PDA

View Full Version : Prepar3D Version 1.4 Download

stovall
August 20th, 2012, 08:33
Prepar3D Version 1.4 is ready for download. Just accessed my account and found the three part download. Total download over 9 GB. Getting started with the 7-8 hour process.

Lionheart
August 20th, 2012, 10:06
Nice!

Off to start my download...

Thanks for the heads up, Stovall

Bill

VCN-1
August 20th, 2012, 12:16
I have one 3.99 GB chunk downloaded and the second 3.99 GB chunk started.

I see an installation some time tomorrow.

VCN-1

Lionheart
August 20th, 2012, 14:09
First pack of three downloaded. Second one timed out 3X so far. About 50% downloaded.

Bill

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 20th, 2012, 14:12
been running it a hour now but cant find your plane unless it replaced their stock moony

Lionheart
August 20th, 2012, 14:57
Shane,

You have a fast download service!

Look under Mooney, for the 'Acclaim' model. The original is the Bravo.

I hope its there. :S

Just finished downloading package 2 of 3. 2 Gigs to go.

AussieMan
August 20th, 2012, 15:34
At the rate that P3D downloaded for me originally I see an install date of about Friday :(

Lionheart
August 20th, 2012, 15:58
At the rate that P3D downloaded for me originally I see an install date of about Friday :(

ugggh!

Do you have a place near by that has high speed internet such as a public library with a computer department, local college with computer department, or a business center (like Kinkos) that can download things for you and burn them to CD's. That is a good alternative.

Bill

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 20th, 2012, 16:43
yes and its there I have a new fav aircraft makes the defualt one look like it was made in one day on a buget :)
and yes fast download here broadband with our cable company took me 2.5 hours to download the whole thing

Lionheart
August 20th, 2012, 16:56
yes and its there I have a new fav aircraft makes the defualt one look like it was made in one day on a buget :)
and yes fast download here broadband with our cable company took me 2.5 hours to download the whole thing

Awesome....

Just finished downloading. Backing up the folders to an aux folder.

WinXP wouldnt let me rename the P3 folder.

For those that havent done this yet, the instructions for the Installer state you must completely and totally remove the Prepar system, everything including the saved flights folders in the My Documents section. (This is per the PDF file). Dang... I kind of wanted to keep some flights. Maybe quite a few things are changed...

Bill

MudMarine
August 20th, 2012, 17:11
This better be worth all the backing up crap I have to do to upgrade! Can't say I'm very happy right now. I want to fly NOT download, backup, install and then get the game tuned-up again, so then I can go flying.:isadizzy:

Crusader
August 20th, 2012, 18:05
This better be worth all the backing up crap I have to do to upgrade! Can't say I'm very happy right now. I want to fly NOT download, backup, install and then get the game tuned-up again, so then I can go flying.:isadizzy:

I'm feeling your pain Mud . Not looking forward to all the back-up and reloading . Just wondering if the dll with all the specific entries like UTX , ORBX sceneries , etc can just be switched out from 1.3 to the 1.4 version . I'll have to comb the P3D forum and find out . I'm almost to the point of completely dropping FSX . Got a ton of AC and sceneries in the older 1.3 version . I'm sure there is a few with special entries that might be a P.I.A .

Your going to enjoy P3D 1.4 for sure.

Rich

CG_1976
August 20th, 2012, 18:22
ugggh!

Do you have a place near by that has high speed internet such as a public library with a computer department, local college with computer department, or a business center (like Kinkos) that can download things for you and burn them to CD's. That is a good alternative.

Bill

Excellent Idea, time to snoop around SA for a service like this. I got better speed in Yellowknife or Iqaluit lol.

Lionheart
August 20th, 2012, 18:26
Smart thinking Rich.

Backing up also... Tons and tons...

I love this sim though. Once its all loaded and running, it will be good again.

luckydog
August 20th, 2012, 18:40
Well..........got the "old" deleted and the "new" installed.
The two new aircraft are the only thing "new" that I've discovered so far and have had a hell of a time getting them off the ground.......
must be a secret switch somewhere in the cockpits.......
Now to all the add-ons I've collected........at least I know the ones that work ok.

Lionheart
August 20th, 2012, 21:42
10:30 PM, running.

Loved the Iris, had a rough time getting off the ground also.

I wonder if they are maxed out on payload for the flights? The Mooney Acclaim should take off swiftly.

The menu screens that used to take 10 seconds to boot up now are up and gone in a flash. Nice.....!

kjb
August 20th, 2012, 22:55
Bill, was the Dynamic in 1.3? I may have missed it. It is in 1.4.

italoc
August 21st, 2012, 03:38
Dld just completed (rather quick :applause:)
Install next !
Anxious to start flying .... :salute:
Italo

warchild
August 21st, 2012, 08:25
installing now.. this could be interesting.. whats everyones opinion of it so far???

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 21st, 2012, 09:02
very nice trying to tweek it up but having some small issues with black textures at a large airport

Lionheart
August 21st, 2012, 09:58
very nice trying to tweek it up but having some small issues with black textures at a large airport

Hey Shane,

Which airport?

I noticed while reading the PDF on the updates for Build 1.4 (list of enhancements and bugs attacked), that they have added I think 4 bases (AFB's) in the package, higher details, better taxi ways, etc.

Bill

Lionheart
August 21st, 2012, 09:59
installing now.. this could be interesting.. whats everyones opinion of it so far???

My opinion is high for it. Not perfect, but right next to it. I am loving this sim......!

Bill, was the Dynamic in 1.3? I may have missed it. It is in 1.4.

The Dynamic 'should not' be in the Prepar package. :S Is was created to run in it, but is payware.

kjb
August 21st, 2012, 10:06
Interesting...I bought it, but hadn't reinstalled it since updating. Somehow it made its way back in 1.4, even though I deleted everything per the installation instructions. Oh well, saves me one thing I won't have to install now :)

Naismith
August 21st, 2012, 10:16
They still have not addressed some fundamentals. It still boots up into a flight, no menu screen. Wx is the same albeit I use an external program for Wx, ATC pop up still solid. And frustratinglt the ALT Return to switch from windowed into full screen still does not work. Oh and it does not recognise SPAD for my Saitek panels.
I cannot see me using P3D as my main sim, so its back to trusty old FSX.

warchild
August 21st, 2012, 11:00
I didnt get as far as you got Naismith.. I id a "clean" install ( uninstalled the old version from the programs control ) and, i dont have either Iris's or Lionhearts aircraft to select in the menu.. its like WTF?? I've got a dev license. does this mean i dont get the candy?? I'm confused and upset..
Pam

ZEUS67
August 21st, 2012, 11:48
I didnt get as far as you got Naismith.. I id a "clean" install ( uninstalled the old version from the programs control ) and, i dont have either Iris's or Lionhearts aircraft to select in the menu.. its like WTF?? I've got a dev license. does this mean i dont get the candy?? I'm confused and upset..
Pam

I also have a Devs license and I got both the Lionheart and the Iris aircraft. The Iris aircraft is a handful, almost requiring the entire length of the Norfolk runway to get into the air, accelerates like a turtle and gets into an incontrollable spin at the drop of a hat. I still have not tested Lionheart's aircraft. Too busy porting the A-7 and T-2 to Prepar3D, including creating installers and checking the modules.

I will upgrade the Corsair II with a working gun and perhaps a TV camera in cockpit.

warchild
August 21st, 2012, 12:13
Well, i make no claims on the T-6.. It was one of my first flight models, and Iris tweaked it after i turned it over to them.. If i can "ever" get the right T-6 into p3d i'll rework the fde for you ( wish they had done that to begin with,, grrr ) . since i have PW internal docs on the PT-6 i can even go so far as to rebuild the entire engine ( bolt by ever loving bolt ) and promise i'll do that for you folks.. Just give me a month or so as my dance sheet is still loaded ( pc-21, pc-9, Yak-130, SU-37 )..

warchild
August 21st, 2012, 12:18
I think i'm just gonna start with a clean wipe. Uninstall and delete everything P3D, then reinstall.. it sux, but i'm not trusting everything right now..
One of the issues ive been seeing, with the PC-21 directly and indirectly with the T-6, is that P3D is NOT fsx. The planes do not fly the same. I think that P3D offers a much broader range of programming possibilities, but it also enforces a greater amount of exactitude in that programming.. The SU-37 will be difficult..

Lionheart
August 21st, 2012, 12:23
warchild
Pam

The Mooney is under Mooney (the manufacturer) and is the 'Acclaim' model.

The Texan is under Beechcraft and is listed in there with the Baron and Kingair.

My rig has them when I loaded up the fresh install, no addons installed yet.

Interesting...I bought it, but hadn't reinstalled it since updating. Somehow it made its way back in 1.4, even though I deleted everything per the installation instructions. Oh well, saves me one thing I won't have to install now :)
kjb

KJB, I think if you did the uninstall, all the addons and DLL's and scenery that you had installed stay in that folder. But if you uninstalled 'everything' and deleted the remaining bits from the folder, then something went wrong or 'odd'. Has happened many times though that odd things in software occur.

They still have not addressed some fundamentals. It still boots up into a flight, no menu screen. Wx is the same albeit I use an external program for Wx, ATC pop up still solid. And frustratinglt the ALT Return to switch from windowed into full screen still does not work. Oh and it does not recognise SPAD for my Saitek panels.

I cannot see me using P3D as my main sim, so its back to trusty old FSX.
Naismith

Naismith, they never said they would be adding a startup page to the sim. Sorry to see you go.

warchild
August 21st, 2012, 12:30
ok, got the acclaim.. and i like it.. didnt think of looking under beechcraft. to me its always been a pilatus, though i did know of beechcraft licensing the T-6 from them.. just old habits and ways of thinking.. Thanks for that info Bill.. Much appreciated..
Pam

warchild
August 21st, 2012, 12:32
Naismith.. I also dont have a menu (no one does ) but i DID try the ALT-Enter, and it works on my machine.. Something is going on there on yours..

luckydog
August 21st, 2012, 13:06
The T-6 seems to be flying better now ( don't know what I did ) but I can't figure out how to get rid of the external fuel tanks ??!

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 21st, 2012, 13:57
the airport is a addon simaddons halifax i am tweeking for it though lol
I noticed with the planes that where hard to get in the air, that when i pushed my throttle forward all the way it did not do it in sim just 69%
and that my trim seems all over the place think i need to calabrate

CG_1976
August 21st, 2012, 14:57
Shane, do you have the web address for simaddons?? I heard they where working on CYWG?

Lionheart
August 21st, 2012, 15:45
ok, got the acclaim.. and i like it.. didnt think of looking under beechcraft. to me its always been a pilatus, though i did know of beechcraft licensing the T-6 from them.. just old habits and ways of thinking.. Thanks for that info Bill.. Much appreciated..
Pam

Roger that Pam.

I had never heard of the Texan, only the Pilatus, so this was new to me as well.

Bill

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 21st, 2012, 16:12
http://simaddons.com/
yes we are working on cywg I have it on my drive I know he put in the new terminal we are working on CYYC and Edmonton too
sorry bit off topic

Naismith
August 22nd, 2012, 00:29
I'm not giving up on it, just pointing out a few annoyances which they have known about for ages and done nothing about. A biggy which I neglected to report was they have done nothing to incorporate TrackIR, which for me is huge.

ZEUS67
August 22nd, 2012, 08:16
I'm not giving up on it, just pointing out a few annoyances which they have known about for ages and done nothing about. A biggy which I neglected to report was they have done nothing to incorporate TrackIR, which for me is huge.

The whole TrackIR fiasco is a "He Said, She Said" quarrel. LM doesn't want to use NaturalPoint's APIs and NP doesn't want to use SimConnect. In AVSIM (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/377673-languagedll/)they have found a way to activate TrackIR without using EZDock.

Lionheart
August 22nd, 2012, 10:44
In AVSIM (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/377673-languagedll/)they have found a way to activate TrackIR without using EZDock.

Nice! Glad they have it working now.

Bill

n4gix
August 22nd, 2012, 11:00
The whole TrackIR fiasco is a "He Said, She Said" quarrel. LM doesn't want to use NaturalPoint's APIs and NP doesn't want to use SimConnect. In AVSIM (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/377673-languagedll/)they have found a way to activate TrackIR without using EZDock.
Thanks for the reference. I went to AVSIM, read back to the appropriate post, then promoted the "solution" to the "Tutorials" database.:icon_lol:

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/77-trackir-in-prepar3d/

CG_1976
August 22nd, 2012, 23:17
Something is real wrong here. I just installed Prepar3D and she is performance wise acting worse then FSX.
Update
What in the world of errors
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
Application Version: 1.4.4747.0
Application Timestamp: 50253a53
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0
Exception Code: e0434352
Exception Offset: 0000d36f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

MudMarine
August 23rd, 2012, 02:48
Thanks for the reference. I went to AVSIM, read back to the appropriate post, then promoted the "solution" to the "Tutorials" database.:icon_lol:

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/77-trackir-in-prepar3d/

Hmmm.....link isn't working?

n4gix
August 23rd, 2012, 08:56
Hmmm.....link isn't working?

I just tried it myself and it worked just fine using IE8...

vgbaron
August 23rd, 2012, 09:11
The T-6 seems to be flying better now ( don't know what I did ) but I can't figure out how to get rid of the external fuel tanks ??!

I have not had time to try it but on some models with externals - if you set them up with 0 fuel - the tanks will not display. Perhaps it's the same on the T-6.

Vic

Lionheart
August 23rd, 2012, 12:01
Something is real wrong here. I just installed Prepar3D and she is performance wise acting worse then FSX.
Update
What in the world of errors
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
Application Version: 1.4.4747.0
Application Timestamp: 50253a53
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0
Exception Code: e0434352
Exception Offset: 0000d36f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Hey CG,

That looks odd.

You know what I would do is re-download the package. If one of those packets was the wrong size, then you may have a bad download. They should be 3.9, 3.9, and I think 1.8 Gigs each. If they are slightly off, then they are missing data.

Also, did you 'totally' reinstall the package? It could be a legacy issue. You are supposed to delete (or rename) even the My Documents P3 sections when you do a pure, clean install. Make sure you did that also.

Bill

nio
August 23rd, 2012, 12:13
I am d/ling all three now and I am showing d/l sizes of 4.0. 4.0 and 1.9 dead.

best

nio

luckydog
August 23rd, 2012, 12:32
I have not had time to try it but on some models with externals - if you set them up with 0 fuel - the tanks will not display. Perhaps it's the same on the T-6.

Vic

Thanks Vic............that worked !

CG_1976
August 23rd, 2012, 12:44
Hey CG,

That looks odd.

You know what I would do is re-download the package. If one of those packets was the wrong size, then you may have a bad download. They should be 3.9, 3.9, and I think 1.8 Gigs each. If they are slightly off, then they are missing data.

Also, did you 'totally' reinstall the package? It could be a legacy issue. You are supposed to delete (or rename) even the My Documents P3 sections when you do a pure, clean install. Make sure you did that also.

Bill

Hi bill, I did a virgin install as my org install was destroyed on my old computer in the move to San Antonio. Prepar3D has never been on this computer. Checksums matched up. Part 3 although is reading 1.86. The first two read 3.99. Real stange no matter the settings I use Prepar3D goes pure crazy and spikes fly and my ac even looks like a wrecked car in a t-bone lol. this is all default vannilla and virgin on install.

Lionheart
August 23rd, 2012, 13:36
Hi bill, I did a virgin install as my org install was destroyed on my old computer in the move to San Antonio. Prepar3D has never been on this computer. Checksums matched up. Part 3 although is reading 1.86. The first two read 3.99. Real stange no matter the settings I use Prepar3D goes pure crazy and spikes fly and my ac even looks like a wrecked car in a t-bone lol. this is all default vannilla and virgin on install.

Dang.... Document 'everything' and let the team know about this at the forum at P3.

One last thing. Try this. When you go to start the sim, right click on the icon and select 'run as Administrator' and see what happens.

MudMarine
August 23rd, 2012, 17:09
Finally got 1.4 loaded. Now all it does is "Fatal Error" message me and crash! I can't even start to express how PO'd I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckydog
August 23rd, 2012, 17:19
Finally got 1.4 loaded. Now all it does is "Fatal Error" message me and crash! I can't even start to express how PO'd I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mud............that sounds like a "run as administrator" thing.....Installation step 1 - right click set up exec and select "Run as Administrator" from context menu.

Lionheart
August 23rd, 2012, 22:17
Hey Mud............that sounds like a "run as administrator" thing.....Installation step 1 - right click set up exec and select "Run as Administrator" from context menu.

I think LD is right, MM.

Right click on the P3D exe icon and select Run as Administrator

MudMarine
August 24th, 2012, 02:28
It's not there when I right click, I'm set up to run as admin.

n4gix
August 24th, 2012, 09:28
It's not there when I right click, I'm set up to run as admin.
There are two totally separate "Administrator" modes in both Vista and Win7. There is a higher level sometimes called "Super Administrator" which has total access to the system at the root level. You can only get there by issuing a command at a "Command Prompt" level then rebooting.

You don't have a "Properties" selection when right-clicking on the desktop icon? That's where you'll find the option to "Run as Administrator."

MudMarine
August 25th, 2012, 04:39
Done it all, instructions, removal, run admin etc........still crashing! :-(

CG_1976
August 25th, 2012, 10:05
Lionheart here is a perfect thread on what I'm dealing with. Seems I'm not the only one. All my checksums match, so no corruption and I have full rights over W7 period after giving it my custom attitude check:icon_lol:http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1217

MudMarine
August 25th, 2012, 10:44
Glad it just isn't me having issues! They really F'd up a good thing for me! Feels like I'm dealing with FSX all over again!:mad::banghead:

Lionheart
August 25th, 2012, 11:00
Glad it just isn't me having issues! They really F'd up a good thing for me! Feels like I'm dealing with FSX all over again!:mad::banghead:

Its running very good for me.

I loaded it up on the laptop and was running it yesterday on it, and it ran fine on that too. I did have to lower autogen, raise special scenery effects and things, lowered viz distance a bit and it started running like glass. Kept clouds, traffic, etc, all set. In FSX, I had to turn most everything off or to 5%.

On that post, some were not right clicking and going through 'run as Administrator' and one had a bad download. It was 3.99 on the readout, but a check of the actual file with a program showed it was missing files.

Why not give it a try and redownload it. Its a massive download. Maybe something went wrong. I know during my download, number 2 timed out several times. I have dealt with many customers in the payware business that downloaded my product (that they paid good money for) and the wings were wacked, gauges not working sound wouldnt work, and it turned out to be a bad download and reloading it new fixed everything.

Bill

Lionheart
August 25th, 2012, 11:02

Are you sure you havent recycled any files back into the sim? Like settings files, the Prepar3D config file?

Try deleting or hiding the config and restarting, like we would do with the FSX config. It re-sets its brains and goes pure again. See if that helps.

Crusader
August 25th, 2012, 11:39
Its running very good for me.

I loaded it up on the laptop and was running it yesterday on it, and it ran fine on that too. I did have to lower autogen, raise special scenery effects and things, lowered viz distance a bit and it started running like glass. Kept clouds, traffic, etc, all set. In FSX, I had to turn most everything off or to 5%.

On that post, some were not right clicking and going through 'run as Administrator' and one had a bad download. It was 3.99 on the readout, but a check of the actual file with a program showed it was missing files.

Why not give it a try and redownload it. Its a massive download. Maybe something went wrong. I know during my download, number 2 timed out several times. I have dealt with many customers in the payware business that downloaded my product (that they paid good money for) and the wings were wacked, gauges not working sound wouldnt work, and it turned out to be a bad download and reloading it new fixed everything.

Bill

Bill , (and MM)

I just finished loading P3D and all went well , without errors . Just to clarify there are two times (according to installation instructions) to "Run As Administrator" . Right click on Setup.exe during initial installation and right click again on the Prepar3D.exe (inside Prepar3D folder). I believe instructions were specific that both(setup and Prepar3D.exe's) had to be "Ran As Administrator" or these type of errors would occur . Maybe some people are right clicking only one of the two exe's required and not both . Only my meager suggestion (and guess).

Rich

Spent way too much time this afternoon on backing up essential folders from 1.3 and loading up P3D but WELL worth it . May try to start loading a few AC and scenery tomorrow . Really like what I've seen in 1.4 . A big improvement . Congrats to LM !

Lionheart
August 25th, 2012, 14:01
Bill , (and MM)

I just finished loading P3D and all went well , without errors . Just to clarify there are two times (according to installation instructions) to "Run As Administrator" . Right click on Setup.exe during initial installation and right click again on the Prepar3D.exe (inside Prepar3D folder). I believe instructions were specific that both(setup and Prepar3D.exe's) had to be "Ran As Administrator" or these type of errors would occur .

oooooooooooooooooo...... yep.. I remember this. When I was running my installer for Build 1.4, I realized I didnt start the Installer with 'run as Administrator and quickly killed the installation, deleted stuff, and restarted.

That my be why I have no issues.

MudMarine, did you run the 'installer' as Administrator? If not, uninstall and do that now.

Bill

MudMarine
August 26th, 2012, 15:52
Finally got it running! Don't ask me what I did........? All seems well after the 5th install, fingers crossed!

Lionheart
August 26th, 2012, 20:00
Awesome! Glad its running right, MM.

Feels good, eh?

:icon29:

AussieMan
August 29th, 2012, 14:35
Well I have finally downloaded P3D V1.4 but have uninstalled it and gone back to V1.3 as the Australian stuff from ORBX won't port over as there is a problem with the Migrator Tool.

When that is sorted then I will reload V1.4.

Lionheart
August 29th, 2012, 19:58
Sorry about that Pat.

Was it running ok for you to begin with?

I hope they get the migrator tool working again for the new Build.

Bill

AussieMan
August 29th, 2012, 20:14
Bill P3D 1.4 worked great for me but when I ported over the ORBX stuff only the PNW stuff ported over. ORBX are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.