PDA

View Full Version : Start up time in seconds with an SSD HD!

Lionheart
August 22nd, 2012, 03:11
Yep. I have seen it for myself. Seconds.

Started up P3 Build 1.4 on an SSD HD computer, i7 chippie, and that green bar went from left to right in seconds. It takes nearly a min. plus to boot up P3 on my regular work rig. Incredible....!

6 seconds to boot up in Windows 7 x86.

How.....?????

Instant on. Amazing times we are living in.

stovall
August 22nd, 2012, 06:56
Bill, I found the same thing with a recent 2TB standard HD crash. I had Windows 7 on a 120 GB OCZ SSD and replaced that with a Samsung 256 GB SSD. I too have a i7 chip. I then installed FSX on the 120 GB SSD and found FSX ran very close to P3D in performance. This is with only the default installed but all sliders to the right.

My new 2TB standard 7200 rpm 6 MB/Sec transfer drive has arrived and I have both FSX and P3D 1.4 installed on it. Performance is still very good for both but maybe not quite as good as with the SSD. We shall see once I get my GEX, REX and other scenery installed.

I use the Jesus 'Bojote' Altuve cfg tweek on both the FSX.cfg and Prepar3D.cfg. That is about all.

warchild
August 22nd, 2012, 09:48
man, i really cant wait for the prices on these things to come down to the level of us common folk.. seven second start up time would be SWEET!!!.. Congrats on your hardware guys.. that sounds pretty frikkin awesome..