PDA

View Full Version : "The Mummy" ............what plane was it?

Flame-Prop
August 20th, 2012, 15:05
Ever since i've seen this move called "The mummy" i was fascinated by the plane that it was featured in it. And are there any models out there for FSX? I remember the weapon that was mounted to it as shown in the photo below me. Fortunatly the second photo is the best one i found of what the plane was meant to look like

71230 71231

RyanJames170
August 20th, 2012, 15:13
Ever since i've seen this move called "The mummy" i was fascinated by the plane that it was featured in it. And are there any models out there for FSX? I remember the weapon that was mounted to it as shown in the photo below me. Fortunatly the second photo is the best one i found of what the plane was meant to look like

71230 71231

not sure but there is a Database for that though called the internet movie plane database but there down right now

Daveroo
August 20th, 2012, 15:14
there is a website called impdb.org,movie planes....or planes in movies...but i tried to go there ( ive been there many times before) but this time got a warning about malware......IMCDb.org works fine though

oldpropfan
August 20th, 2012, 21:38
Possibly a Stampe (?) SV-4 with kind of an SE-5 type of nose addition, they've been used in many films with mods to make them look like something else. I think it was just a Hollywood type mash-up and not meant to represent any real plane per se.

jeansy
August 20th, 2012, 22:04
funny enough, I have a close friend who worked on all the custom props for the 1st mummy moive, he took great pleasure telling me all about the custom made car they did

since he moved back to aus, he now working in the mines so i will email and see if i get a response

Flame-Prop
August 22nd, 2012, 03:38
funny enough, I have a close friend who worked on all the custom props for the 1st mummy moive, he took great pleasure telling me all about the custom made car they did

since he moved back to aus, he now working in the mines so i will email and see if i get a response

I can see this plane is more of a mystery than the Lost Ark :isadizzy: Thank you for your efforts Jeansy, we might find something out. It looked simple enough to fly but this is another story. I kinda have my hopes up someone could make a nice model of it for FSX. I like these planes alot, so please take your time :kilroy:

ThinkingManNeil
August 22nd, 2012, 05:49
Likely a modified Stampe or Tiger Moth. Easier to mod one of those than to build something from scratch. Also since they're among some of the more abundant vintage types, acquiring one is easier, cheaper, and and would likely cause less of a furor when sacrificed for a movie than a rarer period bird.

N.

T6flyer
August 22nd, 2012, 08:20
It's a converted SV.4 Stampe.

Martin

William Njurmi
August 22nd, 2012, 09:22
By the looks of it, I believe the moviemakers were after a Bristol F.2 Fighter.