PDA

View Full Version : F-15 X Mig-29 awesome crazy clip

Hanimichal
August 20th, 2012, 02:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3wGSndRUg&

stovall
August 20th, 2012, 07:09
What I want to know is did they let this guy get away? Good video, thanks Hani!

Naismith
August 20th, 2012, 16:09
I wonder, have Mig 29's ever gone up against F-15's for real? Can't think of any specifically.......:icon30:

MenendezDiego
August 20th, 2012, 16:44
USAF F-15C's killed five MiG-29's in the Gulf War.

Brian_Gladden
August 20th, 2012, 17:12
Found this with a google search....

No Mig-29 has ever achieved an air to air kill, in any conflict.

F-15's are 103-0 in air to air combat.

F=15's have shot down:

F-4E's - two
Mig 21 - Thirty eight
Mig 23 - twenty five
Mig 25 - four
Mig 29 - nine
SU-7 - one
SU-22 - four
SU-25 - two
Mirage F1 - eight

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071126205147AATUP3e

Prowler1111
August 20th, 2012, 17:28
Only in video game based minds could a Mig-29 outmaneuver a F-15 like that..heck, out power one?..if it was supposed to be a Su-27/30/35 it would MIGHT be an even match, but if you oversee all that (kind of going to the movies and watch transformers), itīs entertaining...to some extent

best regards

Prowler

Chris Sykes
August 20th, 2012, 23:53
think the director played Hawx before making this?

airattackimages
August 21st, 2012, 11:32
No Mig-29 has ever achieved an air to air kill, in any conflict.

What about unarmed UAVs?

http://youtu.be/F6b35gjZ9cc

:icon_lol:

Although that wasn't a conflict, I guess. Go F-15!

Hanimichal
August 21st, 2012, 12:38
The MiG-29, along with the Sukhoi Su-27, was developed to counter new American fighters such as the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle, and the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon.

And MiG-29 is superior in maneuvering than F-15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o9DKlvDOOs&

PrivateCustard
August 21st, 2012, 13:05
The MiG-29, along with the Sukhoi Su-27, was developed to counter new American fighters such as the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle, and the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon.

And MiG-29 is superior in maneuvering than F-15

*snipped video*

That's the thrust vectored OVT variant. I'm pretty sure those ones are nothing more than airshow queens, testbeds with no combat role.

EDIT: There's no denying the Russians are great at the whole airshow thing though!

stiz
August 21st, 2012, 15:41
That's the thrust vectored OVT variant. I'm pretty sure those ones are nothing more than airshow queens, testbeds with no combat role.

bit like that F22 people rave about .. *runs and hides for cover* :icon_lol:

MenendezDiego
August 21st, 2012, 16:26
bit like that F22 people rave about .. *runs and hides for cover* :icon_lol:

Nothing like dropping a GBU-39 from 50,000 feet at supersonic speeds. We're talking 60 miles standoff distance.

Let's see a MiG-29 do that.

stiz
August 21st, 2012, 17:15
key differences being, F22 will most likely ever ever be used in such a role, and it might kill the pilot before it gets that high. Anyway, argueing about it is pretty pointless :engel016:

BrittMac
August 22nd, 2012, 01:48
think the director played Hawx before making this?

This is the only statement here that makes sense. The video is rubbish and is obviously a trailer for a movie(or some propaganda). That the -29 has some sort of super-manueverability "all of the sudden" at the end of the film is not just ludicrous, but stupid. The OVT does have amazing maneuvering ability, but people need to remember that it is at LOW speeds. Humans generally wouldn't withstand the super-hi G's that would happen if you suddenly reversed your course at several hundred knots or more(I am not talking about ejections, keep those comments to yourself). Why doesn't anyone here see that?

As for the F-22. If you haven't seen that thing do its demo in person, you wouldn't understand the power involved with the manuever's it completes. It is rediculous how much power it throws up there. If you are a Raptor hater, I say you need to see the demo in person before you say you know more than the next guy. You may not know more than the next guy.
I can't wait to see the Eurofighter Demo. I am not a "hater" of any airframe, but I am a realist.
I would very much like to see the SU-30=anything demo in person. However, I cannot afford to travel where all these aircraft do their demo's, but, I wish I could. I do understand that the Raptor and Eurofighter are not the only "superfighters" out there. I just love the internet arguments that happen here and everywhere else.

William Njurmi
August 22nd, 2012, 04:02
Obviously the video is a Korean movie. I would like to buy it with english subtitles. Anyone got a link?

airattackimages
August 25th, 2012, 09:29
Why doesn't anyone here see that?

I'm pretty sure everyone here sees that. Chill. :p

hairyspin
August 25th, 2012, 11:37
The video is rubbish....

I can't wait to see the Eurofighter Demo

Agreed, not a wisp of smoke from the 29's engines and if you've seen one of these flying you'll have seen the huge smoke trails. Cough cough cough!

Do see the Eurofighter if you get the chance. I have and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

jetstreamsky
August 26th, 2012, 13:02
I've seen the standard mig-29 and Suhkoi 27 do their stuff at Farnborough and in the preceding weeks of practice where several maneuvers were banned by the authorities for the show and I can tell you those machines should not be underestimated in nationalistic pride of one type against another, they are indeed truly capable aerodynamic masterpieces, but what really counts is the whole package, machine, pilot, weapons and tactics and for all the tallies to date, that has been an uneven match, hopefully a match never to be seen.

Sascha66
August 26th, 2012, 13:37
They do like their disaster movies - otherwise it is speeded up about 20 times, would be much more fun if one could actually SEE the planes instead of them whizzing about any old way...

Hanimichal
August 26th, 2012, 18:27
I've seen the standard mig-29 and Suhkoi 27 do their stuff at Farnborough and in the preceding weeks of practice where several maneuvers were banned by the authorities for the show and I can tell you those machines should not be underestimated in nationalistic pride of one type against another, they are indeed truly capable aerodynamic masterpieces, but what really counts is the whole package, machine, pilot, weapons and tactics and for all the tallies to date, that has been an uneven match, hopefully a match never to be seen.

I agree

Prowler1111
August 26th, 2012, 21:19
Obviously the video is a Korean movie. I would like to buy it with english subtitles. Anyone got a link?

here you go:

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_R2B_2p__Return_to_Base.php

Prowler