PDA

View Full Version : For any of you Tom Clancy fans... looks like new movies

crashaz
August 20th, 2012, 19:52
http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/paramount-lands-kevin-costner-to-rev-jack-ryan-and-without-remorse-pics/

Without Remorse.... excellent!! :jump:

Rami
August 20th, 2012, 20:10
Crashaz,

A nice movie to make, but they should have brought Alec Baldwin back. I always felt that in the Hunt for Red October, he really fit the image of Jack Ryan as portrayed in the novel; an academic playing way over his head. Harrison Ford was more of a heroic everyman, but didn't quite fit Clancy's books.

Ben Affleck was a bloody mess, and Costner? The only three movies I ever liked him in are Tin Cup, Field of Dreams, and The Untouchables.

pilottj
August 20th, 2012, 20:15
Thats interesting, I thought Without Remorse was mostly about the character John Clark...I don't think it had much to do with Jack Ryan. Oh well, not that Hollywood would follow the book anyway:rolleyes:

Cheers
TJ

Rami
August 20th, 2012, 20:29
Pilottj,

Then they gotta bring back Willem Dafoe, not Costner. He's the only one who can do it right.

bushpilot
August 21st, 2012, 06:35
I'm hoping to see that Rainbow Six film someday, it has been in the making forever.:pop4:

cheezyflier
August 21st, 2012, 12:11
i've never seen any of the movies, but read most of the books.

av8erjm
August 22nd, 2012, 06:10
This is by far my fav Clancy novel, the metamorphsis of John Kelly into the shadowy Bill Clark. As someone has already said, in the book, it has very little to do w/ Jack Ryan. His dad is entered as a detective investigating a series of murders, hope that hasn't ruined to much of the plot for anyone. Admiral Greer of the Ryan novels is the one who recruits John Kelly not sure why they would pick someone else as an character, seems to ruin the continuty to me. I've read the book about 4 times, to me it's that good. I too would like to see a Rainbow 6 series come to the screen or at least a trilogy. Just hope they don't screw the pooch on this one