the 64bit version.

erm... the link appears to be broken. Tried with both IE8 and Google Chrome and message keeps comming up: "not available" :pop4: .

BB686:USA-flag:

Navtech
August 26th, 2012, 08:59
Indeed
http://i.imgur.com/CllLA.jpg

Naismith
August 26th, 2012, 09:05
Just tried - its working

Navtech
August 26th, 2012, 10:10
Just tried - its working
What you tried ? .. the plane or the download (can be confusing lol)
Just tried (again!) the download and it's not working (using different internet browsers) :a1451:

YoYo
August 26th, 2012, 10:25
What you tried ? .. the plane or the download (can be confusing lol)
Just tried (again!) the download and it's not working (using different internet browsers) :a1451:

For me too. The website with this file cant load.

Roger
August 26th, 2012, 12:18
Try this for the 32 bit version http://roychaffin.co.uk/fs2012/rcsb25fsx32bitv275.zip

pfflyers
August 26th, 2012, 12:30
Roger, thanks for the link. Seems to be working for me.

Roger
August 26th, 2012, 13:04
Roger, thanks for the link. Seems to be working for me.

I just removed the www. from the download address and that seems to work...no idea why, lol?

WarHorse47
August 26th, 2012, 14:00
I have uploaded the late star version of the B-25. Enjoy.

Thanks, Tom. This works well in current FS9 version. Any other RCS repaints hidden in your closet??

:ernae:
--WH

stovall
August 26th, 2012, 15:20
Sorry Warhorse47, with all the great talent out there painting the RCS B-25 this is the only one I did just to fill the gap with a late star. You should be able to do a search for the fantastic paints by a number of artists. Love this aircraft in the PTO.

pfflyers
August 26th, 2012, 15:27
I don't have FSX but downloaded Tom's repaint on a whim and tried it in my FS9 version. Since it worked ok I went ahead and downloaded the 32bit FSX pack. I unzipped it and took out the "new" texture folders and put them in my FS9 folder. The painted varients, usa1942 and desert, work fine 'out of the box'. The bare textures contain some dds bitmaps that need converting. They look pretty nice and breathe a little new life into the ol' bird.

Thanks to all the painters and to Roy for the aircraft.

OleBoy
August 26th, 2012, 18:00
Copy and paste the link in a new browser window for the one you want and hit enter.

32bit
roychaffin.co.uk/fs2012/rcsb25fsx32bitv275.zip

64bit
roychaffin.co.uk/fs2012/rcsb25fsxw764v275.zip

jankees
August 26th, 2012, 21:13
Sorry Warhorse47, with all the great talent out there painting the RCS B-25 this is the only one I did just to fill the gap with a late star. You should be able to do a search for the fantastic paints by a number of artists. Love this aircraft in the PTO.

As far as I know, I was the only one that ever did any repaints for this bird, but Roy would not allow me to publish them.
He has now included them in this package though. I am not aware of any other paints?
As for converting my dds textures, just open the ds files in dxtbmp, flip them vertically and save as bmp and you're done

YoYo
August 26th, 2012, 21:42
I just removed the www. from the download address and that seems to work...no idea why, lol?

Bingo! This idea works :-) . Perhaps he has a wrong link/script on the website with hyperlink.
Thx a lot.

Navtech
August 26th, 2012, 21:44
Thank you for the links ! :salute:

WarHorse47
August 27th, 2012, 06:25
As far as I know, I was the only one that ever did any repaints for this bird, but Roy would not allow me to publish them.
He has now included them in this package though. I am not aware of any other paints?
As for converting my dds textures, just open the ds files in dxtbmp, flip them vertically and save as bmp and you're done
I was going to wait for the FS9 update, but elected to take this route. Other than the new textures, I'll be curious to see what additional changes are in the next version.

While we're on this subject, I'd be curious to know if the texture for "Yellow Rose" will ever be available? I know there was a special FSX CD version for the CAF, but I don't know if that's still available or not or if this texture will eventually be published. I don't need the CD as I don't have FSX and I'm happy with my current freeware version, but I wouldn't mind making a donation to CAF in exchange for the addtional texture if that were doable.
--WH

modelr
August 27th, 2012, 17:12
Concerning repaints, copied directly from the copyright and piracy policy page in the manual folder:

RepaintsRCS Panels will not grant permission for any repaints of this package. The only repaints allowed, will be those done by RCS Panels team members. Any requests for particular liveries should be sent to RCS Panels at :- roy@roychaffin.com

If you find any anywhere, other than from RCS, they are technically illegal.

Also, this IS NOT the MAAM B-25, altho Roy did work on it in the early stages, it has been proven time and again to be a totally different model. (Much like the swingman Grumman Duck fiasco.)

olderndirt
August 27th, 2012, 17:40
Installed the 64 bit version and it looks great. A person on another forum commented about the lack of glass - is this a possibility?

WarHorse47
August 27th, 2012, 19:03
Concerning repaints, copied directly from the copyright and piracy policy page in the manual folder:

RepaintsRCS Panels will not grant permission for any repaints of this package. The only repaints allowed, will be those done by RCS Panels team members. Any requests for particular liveries should be sent to RCS Panels at :- roy@roychaffin.com

If you find any anywhere, other than from RCS, they are technically illegal.

Also, this IS NOT the MAAM B-25, altho Roy did work on it in the early stages, it has been proven time and again to be a totally different model. (Much like the swingman Grumman Duck fiasco.)Just so there is no misinterpretation here, we are strictly discussing RCS created/approved repaints. But thanks for the reminder anyways.
--WH

FlameOut
February 9th, 2014, 04:50
I had to revive this old FSX thread to let FSX users know that Roy Chaffin has released his B-25J for PrePar3D v.2

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Navy Chief
February 9th, 2014, 14:22
NICE!!:very_drunk: NC

falcon409
February 9th, 2014, 14:51
I had to revive this old FSX thread to let FSX users know that Roy Chaffin has released his B-25J for PrePar3D v.2

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Be aware that this version is meant to be flown with 2D pop-up panels. There is a rough VC, but it's non-clickable and only partially textured. Just FYI.