Best regards

The RAZBAM Team

Downloading - Thanks!!! :jump:

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2012, 13:58
Systems features:
* Tactical Navigation Computer
* Detailed and comprehensive navigation instruments
* Detailed representation of the aircraft*s Gunsight.
* Detailed MPCD (Multi Purpose Color Displays) with in-depth functionality.
* Fully operational Radar with A/A and A/G master modes, capable of locking and tracking a target into interception.
* Complete representation of the armament panel, with working armament stations, fuzing, selection, weapon delivery modes , quantity selection in 2 different modes select the amount of ordance to fall per trigger switch, and then again, you can select the amount and make them fall in pairs or single sequences
* Detailed electrical and hydraulic systems and panels
* Detailed fuel panel
* Simulated Oxigen system
* Detailed cockpit and exterior lights
* Accurate weapon loadouts including orndance weight.

Exterior features:
* Highly detailed exterior representation of AV-8B Plus which include:
* Working engine nozzles.
* Working air refueling probe.
* Accurate external loadouts.
* Dropable ordnance in free flight*s with multiple ordnance release options
* Accurate aircraft lights

Accurate and highly detailed paint schemes.

17 Paint Schemes
AV-8B Plus USMC
* VMA-211 "Wake Island Avengers" (previous, current and special scheme)
* VMA-214 "Blacksheeps" (previous and commemorative scheme)
* VMA-223 "Bulldogs" (current scheme)
* VMA-231 "Ace of Spades" (previous and current schemes)
* VMA-311 "Tomcats"(previous and current schemes)
* VMA-513 "Flying Nightmares" (previous and current schemes)
* VMA-542 "Tigers" (previous and current schemes)
AV-8B Plus Armada Española (Spanish Navy)
* 9a. Escuadrilla
AV-8B Plus Marina Militare (Italian Navy)
* 1o. Gruppo Aerei Imbarcati "The Wolves"

MUD Manual in PDF format. The final manual will be delivered with the avionics upgrade.

NOTE: This product version, the Mk-1 will receive an avionics upgrade in a few weeks. The aircraft is fully operational as it is, the upgrade will allow further capabilities and increase realism.

jeansy
August 19th, 2012, 14:28
awesome.....

Barnes
August 19th, 2012, 14:45
Downloading now :jump::jump::jump:

Victory103
August 19th, 2012, 15:06
Awesome, going to be VIFFing tonight!

crashaz
August 19th, 2012, 16:26
Just noted something.... if using the RAZBAM Panel to setup the takeoff VSTOL weight.... in their config panel...section 2.... if you set to VSTOL weight... it sets the weight to around 27000 lbs... takeoff weight for VSTOL must be around 21000+ or less. Empty the aux,wingtip and 2 of the center tanks... should be good to go.

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2012, 16:42
Just noted something.... if using the RAZBAM Panel to setup the takeoff VSTOL weight.... in their config panel...section 2.... if you set to VSTOL weight... it sets the weight to around 27000 lbs... takeoff weight for VSTOL must be around 21000+ or less. Empty the aux,wingtip and 2 of the center tanks... should be good to go.

The aircraft empty weight is around 13,000 pounds. The loadout manager will give you a VTOL fuel load of about 40% wing tanks. Remember that this aircraft balance is everything. The aux and wingtip belong to auxiliary fuel tanks.

MenendezDiego
August 19th, 2012, 17:28
Always been a fan of the AV-8B.

You guys should read the book "A Nightmare's Prayer".

MudMarine
August 19th, 2012, 17:43
Hoping to get my download link tonight...........

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2012, 17:46
If anybody is having download issues please e-mail me at techsupport -at- razbamsims -dot- com

crashaz
August 19th, 2012, 18:22
The aircraft empty weight is around 13,000 pounds. The loadout manager will give you a VTOL fuel load of about 40% wing tanks. Remember that this aircraft balance is everything. The aux and wingtip belong to auxiliary fuel tanks.

Ok will go check it out... Tim and I were playing around with it and I had to get my fuel to around 8000 lbs to VSTOL.
:salute:

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2012, 18:27
Ok will go check it out... Tim and I were playing around with it and I had to get my fuel to around 8000 lbs to VSTOL.

Max weight for vertical take-off is around 21,300 pounds. That means a clean aircraft. Unless you go with almost empty tanks and refuel in air. Sadly, the air refueling system will be enabled in the Mk-2 version. Right now you can deploy the probe but that's about it. In a few weeks we will bring out the avionics upgrade to the Mk-2.

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2012, 18:32
Further on the VTOL. Always face the wind. That's why they put a wind vane in front of you. It works, use it. The aircraft tend to wobble in cross winds. I had one gust tip me over on trials.
If the aircraft refuses to leave the ground, check the weight. If it does not climb to over 500 feet AGL then it is too heavy.

Read the MUD manual.
Set the HUD to the VSTOL mode, it has symbols that will help you, like the inverted V that shows when the thrust is perpendicular to the ground. When it is in line with the aircraft pitch, thrust is exactly at 90º with the ground.

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2012, 18:39
Just a remainder:

Nozzle Control uses the Engine Propeller events:

0º Nozzles = Propeller (High RPM) >> Ctrl+F4
Increase Nozzles angle = Propeller (Decrease RPM quickly) >> Ctrl+F2
Decrease Nozzles angle = Propeller (Increase RPM quickly) >> Ctrl+F3
98.5º Nozzles = Propeller (Low RPM) >> Ctrl+F1

Vertical Take-Off Procedure

1. Select VSTOL HUD Master Mode (Click on the VSTOL Button).
2. Turn ON Flaps System (click on the switch below the FLAPS switch to the ON position).
3. Set FLAPS to STOL (click on the FLAPS switch). The STOL Advisory light will turn on.
4. Line the aircraft against the wind. The wind vane will show the wind direction. NOTE: If you attempt a VTOL in cross wind conditions the aircraft will wobble.
4. Set Nozzle lever until they are at 90º with the ground surface. Note: The aircraft rests at about 5º Pitch Up position so for the nozzles to be at 90º with the ground surface the lever must be at 85º.
5. Activate the Water System if needed. (Click on the H2O switch to the TO position). NOTE: The water system has enough quantity for a total of 90 seconds of continuous use. The MASTER WARNING H2O light will turn on when there is less than 25 seconds of water in the system.
6. Full Throttle.
7. Wait until you reach a high enough altitude (about 600 feet or higher above the ground, NOT MSL) before transitioning to level flight. NOTE: If the aircraft fails to reach 600 feet, it could be overloaded for VTOL operations.
8. The reaction control system will disconnect when the aircraft reaches 100 knots Indicated Air Speed. At that speed there is enough aerodynamic pressure for the surface controls to work.
9. Disconnect the Water System if active.
9. Raise the landing gear.
10. Set Nozzles at 0º.
11. Set FLAPS to AUTO or CRUISE as required.
12. At above 400 Knots, turn the flaps system OFF.

Note on FLAPS:

The AV-8B Plus has an automatic flaps system. The system selects the appropiate flaps setting based on air speed, nozzles position and FLAPS mode.
Over 400 knots it is recommended that the flaps system be turned on, otherwise the aircraft will shake when the flaps continuosly move between the 0 to the next computed position.

The Automatic Flaps logic is as follows:

+-- CRUISE ----------------------- { 5º
|
| +-- Landing Gear UP --- { 0º to 25º based on Air Speed
+-- AUTO --+
| +---- Landing Gear DOWN ----+
FLAPS | +-----------------+
SYSTEM ---+ +-- Airspeed > 165 Knots ---+ |
ON | | +---{ 25º
| | |
| +--+ +-- Nozzles < 25º --+
| | | |
| | +-- Airspeed < 165 Knots ---+
| | |
+-STOL--+ +-- Nozzles > 25º --- { 25º to 62º
|
| +-- Nozzles < 25º --- { 25º
+----- Weight On Wheels -------+
+-- Nozzles > 25º --- { 25º to 62º based on Nozzle angle.

The system sets flaps 0º at 400 Knots IAS.

ZEUS67
August 19th, 2012, 19:28
Some people are having fuel weight problems, because FSX is giving them full tanks when they load the aircraft for the first time. Meah culpa, forgot to include the fuel checker to avoid that problem. It will be solved in the upgrade. To solve the issue, you have to use the load-out manager. Click on the external fuel tank boxes until the "x" appear and then click again on them to make it disappear. That will clear the fuel in the external tanks.

hammer353
August 19th, 2012, 20:27
Thanks for another great plane.
I just have a questions reguarding the effects for the gun. Do you plan on adding tracer rounds to the gun as well as a sound effect for when the gun is being fired?

Mike

Victory103
August 19th, 2012, 20:53
ZEUS67, on what forum would you prefer to list bugs? Just started testing another developers model purchased from a 50% sale when the Harrier went live. Bought/installed, but plan on hitting the deck hard tomorrow testing all the features both ashore and at sea with the AV8. Not testing the sound, still remember these RW at 2 am in OIF doing high power engine turns right next to our medevac ops area!

Barnes
August 19th, 2012, 22:33
Wow - this is Razbam's finest!

jeansy
August 19th, 2012, 23:00
Wow - this is Razbam's finest!

damn, i just bought a quad bike today, will have sit back and admire for now :banghead:

Montie
August 20th, 2012, 01:38
I love it! I have not made a successful V/STOL yet, but it sure is fun:applause:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Montie/FSX/razav8bii.jpg

Barnes
August 20th, 2012, 02:00
damn, i just bought a quad bike today, will have sit back and admire for now :banghead:

That sounds fun

Chris Sykes
August 20th, 2012, 02:43
looks good, just waiting for a Gr7/9 to the same standard! BTW are the rocket pod's useable?

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 05:08
looks good, just waiting for a Gr7/9 to the same standard! BTW are the rocket pod's useable?

You can launch/drop/fire all the weapons

MDIvey
August 20th, 2012, 05:38
Havent had a chance to try this yet but had a little prob with installer I thought I should mention...

You might want to check the installer default path on a Win 7 64bit M/C. First time I tried without checking it seemed to put it something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"... i.e seemed to double up on the path. No biggy... uninstalled and manually chose path which got round it but just in case anyone else experience the same thought I'd report it.

Matt

Txmmy83
August 20th, 2012, 05:55
could someone please post an screenshot of the Italian Navy Paint

thinking of getting the Harrier ASAP (this month or more realistically in September)

best regards,
Thomas

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 06:07
ZEUS67, on what forum would you prefer to list bugs? Just started testing another developers model purchased from a 50% sale when the Harrier went live. Bought/installed, but plan on hitting the deck hard tomorrow testing all the features both ashore and at sea with the AV8. Not testing the sound, still remember these RW at 2 am in OIF doing high power engine turns right next to our medevac ops area!

Hi. Please post your bugs/issues here: http://www.razbamsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=280

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 06:09

The Gr.7/9 will become our Mk-3 so it will be not only to this standard, but it will surpass it.

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 06:30
could someone please post an screenshot of the Italian Navy Paint

thinking of getting the Harrier ASAP (this month or more realistically in September)

best regards,
Thomas

There you go. One Marina Militare Harrier in Aviano.

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 06:31
Havent had a chance to try this yet but had a little prob with installer I thought I should mention...

You might want to check the installer default path on a Win 7 64bit M/C. First time I tried without checking it seemed to put it something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"... i.e seemed to double up on the path. No biggy... uninstalled and manually chose path which got round it but just in case anyone else experience the same thought I'd report it.

Matt

Thanks. I will check.

Txmmy83
August 20th, 2012, 06:53

There you go. One Marina Militare Harrier in Aviano.

thanks for the shot that livery looks great :) I discovered one small error with it (the tail reg. is M.M. 7217 not M7217)
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Italy---Navy/McDonnell-Douglas-AV-8B/2070992/L/&sid=c1200f6b5cb286c7b36b2b76b329666e

but I will get it for sure!

best regards,
Thomas

Chris Sykes
August 20th, 2012, 07:02
The Gr.7/9 will become our Mk-3 so it will be not only to this standard, but it will surpass it.

Hi thanks for your reply, will this be a seperatepurchase/product or a free/paid upgrade to this product?

Thanks for the reply on the rocket pods

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 07:06
Hi thanks for your reply, will this be a seperatepurchase/product or a free/paid upgrade to this product?

Thanks for the reply on the rocket pods

The Gr. 7/9 will be a separate volume in the Harrier series, so it will be a new purchase. The previous volumes (actually just the current one) will be upgraded for free to the same standard.

JAllen
August 20th, 2012, 07:10
Brief flight with conventional take off to 8000'. Moved nozzles slowly and increased power to a hover. Expected to fall out of the sky but nope. Got a slow descent and a wobble here and there. Managed to get back to flying mode without hitting the water. Fun!

Awesome aircraft! Well done everyone at RAZBAM!

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 07:36
Just a heads-up. In order to fire the ordnance you must configure your joystick button #1 to the "Cabin alert - Seat Belts On/Off" event.

hae5904
August 20th, 2012, 07:38
thanks for the shot that livery looks great :) I discovered one small error with it (the tail reg. is M.M. 7217 not M7217)
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Italy---Navy/McDonnell-Douglas-AV-8B/2070992/L/&sid=c1200f6b5cb286c7b36b2b76b329666e

but I will get it for sure!

best regards,
Thomas

:icon_lol: you better look more carefully, though maybe hard to see, it does have the registration M.M. 7217, the first M is hidden in the shadow area :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 07:38
Brief flight with conventional take off to 8000'. Moved nozzles slowly and increased power to a hover. Expected to fall out of the sky but nope. Got a slow descent and a wobble here and there. Managed to get back to flying mode without hitting the water. Fun!

Awesome aircraft! Well done everyone at RAZBAM!

I'm glad that you are enjoying it. Please remember to watch your weight when trying to do VTOL. A too heavy aircraft will not remain aloof for very long.

Txmmy83
August 20th, 2012, 07:53
:icon_lol: you better look more carefully, though maybe hard to see, it does have the registration M.M. 7217, the first M is hidden in the shadow area :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

wow than I have to say this is a perfect representation of an Italian Navy Harrier:applause:

Chris Sykes
August 20th, 2012, 07:56
The Gr. 7/9 will be a separate volume in the Harrier series, so it will be a new purchase. The previous volumes (actually just the current one) will be upgraded for free to the same standard.

Ok thats the answer i was looking for, guess the Gr 7/9 is at the far end of the product line or close to release?

hae5904
August 20th, 2012, 08:02
wow than I have to say this is a perfect representation of an Italian Navy Harrier:applause:

No, I was checking within FSX, you were right Tammy! In fact the M. is there but largely hidden by the elevator mechanism. Will fix that by moving it a bit further forward.
Thank for attending me on that one :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 08:02
Ok thats the answer i was looking for, guess the Gr 7/9 is at the far end of the product line or close to release?

It will be the second volume in the series.

JIMJAM
August 20th, 2012, 08:03
My computers have never liked detailed HUDS or displays. Using the 2 F-15s released in the last year as baselines, how is your performance with the Harrier? Btw I Run Accel/Visa 64.

Barnes
August 20th, 2012, 08:08
Im hoping to do some repaints but cant find the paint kit - has anyone seen one?

hae5904
August 20th, 2012, 08:14
Barnes, it is located in the main FSX folder under RAZBAM, subfolder Paint kit. There you'll find a zip file named RAZBAM HARRIER paintkit. :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

ZEUS67
August 20th, 2012, 08:16
Im hoping to do some repaints but cant find the paint kit - has anyone seen one?

Barnes, it is located in the main FSX folder under RAZBAM, subfolder Paint kit. There you'll find a zip file named RAZBAM HARRIER paintkit. :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

For this installation, it should have been installed in your My Documents folder. There is a RAZBAM folder there, check it out. You also have a RAZBAM Start Menu item, it will show you the short-cuts for both the manual and the paint-kit.

I made the switch because I think it is far easier to navigate into the My Documents folder than go all the way into the FSX main folder. The star menu item will also help you.

Barnes
August 20th, 2012, 08:25
Great thanks :salute:

Barnes
August 20th, 2012, 22:36
Im finding my way around the paint kit and made a start on this one. so much to do..

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1326.jpg

andrea6811
August 21st, 2012, 03:03
No way to load/unload fuel with the fuel loadout manager, also no way to load armament . Ground map cause heavy stutters for me .

Any idea?

Andrea

NB: posted here cause no reply with Razbam mk1 forum bug report registration and it's not possible to reply there.

ZEUS67
August 21st, 2012, 03:23
No way to load/unload fuel with the fuel loadout manager, also no way to load armament . Ground map cause heavy stutters for me .

Any idea?

Andrea

NB: posted here cause no reply with Razbam mk1 forum bug report registration and it's not possible to reply there.

I haven't seen a loadout manager issue in the Mk-1 bug report. It only works when the engine is off and the parking brakes are set. As for the ground map causing FPS issues, that only happens when you use both the map and the radar at the same time. I'm trying to look for a solution but so far I've been unsuccessful. My advice for the time being is don't run both options at the same time.

andrea6811
August 21st, 2012, 04:04
I haven't seen a loadout manager issue in the Mk-1 bug report

Exactly i can't post there. No answer to my registration request. waiting for approvation-

TIA

Andrea

andrea6811
August 21st, 2012, 04:19
It only works when the engine is off and the parking brakes are set.

nope, i'll try to redownload again installer , remove completely and reinstall. ill keep you informed

Chris Sykes
August 21st, 2012, 04:30
It will be the second volume in the series.

So are we looking at near future, soon or far far away?

ZEUS67
August 21st, 2012, 04:33
So are we looking at near future, soon or far far away?

It will be after a while. Neither soon nor that far away. We have other aircraft in the assembly line that will come out before Vol. 2.

JIMJAM
August 21st, 2012, 08:00
You need my D.O.B to purchase the plane? All someone would need then is a name,address, zip and a phone number.............

ZEUS67
August 21st, 2012, 09:35
You need my D.O.B to purchase the plane? All someone would need then is a name,address, zip and a phone number.............

all we require is an e-mail address and a cc, although payments are handled thru paypal.
We are starting to see for other e-commerce solutions that enable us to handle direct cc payments in an entirely secure environment.

Barnes
August 21st, 2012, 11:11
Im beginning to get closer to finnishing this one...

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-495.jpg

noddy
August 21st, 2012, 11:15
Good looking paint.

ZEUS67
August 21st, 2012, 11:24
Im beginning to get closer to finnishing this one...

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-495.jpg

methinks that you will get out of your mind when the Gr7/9 comes out.

Barnes
August 21st, 2012, 11:25
Good looking paint.

thanks Noddy - im struggling a little to see the little detail on the top of the wings from photos i have found so far - but its getting better all the time.

Barnes
August 21st, 2012, 11:26
methinks that you will get out of your mind when the Gr7/9 comes out.

I will! That will be brilliant. :jump:

JIMJAM
August 21st, 2012, 11:54
Sorry but FSX just does not do VTOL. I have bought every Harrier from pre fs9 to now and it still just feels cheap and gimmacy.
The transition betreen flight modes is about as abrupt as hitting a brick wall. When gradually feeding in some nozzle it was common for me to go from 130+mph to zero instantly. I then attempted a few stol approaches. Slowing the plane down and gradually feeding in some down nozzle for a low speed landing but over and over again that abrupt transition happens. There is no smooth handling and feeling of sure control. Just comical abrupt jumps betreen forward flight and whatever the other is supposed to be. Vtol? The engine sounds do not even match up with the throttle/power settings which further ruin the believability. Maybe I loaded the fuel wrong,40% across but with little or no documentation its guess work.

It sure is a great looking plane and one of if not the best vpit Raz has done. But imo the Harriers Vtol capabilties still have not been replicated in FSX. I understand from reading countless post the difficulties,limitations of FSX ect ect. But even with my great imagination and abilty to suspend reality, every Harrier I have bought dissapoints me.
Future patches,upgrades,nice repaints are all fine but getting the flight model right or at least beleivable should have been the first priority and if it cannot be done then I wish Harriers would not even be released.
Not angry or upset just let down that VTOl still cannot be done with any believabilty or level of control.

ZEUS67
August 21st, 2012, 12:45
The brick wall thing is a leftover from the development time that somehow got included in the final version. It will get fixed.

As for the other, basically yes. You are right. Vectorial Thrust is not possible natively in FSX. What I and others have managed is to provide a measure of the way how vectorial thrust work. It is hard work trying to even get something to behave as if the thrust angle was changing. I believe that I have succeeded in providing that feel for whatever amounts of reality, I'm sorry if you don't feel that way.

JIMJAM
August 21st, 2012, 12:58
Its a wonderful aircraft and a nice piece of work. They were fairly common in this area and I use to be shadowed by them when I flew down around KNBC Beaufort. Again the above is not meant to be a slam against the hard work,time and effort put into the addon but more of MY frustration. Almost the entire draw to the Harrier is its VTOL capabilites. Otherwise its just another a funny looking loud jet. Getting that vtol/stol within the confines of FSX is one of of the holy grails and I guess my expectations are unrealistic. Look forward to future updates.
BTW- What are the suggested fuel loads for each tanks in the FSX payload screen for a proper CG and within weight and blance for VTOL?

ZEUS67
August 21st, 2012, 13:23
I understand your feelings. It took me three months of hard works and frustration to get at this solution. At first I though that although not easy, it would be possible to get true vectorial thrust. Unfortunately FSX lacks the means to provide me with the information that I need. The flight model engine cannot support vectorial thrust and that's that. I like Prepar3D in that regard, since it allows me to include my own FME and supersede the simulator's own.

As long as you keep the weight below 21,300 you can do vertical take-offs. I suggest going up with 20% wing tanks if you want to carry some ordnance. Use the loadout manager, it will advise you if the weight is too much for VTOL.
The brick wall will get fixed so you can do rolling jumps.

bruce448
August 21st, 2012, 13:30
I understand your feelings. It took me three months of hard works and frustration to get at this solution. At first I though that although not easy, it would be possible to get true vectorial thrust. Unfortunately FSX lacks the means to provide me with the information that I need. The flight model engine cannot support vectorial thrust and that's that. I like Prepar3D in that regard, since it allows me to include my own FME and supersede the simulator's own.

As long as you keep the weight below 21,300 you can do vertical take-offs. I suggest going up with 20% wing tanks if you want to carry some ordnance. Use the loadout manager, it will advise you if the weight is too much for VTOL.
The brick wall will get fixed so you can do rolling jumps.

Sorry Larry I'm gonna jump on this one

Max VTO weight= 20,755 lbs

minus

Empty weight= 13,968 lbs

equals

expendables weight= 6,787 lbs
(ie fuel/weapons/pilot)

http://s19.postimage.org/lmelx7kz7/av8bpc20033.jpg

The numbers given at the top are for a -408 engine that has roughly an extra 2000lbf

so depending which engine is fitted max VTo lbs for the -406 is roughly 19,500lbs and 5,532lbs of expendibles.

Bruce

Damien
August 21st, 2012, 14:14
I haven't seen a loadout manager issue in the Mk-1 bug report. It only works when the engine is off and the parking brakes are set. As for the ground map causing FPS issues, that only happens when you use both the map and the radar at the same time. I'm trying to look for a solution but so far I've been unsuccessful. My advice for the time being is don't run both options at the same time.

I've been having problems with the loadout manager as well. I've already posted the bug to the forum. The post has been acknowledged by Zeus himself.

-Damien

ZEUS67
August 21st, 2012, 14:39
Sorry Larry I'm gonna jump on this one

Max VTO weight= 20,755 lbs

minus

Empty weight= 13,968 lbs

equals

expendables weight= 6,787 lbs
(ie fuel/weapons/pilot)

http://s19.postimage.org/lmelx7kz7/av8bpc20033.jpg

The numbers given at the top are for a -408 engine that has roughly an extra 2000lbf

so depending which engine is fitted max VTo lbs for the -406 is roughly 19,500lbs and 5,532lbs of expendibles.

Bruce

I don't have that manual. I have the A1-AV8BB-NFM-000, that one is the A1-AV8BB-NFM-400. So, you got me there. LOL. I can't find in my notes where I got that figure. Don't worry it will be corrected for the Mk-2.

hammer353
August 21st, 2012, 22:13
I know she has only been out for a few days, but i was wondering if anybody as added a2a's shockwave lights yet?

Mike

Barnes
August 21st, 2012, 23:52
Please download this repaint from here..
https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/PLh-AOwuEeG6whICOBql1A/Razbam%20AV8B%20Harrier%20repaint%20%20RAF.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-747.jpg

Warhawk1130
August 22nd, 2012, 01:01
Nice!!

MDIvey
August 22nd, 2012, 05:22
Hi..

this is a very nice model. The Artwork is particularly outstanding. Managed to do a bit of VTOL and STOL flying once I figured out that some of the stations had fuel that I hadnt realised... flies like a brick when she's heavy.

Have a few problems with some of the effects. If I understand the manual the A-A missiles should launch when the Seat Belt Alerts functions is set to Joystick button 01 and you press it... not happening. Also the Gun does not fire when you press numeric key 1 (assume thats what you mean by #1). Am I understanding correctly how theses effects operate? If so they are not working for me. Its not a big thing... blowing stuff up is not what FSX is about for me but I do enjoy the pyro technics and its a convenient way of loosing weight for landing so if you can help me fix this great. I think its installed ok because the module is registered in the DLL.xml and the adding of stores results in them appearing visually and the weights are updated?

KR Matt

ZEUS67
August 22nd, 2012, 06:42
Hi..

this is a very nice model. The Artwork is particularly outstanding. Managed to do a bit of VTOL and STOL flying once I figured out that some of the stations had fuel that I hadnt realised... flies like a brick when she's heavy.

Have a few problems with some of the effects. If I understand the manual the A-A missiles should launch when the Seat Belt Alerts functions is set to Joystick button 01 and you press it... not happening. Also the Gun does not fire when you press numeric key 1 (assume thats what you mean by #1). Am I understanding correctly how theses effects operate? If so they are not working for me. Its not a big thing... blowing stuff up is not what FSX is about for me but I do enjoy the pyro technics and its a convenient way of loosing weight for landing so if you can help me fix this great. I think its installed ok because the module is registered in the DLL.xml and the adding of stores results in them appearing visually and the weights are updated?

KR Matt

Hi,

The Joystick button #1 must be set to the Seat Belt Alert event. The gun fires whenever you press the #1 button in the joystick. But for any of those to work, you must first select the appropriate weapon. All AA weapons are selected by HOTAS, that is by keyboard. Check the manual, for a list of the relevant events/defaul keyboard assignations.

For the Gun you must click "J"
For AIM-9Ls on boresight mode, it is "K"
For AIM-9Ls on radar sight mode, it is "O"
For AIM-120As it is "Ctrl+U"

When you select any AA weapons, the entire system is placed in AA mode, including the radar. Also in AA mode, the weapons are hot all the time.

I'll make a few HOW-TOs and put them in the forum during the day.

MDIvey
August 22nd, 2012, 06:59
Thanks for the info. I'm sure that there was a good technical reason for it but I wish you had not used button 1 as on my Joystick its the trigger and is very convenient for braking:icon_lol: I may have to re-think my Joystick layout as braking using the keyboard "." is difficult while trying to stear at the same time.

KR Matt

MDIvey
August 22nd, 2012, 07:21
I think the How to's will be most useful.

KR Matt

Barnes
August 22nd, 2012, 07:28
Yes - i always use trigger for brakes.

I cant take FSX seriously for weapons. I shoot at stuff in other sims

ZEUS67
August 22nd, 2012, 08:22
Thanks for the info. I'm sure that there was a good technical reason for it but I wish you had not used button 1 as on my Joystick its the trigger and is very convenient for braking:icon_lol: I may have to re-think my Joystick layout as braking using the keyboard "." is difficult while trying to stear at the same time.

KR Matt

You don't need the Button 1 for releasing bombs/firing rockets and/or missiles. Those are controled by the seat belt light event. Only the GAU-12 "reads" directly if the button was pressed no matter what event has been configured to it. Hence the GAU-12 can only be fired by a joystick. You can use another keyboard/joystick button for the seat belts lights and leave the button #1 for the brakes, only keep in mind that if you have selected the cannon it will fire every time you press it. Even if you are actually applying brakes. So be careful and make sure that the cannon is not selected while on the ground.

ZEUS67
August 22nd, 2012, 08:25
Yes - i always use trigger for brakes.

I cant take FSX seriously for weapons. I shoot at stuff in other sims

I understand, and that's why we don't make guided weapons. But this is a military aircraft and I don't like to take-off with all that ordnance and then land with the same ordnance on the wings. So you can release the ordnance, shoot at whatever you want to and return to base with an empty and lighter aircraft.

MDIvey
August 22nd, 2012, 08:42
Thanks for clarifying that about the Joystick Button... thats good news.

KR Matt

Prowler1111
August 22nd, 2012, 09:44
Please download this repaint from here..
https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/PLh-AOwuEeG6whICOBql1A/Razbam%20AV8B%20Harrier%20repaint%20%20RAF.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-747.jpg

I´m going to give you a surprise using that very scheme..shortly..:icon_lol:

Prowler

Barnes
August 22nd, 2012, 10:05
I love surprizes!

ZEUS67
August 22nd, 2012, 18:36
Just a heads up:
Currently fixed bugs:

- "Brick Wall": Fixed.
- Hidden Fuel: Fixed. The Fuel Checker is now active. Now if there is fuel in the assigned external tanks, the tanks will become visible and any ordnance in those stations will be overridden.
- Speed Break cannot be activated from inside the VC: Fixed.
- Water System is not active: Fixed.
- Rockets from Station 6 do not fire: Fixed.

We are checking the "bitching Betty" logic to get rid of those annoying sounds.
Other bugs/issues will be solved in due time.

Dain Arns
August 22nd, 2012, 21:14
Just a heads up:
Currently fixed bugs:

- "Brick Wall": Fixed.
- Hidden Fuel: Fixed. The Fuel Checker is now active. Now if there is fuel in the assigned external tanks, the tanks will become visible and any ordnance in those stations will be overridden.
- Speed Break cannot be activated from inside the VC: Fixed.
- Water System is not active: Fixed.
- Rockets from Station 6 do not fire: Fixed.

We are checking the "bitching Betty" logic to get rid of those annoying sounds.
Other bugs/issues will be solved in due time.

I registered over at the RAZBAM forums, again, haven't been approved yet, again.
Just going to post this info here because its late, I'm tired, and going to bed, and I have important stuff to do tomorrow morning.

Add this to the list:

- Throttle not linking to peripheral devices.
Have a Logitech G940 that the throttle in the Harrier is not reading at all.
No, its not a problem with my gear, yes its calibrated, it works just great with all other aircraft in the FSX Hangar.
I can use the mouse to move the throttle in the VC, but I own a G940 to do that instead.

- Weapon Loadout Screen not working at all.
Went through the MUD manual, 5 times, watched the YouTube video twice, nothing.
All of the 'fields' on the Weapons Loadout Screen are unclickable.
Nada. Nothing at all.

- MFD Screens not displaying.
Has been mentioned over at your forums I think, except I can get the RADAR, Stores, and Engine Data to work.
That's all.

EDIT: Using Windows 7 Home Premium, FSX Acceleration

Otherwise, not bad. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when its finished.
Disappointed at the state it is currently in, and lack of a complete manual however. :salute:

Barnes
August 22nd, 2012, 22:33
I registered over at the RAZBAM forums, again, haven't been approved yet, again.

Same here - was hoping to give them my repaint but im not a member yet after 24 hours of waiting

wapanomi
August 22nd, 2012, 23:13
They've somme difficulties with spam, so it takes times, indeed, but it comes.

@ Dain, for the loadout manager, don't forget it works with engine completely off and parking brake set, I think. But I've a friend that has the problem, and it came from his installation : the DLL "RZAV8BCM.dll" was not in the add-on module of FSX. A reinstall (of the plane) solves the issue.

seawing
August 22nd, 2012, 23:54
They've somme difficulties with spam, so it takes times, indeed, but it comes.

@ Dain, for the loadout manager, don't forget it works with engine completely off and parking brake set, I think. But I've a friend that has the problem, and it came from his installation : the DLL "RZAV8BCM.dll" was not in the add-on module of FSX. A reinstall (of the plane) solves the issue.

Mind you, folks, the engine has to be stopped, the aircraft on the ground, the parking brake set and the battery switch in the cockpit must be ON for the loadout manager to handle stores etc.!
Also, as mentioned, check that the module is entered in the dll.xml file (might be done only for the administrator by the installer) and I had to copy it to the normal \FSX\modules folder, as it was not recognized in the \addon modules\ folder although the file path pointed in the right direction.

Good luck!

Seawing

MDIvey
August 23rd, 2012, 01:51
@Zeus Thanks for the assist , all working ok now. The keyboard shortcuts and figuring out how to get the HUD working properly helped. Another question has come to mind though... Is there a quick way to eject the underwing tanks when fitted?

@Ron... I dont suppose when you come to do the British Harriers you fancy including the GR5... the one with the nose that looks like it had a snow plow fitted :icon_lol: Also wondered if you plan to do the AV8B before it became the radar equipped II plus?

KR Matt

ZEUS67
August 23rd, 2012, 04:45
Same here - was hoping to give them my repaint but im not a member yet after 24 hours of waiting

Account activated.

ZEUS67
August 23rd, 2012, 04:51
@Zeus Thanks for the assist , all working ok now. The keyboard shortcuts and figuring out how to get the HUD working properly helped. Another question has come to mind though... Is there a quick way to eject the underwing tanks when fitted?
It should. I'll check. This aircraft has a ton of functions and I wasn't able to check them all before release.

@Ron... I dont suppose when you come to do the British Harriers you fancy including the GR5... the one with the nose that looks like it had a snow plow fitted :icon_lol: Also wondered if you plan to do the AV8B before it became the radar equipped II plus?

KR Matt

We are trying to set a Vol 2 release date. Hopefully, it will be this year. As for your request. I'll let Ron reply that one.

wapanomi
August 23rd, 2012, 05:54
That would be great, of course ! A GR7 in Arctic Camouflage is one of the most outstanding planes I've ever seen...

Picture by Neil Dundridge, on : http://www.pixstel.com/arctic-colour-harrier-gr7_urlt10573.php?id=

------------------

Btw, as we're speaking about the future, is there news about a release of the Principe De Asturias ? You annouced it sometimes ago, and even a price, that I'm ready to pay to have this nice platform under your AV-8B...

Dain Arns
August 23rd, 2012, 12:59
Still haven't gotten activated over at the RAZBAM forums, so I'll just keep posting here until then...
EDIT: Got an email I was approved but still will not let me post.

Got the Loadout Manager to work on the suggestion to copy the .dll to the 'Modules' folder instead.
Instantly worked after doing that.

Any peripheral throttle I have is NOT working with the Harrier.
These throttles work just fine for ALL other FSX aircraft that I own.
Doesn't make sense either, as the axis I have assigned for Props on the Throttle Peripheral, moves the Nozzles on the Harrier just fine.
No, re-assigning the throttle to another axis does not work, except...
NOTE: The hatswitch on the Joystick seems to be able to be recognized as a throttle as far as the Harrier is concerned, but this isn't really viable as it resets itself to the middle obviously.
Guessing there is an issue with the programming in the module???
I still love this project overall, but hope this Throttle issue gets addressed soon.

JIMJAM
August 23rd, 2012, 13:18
I have hangered my Harrier until some patches are released. Searching the forums and saw alot of wierd issues but none related to the joystick. When I turn on the left mfd I hear a apu sound and the map does not work for example. I had to manually install each folder to their proper places so if I were you I would carefully reinstall and reboot.
I am using a Saitek X52 stock/throttle/rudder pedals with the slider on the throttle for prop pitch/rpm and have no issues with either throttle or the nozzles.
Btw- What joystick/hotas are you using?

Dain Arns
August 23rd, 2012, 13:56
I have hangered my Harrier until some patches are released. Searching the forums and saw alot of wierd issues but none related to the joystick. When I turn on the left mfd I hear a apu sound and the map does not work for example. I had to manually install each folder to their proper places so if I were you I would carefully reinstall and reboot.
I am using a Saitek X52 stock/throttle/rudder pedals with the slider on the throttle for prop pitch/rpm and have no issues with either throttle or the nozzles.

Logitech G940, latest hardware/firmware/drivers.
Yeah, it makes no sense, I've never had an issue with the throttle with any other add on, it's axis are mapped in FSX as you would any other peripheral.
Plus the Prop axis is working fine as I said back a page.
EDIT: Yes, I do have FSUIPC installed, as some other addons require it, but as the unregistered version usage only.

I have already reinstalled, and uninstalled and reinstalled, thanks.

ZEUS67
August 23rd, 2012, 15:23
Folks, the first HOW-TO is available in the forums. These will help you until the manual is finished. You can find them at: http://www.razbamsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=284

ZEUS67
August 23rd, 2012, 15:26
Logitech G940, latest hardware/firmware/drivers.
Yeah, it makes no sense, I've never had an issue with the throttle with any other add on, it's axis are mapped in FSX as you would any other peripheral.
Plus the Prop axis is working fine as I said back a page.
EDIT: Yes, I do have FSUIPC installed, as some other addons require it, but as the unregistered version usage only.

I have already reinstalled, and uninstalled and reinstalled, thanks.

Your account is active in the forums. As for the problem, can you tell me how the throttles are mapped?

ZEUS67
August 23rd, 2012, 15:26

We are solving the sound issues. Soon you will be able to enjoy the aircraft in full.

Barnes
August 24th, 2012, 00:00
I hate doing camo repaints - I still have a few things to tidy.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-374.jpg

UKMIL
August 24th, 2012, 00:37
@Zeus Thanks for the assist , all working ok now. The keyboard shortcuts and figuring out how to get the HUD working properly helped. Another question has come to mind though... Is there a quick way to eject the underwing tanks when fitted?@Ron... I dont suppose when you come to do the British Harriers you fancy including the GR5... the one with the nose that looks like it had a snow plow fitted :icon_lol: Also wondered if you plan to do the AV8B before it became the radar equipped II plus?KR MattObviously, until they do them, we already have already released both the Gr5 and the camo GR7 for use in FSx

wapanomi
August 24th, 2012, 01:16
I hate doing camo repaints - I still have a few things to tidy.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-374.jpg

Very nice !!

seawing
August 24th, 2012, 01:40
Btw, as we're speaking about the future, is there news about a release of the Principe De Asturias ? You annouced it sometimes ago, and even a price, that I'm ready to pay to have this nice platform under your AV-8B...

I would second that question! The screenshots looked very promissing. It would be a nice deck to fly from.

Seawing

Barnes
August 24th, 2012, 09:10
Please download this repaint from here

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/ftS-3O4OEeG0RhICPRQ27A/Razbam%20AV8B%20Harrier%20repaint%20RAF%20Artic.zi p

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1837.jpg

fallenphoenix1986
August 24th, 2012, 09:16
Any chance of an FAA scheme, as far as I'm aware there arn't plans for the FRS.1 or F/A2.... hope i'm wrong on that though :)

Craig

hammer353
August 24th, 2012, 20:46
I don't know is this minor issue was mentioned yet, so im going to mention it aways. There seems to be an issue with reguards to the landing light still illuminating the ground when the gear is up.

Prowler1111
August 24th, 2012, 21:20
Most likely, you put the gear up, but the landing lights switch is still on, we´ll fix it in the coming patch, thanks for the heads up

Prowler

Barnes
August 24th, 2012, 21:31
Just messing about I came up with this ficticious paint - does anyone want it berfore i delete it from my PC?

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/ficticiousRAF.jpg

Prowler1111
August 24th, 2012, 21:44
Hey keep it up!,love it

Prowler

Barnes
August 24th, 2012, 23:23
Working on this one

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1446.jpg

IanHenry
August 24th, 2012, 23:46
I'm having some difficulties with the Harrier. I was hoping to post my problems on the RAZBAM forum, but have been informed that my account is "inactive", and I can't see a contact address.<o:p></o:p>
I am also having the problem with the aircraft not recognizing the throttle of my Thrustmaster Warthog joystick, and I am also not able to turn on the HUD (am I missing something?). The Harrier looks great, but so far I haven't been able to get it of the ground, which is a little bit frustrating after anticipating it for so long!

Regards,
Ian.

IanHenry
August 25th, 2012, 00:30
O.k., I've found the answer to both the HUD and the throttle problem. The HUD was my fault (I hadn't noticed the off setting on the brightness control!) <o:p></o:p>
The solution to the throttle lies in FSUIPC, and is caused by having a duel throttle set up.<o:p></o:p>
What you need to do is go into FSUIPC's axis assignment, set aircraft specific and "axis throttle set", not "axis throttle set 1 or 2" like you might have used normally.<o:p></o:p>
It seems that with the Harrier you can't assume that throttle 1 will work your single engine!<o:p></o:p>
I hope this helps others with this problem.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

wapanomi
August 25th, 2012, 01:42
Working on this one

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1446.jpg

When I saw you question about the fictitious paint, I thinj to suggest to go with this one !
Very good idea ! Not enough time to test your paints till now, but it will come, with priority on the arctic, of course.
And the screens look great !

Congratulations for the speed you mastered the paintkit !

Barnes
August 25th, 2012, 05:19
Please download this repaint from here.............

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/T7O6lu63EeGp1BICOASQIQ/Razbam%20AV8B%20Harrier%20VMA%20513%20camo.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1894.jpg

Stickshaker
August 25th, 2012, 07:32
Please download this repaint from here.............

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/T7O6lu63EeGp1BICOASQIQ/Razbam%20AV8B%20Harrier%20VMA%20513%20camo.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1894.jpg

Hello Barnes,<o:p></o:p>
Your paint looks very attractive, but when I go to the download page a lot of the content seems missing (I only see text, no background etc.), and when I click the Download text I get the message that the page cannot be displayed. Am I doing something wrong?

Barnes
August 25th, 2012, 07:36
Hi

I just tried the link and it downloaded with no problem.

I have also uploaded all my paints to the SOH libary so you could get it from there if its still problem

Dain Arns
August 25th, 2012, 08:07
O.k., I've found the answer to both the HUD and the throttle problem. The HUD was my fault (I hadn't noticed the off setting on the brightness control!) <o:p></o:p>
The solution to the throttle lies in FSUIPC, and is caused by having a duel throttle set up.<o:p></o:p>
What you need to do is go into FSUIPC's axis assignment, set aircraft specific and "axis throttle set", not "axis throttle set 1 or 2" like you might have used normally.<o:p></o:p>
It seems that with the Harrier you can't assume that throttle 1 will work your single engine!<o:p></o:p>
I hope this helps others with this problem.<o:p></o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

Sorry, won't help here as I don't have a full version of FSUIPC.
Actually found my throttle will advance from 66% to around 71%, but as soon as I reach the halfway point in the axis it acts like it reverses and goes back to 66% at full.
EDIT: This actually occurs with any axis I try to assign for the throttle.
Also the throttle animation is not connected at all to any throttle movement.

To Zeus.
As I said earlier, my throttles are mapped to engine throttles via the axis for throttles on the throttle peripheral. :icon_lol:

IanHenry
August 25th, 2012, 09:04
Actually found my throttle will advance from 66% to around 71%, but as soon as I reach the halfway point in the axis it acts like it reverses and goes back to 66% at full.

To Zeus.
As I said earlier, my throttles are mapped to engine throttles via the axis for throttles on the throttle peripheral. :icon_lol:

I'm no expert,and I'm assuming that you have set your controls via FSX's control options. The first thing that I would look at is how you set your throttles in the axis panel, if you have one of your joystick throttles set to engine one, and the other set to engine two (which is the logical way to do it), try setting one of your (joystick) throttles to plain old throttle.<o:p></o:p>
Next have a look at your sensativity and null zone settings, then finaliy re check the calibration for your joystick.<o:p></o:p>
Good luck,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

ZEUS67
August 25th, 2012, 09:28

To Zeus.

Just arrived. The VTOL module needs that you use the general (all engines) Throttle axis, instead of a specific one. You can do this either via FSUIPC or by using FSX's control settings, which is the one that I use.

hammer353
August 25th, 2012, 11:02
Barnes can do some high vis marine corp repaints?

Mike

Dain Arns
August 25th, 2012, 12:10
Just arrived. The VTOL module needs that you use the general (all engines) Throttle axis, instead of a specific one. You can do this either via FSUIPC or by using FSX's control settings, which is the one that I use.

After years of using multiple throttles, you miss the obvious sometimes, I guess. :blind:

ZEUS67
August 25th, 2012, 14:17
After years of using multiple throttles, you miss the obvious sometimes, I guess. :blind:

Don't feel like the lone ranger, been there, done that, banged my head in the desk and later kicked myself in the butt.

Damien
August 25th, 2012, 19:45
Oddly, I have my throttles set up in FSUIPC.. as Axis throttle 1 and Axis throttle 2. Throttle 2 seems to be what is controlling the aircraft throttle.

-Damien

Prowler1111
August 25th, 2012, 19:55
Time for some bug fix announcements:
Brick Wall bug killed, it was a stupid snafu from us, it was a development tool that went into the release version (this fixes the excess bank non-stall issue as well)
"robotic" feel, killed as well, a side effect of "brick wall" bug (which, lol, happened to be a tool! :D )
Pitch issue, fixed, yeah..you guessed, "Brick Wall"(<--gona name that one bug of the year)
Sounds issue, engine spooling down sound when transitioning and/or in VTOL mode, this one was a snafu made by ME during product compilation, as well as the cockpit sounds, all of these are fixed BUT we´ll upgrade the sound package once Inny gets his done and ready (yeah you´ll need to redownload the whole product once again).
Water and fuel issue, fixed as well as the loadout manager bug
Landing lights visible when gear is up, fixed
We are including a new feature, which is the NVG´s, will be a hotas feature
see-thru bug in the exterior model (wing meets the fuselage) issue fixed
HUD bug, working on it at the moment.

Patch delivery date, between Sunday night and Monday night, it´s a complete re-build
Thanks for your patience

Best regards

Prowler

JIMJAM
August 25th, 2012, 20:10
Sounds great but no need to rush it.

Btw- I think this is my first Razbam order directly from you. How do I get a download link when the new Harrier version is released?

ZEUS67
August 25th, 2012, 20:56
Sounds great but no need to rush it.

Btw- I think this is my first Razbam order directly from you. How do I get a download link when the new Harrier version is released?

We will replace the installer with a new one, then we will reset all download counts. You only have to use the same download link.

Barnes
August 25th, 2012, 21:42
Well done guys - a great product backed by great customer service - thanks

Here is another repaint - please download from here...
https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/JEhIe-9OEeGo2RICOA-R7w/Razbam%20AV8B%20Harrier%20repaint%20VMA%20231%20gr een%20camo.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-325.jpg

ZEUS67
August 26th, 2012, 05:19
Folks, I just remembered that some one claimed that he can't use the MPDs. All devices in the aircraft: HUD, UFC/ODU, MPDs, RADIO, must be turned ON before use.

HUD & UFC/ODU: Click on their respective BRT button. The mouse wheel works as well.
MPDs: On the Left Upper Corner, you can find the PWR button, click on it. Note: The right MPD left buttons column is blocked by the Warning Lights Panel. Click on the bottom light in the Caution Light Panel, that is on the right of the UFC to unblock it. The left MPD right buttons column can be unblocked by clicking on the light before the bottom one.
The Lights will reappear when: you click a button in the blocked row, or there is a caution/warning light turning on. When there is a caution/warning light on, you cannot unblock the affected column.
RADIO: Click/use the mouse wheel, on the MODE Knob, which is the one in the left bottom, until the selected radio frequency appear in the screen.

bruce448
August 26th, 2012, 09:53
With the latest fix, I have managed to do a complete 40kt 600ft circuit of Yeovilton, the super speed stop at 98 degrees of nozzle has gone, long live the speed stop.

Bruce

ZEUS67
August 26th, 2012, 10:26
Just a heads-up. Bruce is acting as one of our beta testers. We sent him the corrections made so he can certify that the bugs are indeed squashed into a bloody pulp.

newcomer
August 26th, 2012, 11:38
Just a heads-up. Bruce is acting as one of our beta testers. We sent him the corrections made so he can certify that the bugs are indeed squashed into a bloody pulp.

Hopefully he does better than Arnie ....:pop4::icon_lol: (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?70082-RAZBAM-AV-8-plus-harrier, post #10)

Barnes
August 26th, 2012, 11:50
go for it Bruce :salute:

bruce448
August 26th, 2012, 11:56
Hopefully he does better than Arnie ....:pop4::icon_lol: (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?70082-RAZBAM-AV-8-plus-harrier, post #10)

Definitely better that Arnie, I know I suck at politics, not diplomatic enough, but like him I don't speak English (Scottish not Austrian though).

Bruce

bruce448
August 26th, 2012, 21:58
http://s19.postimage.org/9yxxc1vjn/2012_8_27_1_44_13_934.png (http://postimage.org/image/74uryltdb/full/)

http://s19.postimage.org/xr78nkxkj/2012_8_27_1_44_35_877.png (http://postimage.org/image/4c1kekt0v/full/)

http://s19.postimage.org/9bz0miynn/2012_8_27_1_44_53_864.png (http://postimage.org/image/f05bdf2zz/full/)

http://s19.postimage.org/7lfzl1h4j/2012_8_27_1_45_7_874.png (http://postimage.org/image/x48by20of/full/)

couple of quickies

hae5904
August 27th, 2012, 04:43
Very nice Bruce !! :jump:

Hank

Barnes
August 27th, 2012, 07:33
Please download what will probably be my final AV8B repaint from the SOH Libary. EDit - I have made a correction to the file as it should be VMA 513 not 515 as in this screenshot. The updated file is now available to download from the library.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-2103.jpg

Stickshaker
August 27th, 2012, 08:24
Hi

I just tried the link and it downloaded with no problem.

I have also uploaded all my paints to the SOH libary so you could get it from there if its still problem

The SOH-link works fine., Barnes. Thanks!

Barnes
August 28th, 2012, 04:57
Here is one last one - it was an easy one! Available soon from the Sim Outhouse libary

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-2357.jpg

JIMJAM
August 28th, 2012, 06:43
I never request paints but this one would be cool and I imagine fairly easy.

A flat black,stealth looking paint.I have the Lotus L-39 and he added a civilian black paint that I love. Speaking of love..... I love the "black jets" Sr-71,U2, ect and enjoy flying around Edwards,up to Area-51.
So Ive always thought a non gloss black,stealth Harrier maybe with low vis markings would be a super cool,evil looking plane.
You would also probably be the first to do it .

Barnes
August 28th, 2012, 09:04
I never request paints but this one would be cool and I imagine fairly easy.

A flat black,stealth looking paint.I have the Lotus L-39 and he added a civilian black paint that I love. Speaking of love..... I love the "black jets" Sr-71,U2, ect and enjoy flying around Edwards,up to Area-51.
So Ive always thought a non gloss black,stealth Harrier maybe with low vis markings would be a super cool,evil looking plane.
You would also probably be the first to do it .

Hi JimJam

Sorry but im done with painting this one - I hope that someone else starts doing some and may take up your idea.

Apologies

MDIvey
August 28th, 2012, 13:11
Please Let us know when the update is ready to download

KR Matt

ZEUS67
August 28th, 2012, 16:11
Folks,
We have tested the patch and feel confident that most, if not all, reported bugs have been squashed:

- "Brick Wall" definetively squashed.
- Bank problem, part of the brick wall; fixed.
- "Robot-like" movement while on VTOL (not universal, pc dependent): fixed.
- Sound misconfiguration: Fixed. But the sound package itself will be improved in the upgrade.
- HUD: fixed horizon line and added specific reticles for rockets and AGMs.
- HUD: FPM indicator fixed.
- Mesh snafus that have been identified are fixed.
- Missing rocket pods: fixed.
- Armament Loadout Worksheet: fixed.
- MPCD: Added a partial HUD page, now you can switch between TRUE and MAG heading. TRUE remains the default.
- MAP FPS hit: fixed.
- Landing Lights ON when LG is up: fixed.
- R FUEL light coming on early: fixed.
- Speed Brake not working in the VC: fixed.
- Water System: fixed.
- Altimeter Not marking 10K feet height: fixed.
- Hidden Fuel; fixed. If there is any fuel in a tank that belongs to an external one, the tank will be displayed overriding any armament already installed.
- The engine have been depowered: New weight limit for VTOL is 20,600.
- Explosions effects missing textures: fixed.

Regarding fuel consumption:
We have a disconnect here between how the real aircraft uses fuel and how fsx determines fuel must be used. Trying to get fsx to use fuel as per the real aircraft is doable but puts another fault point in the logic to an already overwatched aircraft, so I didn't.
Fuel consumption in this aircraft as per FSX rule follows the following order:
Outboard Externals L & R (FSX External 1 & 2)
Inboard Externals L & R (FSX Wing Tip L & R)
Wing Tanks L & R (FSX Aux L & R)
Front Tanks L & R (FSX Main L & R)

Starting the moment when either the Inboard Externals (if present) or the Wing Tanks begin to be used, the following tanks are used as well:
Rear Tank (FSX Center3)
Left Feed (FSX Center2)
Right Feed (FSX Center1)

As you fly, the aircraft can become unbalanced. I'll try to work for a solution, but it won't be ready before the upgrade.
The R and L Fuel lights will come on when L and R Feed tanks are near empty. Which may happen while you still have plenty of fuel in the wings. Check the fuel gauge for true fuel status.

The installer should be ready tonight (our time) and the store updated by tomorrow morning (05H00 Zulu - 00H00 EST).

delta_lima
August 28th, 2012, 22:02
Couple of questions ....

1) How's the model on FPS, compared to other models (eg: A-6, A-7, etc.)

2) I have the Saitek AV8R. Is it possible to keep one throttle lever for throttle, and the other for nozzle control?

Thanks,

DL

ZEUS67
August 28th, 2012, 22:17
Couple of questions ....

1) How's the model on FPS, compared to other models (eg: A-6, A-7, etc.)

It is FPS friendly. Specially since we fixed the map that was creating a huge fps hit. Of course mileage may vary on computer specs.

2) I have the Saitek AV8R. Is it possible to keep one throttle lever for throttle, and the other for nozzle control?

Yes. But the Throttle lever must be set to the general (all engines) Throttle axis. The other lever must be set to the Propeller 1 Pitch.

Thanks,

DL

You're welcome.

delta_lima
August 28th, 2012, 22:38
Fast, simple responses - thanks so much. :ernae:

Have to scrape a few more shekels ... should pick this up soon.

Cheers,

DL

Prowler1111
August 28th, 2012, 23:08
RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II Plus Mk1A is up in the store, current customers have their accounts reset to 0 so they can re-download the product. MK1A addresses all the documented bugs.Thanks for your patience.If you´re a new customer, your purchase is up to date.

Best regards
Prowler

Barnes
August 28th, 2012, 23:35
Just downloaded the new version and awaiting FSX to start up! zzzz

Edit - just had quick flight and it seems very much better - well done Razbam team.

gradyhappyg
August 29th, 2012, 01:07
OOOooooooops!!!!! Never arm your weapons on the ground.

JIMJAM
August 29th, 2012, 06:30
Logged in,looked at my purchases and see the Harrier but its the same size,403 megs as the first release. I am pretty sure its the same one after downloading it and now I only have 1 download left.

Where do you find the updated version? I also do not see it in the downloads/updates so I am lost here.

Prowler1111
August 29th, 2012, 07:05
Logged in,looked at my purchases and see the Harrier but its the same size,403 megs as the first release. I am pretty sure its the same one after downloading it and now I only have 1 download left.

Where do you find the updated version? I also do not see it in the downloads/updates so I am lost here.

There is no separate patch, the whole installer has been updated, you need to download the whole thing again
Best regards
Prowler

ZEUS67
August 29th, 2012, 07:26
For those who had problems with the Saitek X-65, there is a configuration thread in the forums: http://www.razbamsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=287

Lateral-G
August 29th, 2012, 09:55
Gents:
RAZBAM AV-8B HarrierII Plus for FSX ready for purchase:

http://www.razbamsims.com/

Click on the Harrier

Best regards

The RAZBAM Team

I just got the email today......

DagR
August 29th, 2012, 10:26
It's an outstanding aircraft ;-) I will fly this a lot !

Best
DagR

ronvking
August 30th, 2012, 13:00
HI,

I want to purchase this aircraft but when I try and create a new account I get a page that asks for my namd and date of birth. I fill these in but nothing happens. I get an error message on the bottom saying "Done but with errors on the page", tried about 6 times, all with the same problem.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks Ron

airattackimages
August 30th, 2012, 16:17
Is there any chance the transition to forward flight (and back to hover) has been smoothed? I would really like to buy this ship since it's visually beautiful, but the flight model has to be able to reproduce that or it will be a buzz kill...

Prowler1111
August 30th, 2012, 16:21
That´s already fixed

Prowler

ronvking
August 30th, 2012, 17:03
HI,

I want to purchase this aircraft but when I try and create a new account I get a page that asks for my namd and date of birth. I fill these in but nothing happens. I get an error message on the bottom saying "Done but with errors on the page", tried about 6 times, all with the same problem.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks Ron

Have managed to sort this out. For info, in case anyone else has a hiccup. I first tried creating the account via a WIN XP/IE8 setup and it only showed the first three fields on the page. Later tried via a dual boot on WIN 7/IE8 and that gave me the whole page to fill in.

Now learning how to fly this beast. Very pleased with the purchase.

Cheers Ron

JIMJAM
August 30th, 2012, 18:07
"That´s already fixed"

I spent 2 hours last night and one today trying to transition from ff to hover and I disagree.
Instead of the "brickwall" now its like getting hit with a wave. Forget the nozzle position, at 90 knots I get a rapid nose up no matter what I do. Accufeel has nothing to do with it. Disabled. Ive tried everything of and now want to see some vids of someone smoothly,consistantly going from ff to vtol. I have gotten it down on a carrier and can hover/land this plane but its not pretty and very unrealistic. In real life every other Harrier would be lost.
Also the hover / throttle control is dam near impossible. The spool up is so slow the Harrier turns into a yo yo of frustration. VTOL take offs work fine but I cannot go from ff to transion to hover without being totally wreckless and see no rhyme or reason to the flight modeling other than at 90 crap happens.
Not much being said about this Harrier good or bad so If I am alone then I will quit griping and simply write it off and see what happens. If others are having these issues speak up so it can be looked at again.
How about release the actual procedures on how to fly the thing correctly. That will take out any guess work. I hope I am proved wrong and its a issue on my end cause this is one sweet looking plane. But after 3 hours of trying to convince myself its my bad stick work amplified by a almost total lack of materials, I am pretty sure its the FM.

Edit- Currently test flying again trying to produce a repeatable,safe procedure for transition. IN my case, on take off vtol,nozzles straight down, I have to hold the stick full forward,parking brakes on and go full power, After lift off and the initial "bucking" stick neutral. Same with ff to transition. Slow to 130 or so then quickly move nozzles 85 or so and get ready for 90. As 90 approaches,stick forward to counter the abrupt nose pitch up. After that, its a matter of slowing it down and very precise throttle control. Like helis, if your vertical descent is to quick, no amount of thrust can prevent you from stopping it and smacking the ground. Luckily the Harrier has some beefy landing gear.

wapanomi
August 30th, 2012, 23:52
Yes, I can say that you're not alone, I've exactly the same problems (even if I find that there are some strange movements on take off also). The new version is a huge improvement, but it's still very frustrating because VTOL... And I do my tests with a light airplane, and no wind... Maybe is it related to our configuration but I don't think so :

Indeed, few things to mention to understand why :

- when trying to hovering, the indicated speed on the hud never goes under 60 knts or so...
- can you test this : in normal flight, full throttles, go up, at a great angle, until your speed goes to 0, and see what happens. In my case, the plane has a totally abnormal behavior, for example the model begins to flash pointing alternatively in various directions...
- I must pause while I was doing a vertical take off, at 500 ft, no wind, flaps on STOL, etc... And the plane was still moving, changing very slowly it's orientation...

One last point : is it normal that the plane moves while nozzles are down ?

So. We discuss this also on the support forum, where the guys are very present...

This Harrier is the best Harrier we've had on model and artwork, systems, and all the normal flight... I thought it will be a winner, Razbam has show his skills on his recent planes, and I think it's very sad that in this very important aspect he is worse than the others... But I think that we must be patient, because they chose to make a new code for the STOL, and that's a good point, but they must not stop their efforts now !

bruce448
August 31st, 2012, 00:30
JIMJAM and Wapanomi

Try these nozzle positions for the model, in reality whilst on the ground the aircraft sits at approximately a 5 degree nose up attitude landing and take off in the Stol and Vstol mode the nozzles should never have to go past 82 degrees, going past this setting is for braking and airshows. For normal rolling take offs and landings the nozzles are set to 10 degrees.

Bruce

wapanomi
August 31st, 2012, 00:40
Thanks, these are valuable informations !

But I can assure you that the "wave" described by JimJam is not nozzle related. It occurs while transitionning, and before the nozzles are down...

And on the other hand, the problem of thrust mentionned above is also a great difficulty. But may I conclude that you've none of these bahaviour ?

JIMJAM
August 31st, 2012, 07:28
"This Harrier is the best Harrier we've had on model and artwork, systems, and all the normal flight... I thought it will be a winner, Razbam has show his skills on his recent planes, and I think it's very sad that in this very important aspect he is worse than the others... But I think that we must be patient, because they chose to make a new code for the STOL, and that's a good point, but they must not stop their efforts now !"

Agreed. The is one well done aircraft but the vtol is broken. My expectations were never to recreate the real world Harrier's abilty. That said, I have spent hours at least trying to be able to get around its limitations and at least be able to come up with procedures so I can operate the Harrier with some consistency. I love a challenging aircraft. Remember the old Cloud9 F-104? The standard procedure if you got into a stall was to EJECT! Todays A2a's you can fry and engine in minutes. Love it.
The real Harrier pilots have very strict procedures and operational constraints and from the vids you can see it. Very deliberate,planned ahead,practiced operations. I feel more like a test pilot flying the Harrier on its first day however its every flight.

But yeah, as is there are 2 nozzle positions, zero and 80 something. 3 airspeeds,zero, under 90 and over 90. The weight and balance I have no clue. I cut the fuel so I gain access the manager. Click on the vtol fuel load then restart the plane. BTW the manager has a print about something about being rear..... but its cut off so I assume it tail heavy?? I have flown at 3% fuel for ever and even so have had the plane drop from a 500ft hover like a rock. Full power still was unable to arrest the descent.

Sorry for the long post, must be the gallon sized coffee cup I use. I own alot of the Razbam planes and like all their stuff. It took alot of courage for them to take a stab at it for many have failed. They could have jumped on the P-51,f-15,f-16, F whatever bandwagon so I commend them. So Raz its almost there....... From a wall to a wave......... So close...... I am willing to wait.

Barnes
August 31st, 2012, 08:09
Imust be lucky - since they updated the product i have been flying and hovering with no probs.

Well said JimJam - they have been very brave to try to use FSX, which can hardly cope with helicopter flight, to do this.

IanHenry
August 31st, 2012, 09:42
I agree with JimJam, I think that Razbam have done a very good job on the Harrier, not perfect, because I think there are still some problems with the flight model,but a damn good effort overall.<o:p></o:p>
Does anyone else have a problem with the airbrake, which I find very difficult to retract, or is it meant to be out when it’s on the ground, or in the STOL/VTOL mode?<o:p></o:p>
I hope Razbam continue to develop the model, which I think; in time could become one of the very best FSX aircraft available. Keep up the good work chaps.:applause:

Regards,
Ian.

airattackimages
August 31st, 2012, 09:56
Thank you to JIMJAM and the others that have answered, I think you're giving a more objective opinion of whats going on. I must say before I go further that I am a happy RAZBAM customer (I have the Prowler) and I really like the direction they take with their projects/products. VTOL is just very gimmacky every time it's used, and I don't blame them for trying. Hopefully they are able to sort it out because I hate that VTOL always ends up being "jerry-rigged" in every product it's ever used in (I have the Alphasim Osprey and it's the same there. Everytime you articulate the nacelles it drops out of the sky momentarily before it's able to "catch" itself).

And not to end it on a sour note against this product or RAZBAM I also must say that I'm still considering buying it just to have it. :) Because it is visually stunning and I really would like to have a nice looking Harrier with a top notch VC.

JIMJAM
August 31st, 2012, 10:26
IanHenry- The airbrake automatically comes out and thats normal. Whats not normal is that you can extend it in fast ff and go from 300k to 200 in seconds. Thats easily adjusted in the cfg but how does it effect the Vtol? Man I can only imagine trying to code vtol in FSX. Gotta be a major pita. They got more patience than I do. The Dino F-35 is amazing but I imagine it gives the programmer alot more freedom and wiggle room when its a experimental,relatively unknown computer controlled aircraft.
I just made some more attempts at taming this beast and as confused as ever. Some take off vtol are smooth while others the nose bucks up. I made some attempts at 20-60 degree nozzle stol landings. Some approaches the plane locks into vtol even though the indicated speed is 60-90. You cannot pull back on the stick to bleed off speed since it just knocks it out of level,climbs and/or into another flight mode.:isadizzy: If you try to reduce throttle the plane will descend and often you cannot power your way out of it.
What I do now is just come in 300 ft agl slow it down to 130 or so, slam in 85 nozzle and ride it like a wild horse till I get stabilized. Then it a matter of getting it down. Either it really,really wants to come down or it doesnt. Gotta say this thought. After wrangling with the Harrier the last few hours, I jumped into the Flight Replicas BF-109 which is a handfull and it felt like flying the default 172 lol. The Harrier is frustrating,aggrevating,annoying but I have always been a glutton for punishment. I did get it down on the Enterprise. Most all the flight deck guys jumped over board and I was arrested by the Mps but I did not have to go swimming:icon_lol:

wapanomi
August 31st, 2012, 10:48
I think that the F35 is done by Rob Baerendregt,the guy who made most of the very interesting gauges that permits our add-on to hover... I think also he's involve in SimSkunkWorks Harrier, which I tested for the minutes free, and seems to be very convincing, on this aspect.

For the rest, the speedbrake is obviously a problem, if you try to dive on high speed, then deploy the speed brakes, the plane will go under 100 knts... and then have a very erratic behaviour. That's definitely a bug, in my opinion (and on my computer, for what I know).

IanHenry
August 31st, 2012, 10:59
It looks to me like the airbrake comes out when you lower the undercarriage. If that's the case, then taking off conventionally is going to be a real problem?

Ian.

timghetta
August 31st, 2012, 11:04
I think that the F35 is done by Rob Baerendregt,the guy who made most of the very interesting gauges that permits our add-on to hover... I think also he's involve in SimSkunkWorks Harrier, which I tested for the minutes free, and seems to be very convincing, on this aspect.

For the rest, the speedbrake is obviously a problem, if you try to dive on high speed, then deploy the speed brakes, the plane will go under 100 knts... and then have a very erratic behaviour. That's definitely a bug, in my opinion (and on my computer, for what I know).

I have a question. Wapanomi, I was wondering if you had any part in the SSW Manual? I have heard few conflicting reports by a few people you did their manual, and instead of me just speculating, I wanted to ask, in case I was wrong.

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2012, 11:22
It looks to me like the airbrake comes out when you lower the undercarriage. If that's the case, then taking off conventionally is going to be a real problem?

Ian.

The airbrake automatically comes out when the landing gear is deployed.

You can see it in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whkkB2zwYbs

Conventionally it does increase the length needed to take off, which is why they recommend to do so with Nozzles at 10°

wapanomi
August 31st, 2012, 11:51
@Timghetta :

Can you please explain what you mean by "few conflicting reports by a few people you did their manual" ? I'm far to have a good english, but if I understand well, that's very disappointing...

Just in case, I've nothing to do with SimSkunkWorks, I'm not even their customer. The first reason is that the modeling of their Harrier is really too bad, the second is that I was waiting for the Razbam Harrier, and the final was the way they act in the community. But for this last one, I'm beginning to wonder if they were alone...

So, I've answered your question, could you please answer mine ?

Regards,

timghetta
August 31st, 2012, 12:03
@Timghetta :

Can you please explain what you mean by "few conflicting reports by a few people you did their manual" ? I'm far to have a good english, but if I understand well, that's very disappointing...

Just in case, I've nothing to do with SimSkunkWorks, I'm not even their customer. The first reason is that the modeling of their Harrier is really too bad, the second is that I was waiting for the Razbam Harrier.

So, I've answered your question, could you please answer mine ?

Regards,

I have heard from some people saying you did their manual, I just wanted to ask. See I have also seen you posting about the Harrier in other forums sort of bashing the efforts of Razbam. Along with the efforts of SSW attacking Razbam's Harrier, I just was unsure. I do thank you for clearing it up for me, I didn't want to listen to the rumors and give you the respect of asking you personally.

My humble apologizes, I just don't understand why we have these competitions between 2 companies doing the same aircraft and meanwhile all of the mud slinging which is uncalled for.

wapanomi
August 31st, 2012, 12:29
I completely agree with you, and you don't have to apologize, you made anything wrong.

But I'm very surprised you talk about posts that I would have wrote that were "razbam bashing"... I've talk about this Harrier only on a few places : here, of course, and I've never be unfair, I think. I also speak about this on the Razbam facebook page, being the first to post a comment, and this was a very positive one.

I post on the Razbam forum on a place call "bug report", and there, that's true, I've reported bugs. None of them being false...

I've open a thread on the french forum "pilote virtuel" to announce to the community the Harrier was on sale, and you can read my posts there, they remains positive, even if I've talk about my difficulties to make a vertical landing. Those difficulties become the bug known as "brick wall", so I think it was not bashing anything. The same on another french forum, "Check six", a very nice community with very interesting simmers. If you can read french, you will see that I certainly am the most positive guy about this Harrier there, if you think that our forums are made to share, not to make publicity.

Final : I was the guy that announce the patch there, and you can see how confident this announcement was. You can read here (http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?pid=470898#p470898) this thread. Now, there are people that asks me if the patch solves the reported problems, and I've a real problem to answer, because I know that if they experiment the problems I (and JimJam) have, they will regret trusting me.

Sorry for this answer, but - and I don't speak of you - what you say is that there are people who are "bashing" me because I don't say everything is wonderful... That's not good for us if speaking freely and faitly lead to such comments. And this time, the guys at SSW have nothing to do with that.

JIMJAM
August 31st, 2012, 13:04
Don't get pulled off topic. The only reason I have not posted at Raz is I am to lazy to jump through the hoops and register at yet another forum. I am 2 or so weeks into recovering from a total OS reinstall and STILL have not got back to where I was. Not being able to log in or forgetting another password and I am close to having a fit!

Now back to the Raz Harrier.

The VID..... I wanna do THAT. Or something thats close to it.....

If the plane cannot, then just like the real Harrier what the point? Makes good screenshots I guess.

Just like in FSX, there are jets that are faster,carry more, go further, better agility................

But this one Hovers.

I saw on the Raz forum where a guy basically says the Harrier's abilty to hover is overated and used seldomly in real life. Which ties into what I said above. Whats the point?

Cuz its loud,looks cool and hovers.

Otherwise IMO its like Playboy without the centerfold. A Ferrari with a electric motor. A..... ,Well you get it.

Wake me when there is progress.

stovall
August 31st, 2012, 13:07
This is a really good thread and should be used to discuss the Razbam AV-8B Harrier II. We don't need to discuss bashing or get into a complaining contest. Please confine your comments to the Harrier itself. The comments can be constructive critique but need to stay positive. Personal comments are not acceptable. This is not directed to anyone in particular. I just want to see this thread stay positive. Ron and staff do a great job and we are thankful for such a wonderful addition to our hobby.

JimJam: I had the same thing happen to my OS two weeks ago. I am just now getting things going again. Really fun when that happens. Even with backups you always lose something. I am just now finding out what was lost. Backups save the day.

Pluto12
August 31st, 2012, 13:10
Hi to all...
I did't want to answer on this thread because I found it unkind for Razbam but I want to explain only three things, and they are not about the Razbam model, but about the few things said about SimSkunkWorks. First of all the manual of our Harrier is selfmade, based on the original one.
It is always sure that each of us has different view about flight simulation, different interest and from these interests everyone makes his choice....as Wapanomi well said.
About the old disagreements on this forum with one...and I say one of the member of the SimSkunkWorks, I want to say that one member from the developing team of the SSW is not all the team....we are on this forum, we read and we answer I think always in a kind, and fair way.
The last thing is that as SSW, we have never attack Razbam. We saw some video showing the Razbam Harrier, and our Harrier, and many had thought that user was someone of us, making video to show strange behaviour or else. That user is NOT member of the developing team, for sure it is one our Beta tester, and also a friend, but what he makes do not come by a particular request from us.
Sorry for this post, and if it were unappropriate I understand...so if the moderator had to cancel it..no problem...
Best regards
Emanuele

stovall
August 31st, 2012, 14:38
Thanks Emanuele, let us move on and get back to comments about the the Razbam Harrier. Your point is made and thanks for your positive comments. Back to the Razbam Harrier as the focus of this thread.

airattackimages
August 31st, 2012, 19:37
Downloading now. Gonna give it a try. :)

airattackimages
August 31st, 2012, 19:42
Has anyone done a repaint of VMA-311's high viz? Particularly WL51

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63697477@N08/6915992803/

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2012, 21:40
I hope this is not too long for you.

I understand that your fascination with the Harrier mostly lies with the ability to do helicopter stuff like hover and vertical take-off and landings. We at RAZBAM strove to bring that aircraft to life in FSX, but unfortunately FSX is a simulation software and an old one at that. There are severe limitations and one of those is that it does not support vectorial thrust. We found a workaround, for us it is a radical way to achieve vectorial thrust. Is it perfect? No, but I believe that it delivers the feel within the limits of FSX.

There is no secret in vectorial thrust, if you google hard and long enough you will get all the equations that make it work in real world aircraft. Unfortunately FSX is not real world and those equations are not enough. Some of the problems you experience is the FSX ceiling hitting your head. FSX does not know what to do with the aircraft when it is on hover, it is not an helicopter and yet it is not moving. It gives stall warnings and yet it keeps in the air. So sometimes it just says WTF and do whatever it thinks works the best. If we tried to control every single aspect of the flight, you would have had to shut down almost everything in FSX to keep processor power. That is unrealistic and not fun, so we decided to sometimes let FSX do its stuff and try to keep them as low as possible. We are near the limit in FSX capacity, perhaps a couple of inches short of it. We got some really strange non documented errors during development.

The best solution would be to create my own physics engine and use it inside FSX, unfortunately that is not possible. To my knowledge only Prepar3D has that ability, but then LM knows the limits of FSX and decided to just bypass them.

Second, the Harrier is a military aircraft. For the military, the ability to hover is not as important as the ability to take-off from short runways with a usable payload, and everybody knows that bombs are heavy. So, no. Real World Harriers mostly do conventional take-offs and semi jet-borne landings (the actual technical term). The vertical stuff is left for shows and demonstrations. This means that if you follow the manual, then you will get the same limitations that the real aircraft has. Both in jet borne and aerodynamic flight.

Don't feel cheated because the aircraft does not do the things you though it should do. It is an amazing aircraft and a joy to fly it. Even its imperfect vectorial thrust gives you a modicum of the feeling a real world Harrier pilot experiences, without the complication that you don't put your well being in peril should something happen.

I hope you enjoy it. Ron, I and everybody who make the RAZBAM team put a lot of hard work and we left something of us in it.

Barnes
August 31st, 2012, 22:03
Well said that man - im looking forward to the next version

ZEUS67
August 31st, 2012, 22:10
Some of the stuff in the upgrade:

hae5904
August 31st, 2012, 22:25
Has anyone done a repaint of VMA-311's high viz? Particularly WL51

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63697477@N08/6915992803/

Probably not. Or you can give it a go yourself, I made the repaint kit for easy use.
Though there are a couple of special repaints in the works by myself. :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

seawing
September 1st, 2012, 00:52
Once again, thanks RAZBAM for this great aircraft and the quick update!!:salute:

The aircraft is now much more stable and though I agree that STOVL is tricky, everyone must remember it is very tricky in reality, too! It takes a lot of practice to fly this bird safely in all situations. I think this is very well reflected in the RAZBAM model. This is not a C172, that you take for a ride around the countryside!
Things get a bit easier when you landing spot is moving forward at 30 kts and you have a good 20 kts wind over the flight deck summing up to some 50 kts over the wings, but then of course that landing spot would be pitching and rolling (which we don't have in FSX). I think patience and a lot of practice is really the key to this aircraft.
Having said that, the weapons are great! Even the missiles and rockets do now hit and explode! Marvelous! Really looking forward for the avionics update - for HMS Ark Royal to land upon. Oh, once again, what's the status of the "Principe de Asturias"? can anybody comment on that?

Best regards,

Seawing

wapanomi
September 1st, 2012, 01:29
I hope this is not too long for you.

I understand that your fascination with the Harrier mostly lies with the ability to do helicopter stuff like hover and vertical take-off and landings. We at RAZBAM strove to bring that aircraft to life in FSX, but unfortunately FSX is a simulation software and an old one at that. There are severe limitations and one of those is that it does not support vectorial thrust. We found a workaround, for us it is a radical way to achieve vectorial thrust. Is it perfect? No, but I believe that it delivers the feel within the limits of FSX.

There is no secret in vectorial thrust, if you google hard and long enough you will get all the equations that make it work in real world aircraft. Unfortunately FSX is not real world and those equations are not enough. Some of the problems you experience is the FSX ceiling hitting your head. FSX does not know what to do with the aircraft when it is on hover, it is not an helicopter and yet it is not moving. It gives stall warnings and yet it keeps in the air. So sometimes it just says WTF and do whatever it thinks works the best. If we tried to control every single aspect of the flight, you would have had to shut down almost everything in FSX to keep processor power. That is unrealistic and not fun, so we decided to sometimes let FSX do its stuff and try to keep them as low as possible. We are near the limit in FSX capacity, perhaps a couple of inches short of it. We got some really strange non documented errors during development.

The best solution would be to create my own physics engine and use it inside FSX, unfortunately that is not possible. To my knowledge only Prepar3D has that ability, but then LM knows the limits of FSX and decided to just bypass them.

Second, the Harrier is a military aircraft. For the military, the ability to hover is not as important as the ability to take-off from short runways with a usable payload, and everybody knows that bombs are heavy. So, no. Real World Harriers mostly do conventional take-offs and semi jet-borne landings (the actual technical term). The vertical stuff is left for shows and demonstrations. This means that if you follow the manual, then you will get the same limitations that the real aircraft has. Both in jet borne and aerodynamic flight.

Don't feel cheated because the aircraft does not do the things you though it should do. It is an amazing aircraft and a joy to fly it. Even its imperfect vectorial thrust gives you a modicum of the feeling a real world Harrier pilot experiences, without the complication that you don't put your well being in peril should something happen.

I hope you enjoy it. Ron, I and everybody who make the RAZBAM team put a lot of hard work and we left something of us in it.

@Zeus67 : thank you for your answer, for all your work, and for the pleasure we already have with this. But I regret that this conversation is definitely going the wrong way. So let me tell you 3 last things :

1. We don’t know each other, but it’s easy to look around and see my deep respect for your work, and the positive way I try to speak about your Harrier. I love it and yes, you're right, he’s doing well in lot of the things that we, simmers, are wanting. I’m not fascinating by Harrier, I’m passionate by this airplane, like you are, I suppose.

2. I’m not sure you’re right with your idea on how to implement VTOL in FSX. JimJam have said what was needed about this. Even if vertical take-off is seldom, I think most of simmers, even if they don’t use it, want to know that their add-on is consistent with this point. That’s call immersion. And what you say about take off don’t work about landing, especially on decks.

3. But here’s my point, and my message to you. Could you please have a look to the following video ? It’s the first time I make a video and post it on the net. It’s very raw, the conversion is bad, and it's unedited, but the thing I want to show is easy to see :

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/48642418" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe> fsx 2012-09-01 09-53-02-06 (http://vimeo.com/48642418) from wapanomi (http://vimeo.com/user13270058) on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com).

Most of people who will experiment this won’t talk about what you see on 0.45 and after as «a limitation of fsx» or a «new way to give you the feeling of a Harrier». They will call that a bug, and a big one. You can have the same one when diving with no power, speedbrake open. I think that this is related to the things that JimJam and myself are trying to explain to you.

My point is that I talk about this on your support forum two days ago, and receive no serious answer (I still don’t know if someone else has the same problem), but lessons about what a Harrier is, what must be my expectations in FSX, and here, worst, allegations that my posts were commercially oriented to make «razbam bashing».

Even if I can undestrand how disturbing the launch of this Harrier could have be, especially after weeks of labour, I think you and your team are on the wrong way if you can’t consider seriously messages pointing flaws on your bird, and that is very dangerous commercially. And I hope you can understand that’s a friendly message.

Best regards,

Barnes
September 1st, 2012, 01:55
Yes - mine does that - but i have several other products that do odd things in the stall - this aint unusual

wapanomi
September 1st, 2012, 02:14
Thank you for illustrating my point !

A patch have been made, saying "the brick wall has disappeared". JimJam and I are trying to explain that that's not completely true... And the only answer is "that's normal". If I show you what I think to be part of the problem, you say "it's not unusual" I don't think it will help Razbam to be blinded by compliments...

And, by the way, you're an unlucky man if you've several other products that do that in the stall (and also when they stop diving in the air because the airbrake is open...)

But ok, that's enough for me, I wish you good (horizontal) flights and no stalls...

ZEUS67
September 1st, 2012, 05:20
Yes Wapanomi. That's not normal, but that is not me. It is FSX not knowing how to deal with the aircraft at those regimes because of the vtol module. It is one of the unfortunate trade offs that I had to accept. I cannot handle that unless I force you to turn off everything like AI traffic, weather themes, etc. so you can fly the aircraft. I feel that it is a small trade off for enjoying the ride.

airattackimages
September 1st, 2012, 10:16
Well, I should have trusted my gut. I should have listened to what JIMJAM was reporting. Instead I went to bed last night with a serious case of buyers remorse. That money could have went for gas money. :(

I was into what looked like a successful VTOL rolling landing. Got down to 170 kts and dropped the gear, got down to around 140 ish and started advancing the nozzles slowly. Everything was looking beautiful and I thought wow, there isn't a problem here at all -- until I got to 80 kts. That's when all of the sudden the nose pitched up unnaturally and it entered into all kinds of odd ball occilations. And it was at that moment that I knew what everyone was talking about when they said "robotic" behavior.

Sorry RAZBAM, I'm not trying to trash your product. I know how much effort you guys put (and it shows) into this thing, and I don't expect you to do all of that for nothing. Like you say, it's not your fault, it's FSX. But I wish you would have been more forthcoming that the thing doesn't VTOL earlier, not say "that was already fixed". But it was my fault for trying it out, already being pretty sure of what I was going to experience. Oh well.

I will say that it still is visually stunning. Great VC. Since it doesn't VTOL worth a crap, I was willing to just be happy with flying it in full time forward flight, but even that isn't enjoyable, since the thing has a "tick". You get it trimmed up and at cruise speed, and it jumps every once in a while. Make the slightest aileron control input and it jumps off it's level cruise into an uncommanded slight climb, then back down. Almost like you ran over a speed bump. But it happens often, and frequently. It's even happened completely hands off.

And before someone responds again with "well the real plane is hard to fly" -- it would be REAL hard to fly if the actual aircraft did this. More like impossible.

Anyway, not trying to trash RAZBAM, and I understand if someone doesn't like my post. As a paying customer, I just had to get the frustration off my chest a bit. I should have known. I apologize RAZBAM and crew, I know this is your product announcement thread. It is a beautiful exterior model and virtual cockpit. On those two areas I'd place it among the best out there, on par with the VRS Superbug and the Strike Eagles. The flying itself is a downer.

ZEUS67
September 1st, 2012, 10:56
Well, I should have trusted my gut. I should have listened to what JIMJAM was reporting. Instead I went to bed last night with a serious case of buyers remorse. That money could have went for gas money. :(

I was into what looked like a successful VTOL rolling landing. Got down to 170 kts and dropped the gear, got down to around 140 ish and started advancing the nozzles slowly. Everything was looking beautiful and I thought wow, there isn't a problem here at all -- until I got to 80 kts. That's when all of the sudden the nose pitched up unnaturally and it entered into all kinds of odd ball occilations. And it was at that moment that I knew what everyone was talking about when they said "robotic" behavior.
The nose pitchs up because now you are not controlling the aircraft with the control surfaces but through reaction jets analogs in the nose, wingtips and tails. The nose up is overcompensation. It takes practice to get rid of it.

VTOL is a tricky procedure, taking off is the easiest part and that takes practices as well. Specially the transition. I've crashed a lot until I mastered it. Landings is another beast altogether and it is worse. I still haven't mastered it yet and I crash 19 out of 20 tries. Do not expect to take off and land vertically from the beginning on this aircraft.

Sorry RAZBAM, I'm not trying to trash your product. I know how much effort you guys put (and it shows) into this thing, and I don't expect you to do all of that for nothing. Like you say, it's not your fault, it's FSX. But I wish you would have been more forthcoming that the thing doesn't VTOL earlier, not say "that was already fixed". But it was my fault for trying it out, already being pretty sure of what I was going to experience. Oh well.

I will say that it still is visually stunning. Great VC. Since it doesn't VTOL worth a crap, I was willing to just be happy with flying it in full time forward flight, but even that isn't enjoyable, since the thing has a "tick". You get it trimmed up and at cruise speed, and it jumps every once in a while. Make the slightest aileron control input and it jumps off it's level cruise into an uncommanded slight climb, then back down. Almost like you ran over a speed bump. But it happens often, and frequently. It's even happened completely hands off.

And before someone responds again with "well the real plane is hard to fly" -- it would be REAL hard to fly if the actual aircraft did this. More like impossible.

Anyway, not trying to trash RAZBAM, and I understand if someone doesn't like my post. As a paying customer, I just had to get the frustration off my chest a bit. I should have known. I apologize RAZBAM and crew, I know this is your product announcement thread. It is a beautiful exterior model and virtual cockpit. On those two areas I'd place it among the best out there, on par with the VRS Superbug and the Strike Eagles. The flying itself is a downer.
I'm sorry it does not work for you.

airattackimages
September 1st, 2012, 11:47
The nose pitchs up because now you are not controlling the aircraft with the control surfaces but through reaction jets analogs in the nose, wingtips and tails. The nose up is overcompensation. It takes practice to get rid of it.

VTOL is a tricky procedure, taking off is the easiest part and that takes practices as well. Specially the transition. I've crashed a lot until I mastered it. Landings is another beast altogether and it is worse. I still haven't mastered it yet and I crash 19 out of 20 tries. Do not expect to take off and land vertically from the beginning on this aircraft.

I'm sorry it does not work for you.
The nose up is occuring with neutral stick... So in order to stop that from happening, I would have to know when it was going to do it, and force the stick forward -- which is just an attempt to hide bad behavior.

On the takeoff transition to forward flight, the video RAZBAM posted on You Tube shows it dropping out of the sky as it transitions to forward flight. If I ever saw an actual Harrier do that, I'd be ready to call the crash crew.

ZEUS67
September 1st, 2012, 11:54
The nose up is occuring with neutral stick... So in order to stop that from happening, I would have to know when it was going to do it, and force the stick forward -- which is just an attempt to hide bad behavior.

On the takeoff transition to forward flight, the video RAZBAM posted on You Tube shows it dropping out of the sky as it transitions to forward flight. If I ever saw an actual Harrier do that, I'd be ready to call the crash crew.

1. Again, it requires practice.
2. Next time I'll ask somebody with more practice to do the video. I cheat, I rise high enough and point the nose forward to gain horizontal speed more quickly so I don't fall out of the sky.

Also, I get it. You don't like the aircraft. I can't help you there.

SkippyBing
September 1st, 2012, 12:25
To quote a Sea Harrier pilot I know 'You need a BITS* trip after a long weekend'.
Why people think they'll be able to do overnight what real pilots need a six month conversion course to do I'll never know...

*Back In The Saddle, normally done after leave to get back up to speed with flying.

ZEUS67
September 1st, 2012, 12:59
For those of you concerned about the airbrake during take-offs, here's the link to the HOW-TO (http://www.razbamsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=284&p=1326#p1323)

seawing
September 1st, 2012, 13:20
Why people think they'll be able to do overnight what real pilots need a six month conversion course to do I'll never know...

I absolutely second Skippy here! It is what I have tried to say before. It is not a C172!
But in the end, this part of the discussion does not leading us anywhere. If somebody doesn't want the aircraft or doesn't like it, he is not obliged to keep flying it. The rest of us should be going on to support the developers in upgrading the bird. Enough said on this.

Seawing

JIMJAM
September 1st, 2012, 14:35
Hey Seaweed, you say " It is what I have tried to say before. It is not a C172! " Just curious,,, Which part of "Its not a 172!" did you have trouble with? LOLOLOL

I could intellectually rip into the rest but I am in a good mood. Also you told us enough on this. Like a boss!
How about post your detailed Harrier procedures for us newbies so we can stop this useless complaining.

Have a good Labor day weekend fellow Outhousers. JimJam:salute:

ZEUS67
September 1st, 2012, 17:34
Coming to the Mk-2 Version: Engine overheat and damage.
That 15 seconds warning is real, if you are not careful you will lose the engine.

JIMJAM
September 1st, 2012, 17:59
Great idea!

Stickshaker
September 2nd, 2012, 01:41
Zeus, I have been waiting to buy this aircraft but decided to hold off a bit so as to see the first comments of users. From your posts and those of Prawler at SOH, prior to the release, I definitely got the impression that your simulation of VTOL would be in the same order of realism as that of the ‘other’ Harrier out there. Now you are pointing at FSX limitations to explain the behaviour of the RAZBAM Harrier. I understand that it takes practice to learn how to fly the aircraft, but it seems that lack of practice is not the only, or main, reason why the plane behaves unexpectedly in some ways. What are the prospects for the not-too-distant future? Are improvements planned to make the plane behave in the same class of realism that other FSX Harrier developers are claiming to offer? Or should we be content with what the RAZBAM Harrier offers presently?

ZEUS67
September 2nd, 2012, 04:30
A few pointers:

1. I can only speak for the RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II Plus.
2. I've already said in a lengthy piece the difficulties in making a Harrier for FSX.
3. Yes, it requires practice to fly it appropriately in FSX. Is it in the order of 6 months like the real one? I don't think so, but then that depends on each individual pilot's skill and interest in mastering it.
4. The module is done, period. It has reached the technical limits of what can be done in FSX and still have fun with the aircraft. Trying to improve it will only create problems. We are improving other stuff, like the FDE and gauges, but this is what you will get either in this or future releases regarding the VTOL capabilities.
5. Should you purchase it? Sure! But since I am biased towards my product, I recommend you ask somebody else's advice.

I won't answer anymore questions of this type so don't ask them.

stovall
September 2nd, 2012, 07:03
Thanks Zeus67 for your comments and all your work on the Harrier. A good comment about VTOL and STOL by whom I consider an expert in the area can be found by looking at entry 7 in a thread found HERE (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?70467-VTOL-Harriers). This thread also mentions some of the other Harriers out there.

napamule
September 3rd, 2012, 00:05
Wapanomi,
Quote: 'people who will experiment this won’t talk about what you see on 0.45' (in the vimeo video). I know exactly what I would do. I would hit 'Y' key ('Slew On') and immediately hit it again ('Slew Off'). I would expect the throttle to go FULL, and if I droped the nose I would MIGHT be able to gain control and fly off, making sure I hit F1 (throttle cut) to best regain control. Try it. Remember where you heard this-and by whom (Napamule).

As a side note: It takes PRACTICE to do VTOL landings. Sort of like landing a helicopter. Practice is THE key-PERIOD! This is one area (SKILL) that you just can't BUY. Get real.
Chuck B
Napamule

wapanomi
September 3rd, 2012, 00:40
Wapanomi,
Quote: 'people who will experiment this won’t talk about what you see on 0.45' (in the vimeo video). I know exactly what I would do. I would hit 'Y' key ('Slew On') and immediately hit it again ('Slew Off'). I would expect the throttle to go FULL, and if I droped the nose I would MIGHT be able to gain control and fly off, making sure I hit F1 (throttle cut) to best regain control. Try it. Remember where you heard this-and by whom (Napamule).

As a side note: It takes PRACTICE to do VTOL landings. Sort of like landing a helicopter. Practice is THE key-PERIOD! This is one area (SKILL) that you just can't BUY. Get real.
Chuck B
Napamule

Thank you very much, but, as a matter of practice, your procedure isn't necessary. Except the very strange effect and shaking, the plane quits the spin in a normal way and remains perfectly flyable after that. You can see that in the video. I mention this because I think it's more realistic to stay in normal flight : going in slew mode to succeed a flight is not my conception of realism, and will give me a skill that I find useless.

Barnes
September 3rd, 2012, 01:45
Thank you very much, but, as a matter of practice, your procedure isn't necessary. Except the very strange effect and shaking, the plane quits the spin in a normal way and remains perfectly flyable after that. You can see that in the video. I mention this because I think it's more realistic to stay in normal flight : going in slew mode to succeed a flight is not my conception of realism, and will give me a skill that I find useless.

This reminds me of the old joke Patent to Docter - "my arm hurts when i do this." Doctor "then dont do it!" :salute:
:wavey:

mathieu
September 3rd, 2012, 06:26
As a purchaser, I have the right to write a criticism on the product which I buy.
Sorry, I'm not trying to trash your product, but after having read all the last posts, I was to react.
I am clearly disappointed by this aircraft.
Even if I am impressed by the quality of the vc or the external model which is quite simply incredible.
The added-value of this aircraft is her v/STOL capacity .
However in this case, the v/STOL process is not correctly simulated.
In term of comparison, the new f-35B is a pure must have.
I am thus really surprise when I read that this process is impossible to implement in FSX.

ZEUS67
September 3rd, 2012, 06:56
I just want to clarify that I never said that it is impossible. I said that FSX does not SUPPORT vectorial thrust.

JIMJAM
September 3rd, 2012, 07:03
My last post on the Raz Harrier. My vtol OCD has run its course and Its exhausted me.

Workaround. I spent all my time approx 4 hrs total trying to come up with a repeatable method of going from ff to stol to vtol. Never was able to in a way I felt confortable with so I started trying everything.
My latest attempts before I gave up involved flying level,approx 300 ft, 130ish on the speed,engaging the ap and about 1/4 mile out, hit alt hold. Then using my slider on my x52 throttle, added in nozzle to 80ish. 80-85

It seemed promising as it eliminated the nose up. Hover, even flying on fumes, [btw has anyone ever ran outta gas?] the Harrier will start decending and often even full power cannot stop it. The times it does, I often ended up in a yo yo throttle fest. The engine has slooooow spool up so getting behind the power curve kills ya. Stay ahead of it turns you into a balloon. So maybe a solution is to tie in autopilot functions to stabilize the aircraft ala f-35. The user then can control the power,pitch roll ect via the ap. But rather than punching screen buttons or arrow,use keystrokes tied into your hotas such as the trim hat to give you the impression of tactile input. Maybe some of you out there can pursue the AP option or some creative cfg tweaks.

Ok Ive given my 40 bucks+ worth of input. Im a dot.:cost1:

wapanomi
September 3rd, 2012, 07:15
Hi Mathieu !

I completely agree with you about the right to criticize. I think that the debate that would be led about this add-on is killed by the people that think that each question is a dishonnest agression and, on the other hand, by the opposite people that use the same question as an opportunity to promote the Harrier they like.

But I don't think that someone here wrote that VTOL was impossible to implement. On the contrary, Razbam have make an attempt to implement it on a most convincing manner than in the other add-ons, and I think it's impossible to say now that he doesn't succeed : it needs a deeper analyse that what we've had here. But on this particular point, this Harriers hovers. The fact that it is most challenging than with other Harriers is, IMHO, a good point. And it's more rewarding if you succeed.

This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qRmw3b8Qr9U) is by Razbam himself and will show you what is, imo, the most honest representation of the VTOL ability of his Harrier. And the people that will tell you that it requires very particular skills are mostly overestimating themselves, it has taken me one or two hours doing the same on The Clemenceau, which is smaller and slower, the main difficulty being to make a new start after every crash (the most time consuming problem is to make a fuel load to be light enough, I think a good idea would be to include a kind of “vertical landing practice payload” on the load manager).

As you may have seen, I've questions about the fact that the patch have adressed all the issues, especially on the transition between level flight and vertical flight, and I've other questions about choices made for the implementation of VTOL, which sometimes gives a robotic feeling. You can see partially those problems in the video too : the overcompensation, and some movements that seems too "mechanical" to me. I wonder myself if some behaviors are normal, especially when hovering (considering that my question about spin had finally received an answer that I find acceptable) But that doesn't mean that it is impossible to fly, or that there are other Harriers that are definitely better. My own opinion is that this Harrier is the most satisfying I've had to date, since the patch, of course : the fact is that I've had more fun flying and trying to handle it, than with some past planes I bought that I could hover in 5 minutes, with full load...

ZEUS67
September 6th, 2012, 18:05
What is coming in the Mk-2 upgrade: Air Refueling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Hf1CCz_l4

cortomalteseit
September 7th, 2012, 00:38
does it work without a tanker?? :isadizzy:

IanHenry
September 7th, 2012, 04:28
That should work well with the TacPack tankers.

Ian.

ZEUS67
September 7th, 2012, 04:29
does it work without a tanker?? :isadizzy:

Unfortunately, yes. It works in free flight and there are no working free flight air refueling tankers. But you can still practice air refueling and get fuel.

Victory103
September 7th, 2012, 13:58
That should work well with the TacPack tankers.

Ian.

When the TP allows you to refuel non-VRS models, should be shortly. In the mean time this at least prides a way to get some juice to the Pegasus.

ZEUS67
September 7th, 2012, 13:59
Just a heads up. We are including a KC-130 tanker in the upgrade package. It will be ready and on station when you need fuel for your aircraft.
It can be used on free flight as well.

ZEUS67
September 7th, 2012, 14:02
When the TP allows you to refuel non-VRS models, should be shortly. In the mean time this at least prides a way to get some juice to the Pegasus.

You only need a tanker flying steadily and with the drogue chute out. The air refueling system works independently. But you have to keep the aircraft steady or you won't get any fuel.

Now the loadout manager has the Minimum Fuel option. It gives you room to put ordnance and do a VTOL if you want. Of course you will have to top the tanks right after you are airborne.

Victory103
September 8th, 2012, 06:50
Zeus, exactly with the current beta of TP. I have added most of my AI boom and drogue tankers (still need a KC-130) but until they release the SDK, only the VRS Super Bug can actually receive fuel at this time. Once your update is released, I can spawn a tanker anywhere, and then work the Harrier into the basket.

ZEUS67
September 8th, 2012, 11:42
Zeus, exactly with the current beta of TP. I have added most of my AI boom and drogue tankers (still need a KC-130) but until they release the SDK, only the VRS Super Bug can actually receive fuel at this time. Once your update is released, I can spawn a tanker anywhere, and then work the Harrier into the basket.

Yes. It works with any AI Tanker or somebody flying a tanker if in MP.
I'm trying to add an Air Refueling Package. It will spawn the KC-130 at a given location and make it fly in a 20x40 nm race track pattern. No joy at this time, since I've been working on it for a day only. I'm not sure if it will enter the upgrade, since it depends on time availability. I have other stuff that must be finished before I can wrap things up and so little time.

MenendezDiego
September 20th, 2012, 20:46
I've been considering this aircraft, but have one concern; why does the velocity vector act so jumpy (from what I've seen in videos). It isn't fluid at all.

All the best, Diego

ZEUS67
September 20th, 2012, 21:10
I've been considering this aircraft, but have one concern; why does the velocity vector act so jumpy (from what I've seen in videos). It isn't fluid at all.

All the best, Diego

I'm sorry, if you could show me which video so I can reply.

MenendezDiego
September 20th, 2012, 21:35
I'm sorry, if you could show me which video so I can reply.

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxNLSlEX8io

ZEUS67
September 20th, 2012, 22:01
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxNLSlEX8io

I suspected as much. That's not a velocity vector (or flight path marker). It is called the Vertical Flight Path marker, it provides climb and dive angle. Below 60 knots it provides vertical speed in feet per minute when doing a VTOL. That's why it is "jumpy" The harrier HUD have several modes with specific symbols. You are watching the VSTOL mode.

MenendezDiego
September 20th, 2012, 22:07
I suspected as much. That's not a velocity vector (or flight path marker). It is called the Vertical Flight Path marker, it provides climb and dive angle. Below 60 knots it provides vertical speed in feet per minute when doing a VTOL. That's why it is "jumpy" The harrier HUD have several modes with specific symbols. You are watching the VSTOL mode.

Thanks for the reply. Another thing I have noticed is the HUDs horizon bar doesn't seem to be too reliable. It doesn't seem to stay on the horizon in many of the videos I have seen. Has this been fixed?

ZEUS67
September 20th, 2012, 22:22
Thanks for the reply. Another thing I have noticed is the HUDs horizon bar doesn't seem to be too reliable. It doesn't seem to stay on the horizon in many of the videos I have seen. Has this been fixed?

Yes. Most of those videos were made while the aircraft was on development. The newer ones show the release version.

cortomalteseit
October 15th, 2012, 10:31
Is there any news about the patch?
regards

nath2889
October 22nd, 2012, 01:26
two VMA-542 harriers i been working on should get them up loaded soon
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/VMA-5423006.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/VMA-5423003.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/VMA-542018.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/VMA-542013.jpg

and on another note has any one found a fix for the harrier engine not restarting after two shutdowns its doing my head in

Barnes
October 22nd, 2012, 09:09
Great work Nath :salute:

ZEUS67
October 22nd, 2012, 11:46
Is there any news about the patch?
regards

Sure, we are almost finishing it. The biggest delay is the manual. Right now it has 100+ pages and still counting. The HUD has been upgraded, the radios, navigation, radar, etc. We are checking to ensure that the aircraft and the manual agree with each other.

nath2889
October 22nd, 2012, 11:59
Sure, we are almost finishing it. The biggest delay is the manual. Right now it has 100+ pages and still counting. The HUD has been upgraded, the radios, navigation, radar, etc. We are checking to ensure that the aircraft and the manual agree with each other.

will the patch have a fix for the engines not restarting after 2 shutdowns

cortomalteseit
October 22nd, 2012, 12:02

Roger, thanks!

nath2889
October 22nd, 2012, 14:35
ROYAL NAVY any one if u want it here it is http://199.91.154.47/19lljwua44ng/ff51bz86n8jb5cn/Royal+Navy+ZH800.rar
and here are the links for my two VMA-542 repaints shown on previous page
http://199.91.153.175/na1033huqtmg/sgscy2zm19rmdux/VMA-542+00.rar
http://205.196.121.133/gnsbda1m4jug/qibraos15xwr2jd/VMA-542+01.rar
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2222-42-27-11.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2222-43-57-61.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2222-58-07-27.jpg

fallenphoenix1986
October 22nd, 2012, 14:55
Given the loss of the F/A.2 I'd always thought that the Gr.9 should have been more along these lines... not that it matters anymore :(

Bah, bring on the F/A.3, shall be buying the Harrier in the morning :cool:

Craig

nath2889
October 22nd, 2012, 15:11
and our British harriers have been shipped of to the US to be ripped apart by the USMC for parts to keep theres flying what a waste damn goverment

nath2889
October 23rd, 2012, 02:07
Another RN Harrier finished u can get it from here http://199.91.153.81/oupqa49zh5sg/y39a8sdxsphwoch/Royal+Navy+ZH811.rar
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2310-55-37-18.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2310-55-44-66.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2310-56-20-46.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2310-56-23-19.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2310-56-54-05.jpg

nath2889
October 23rd, 2012, 06:05
Fly Navy anyone ? well if u want it its here http://205.196.123.75/yr8b25y9nfpg/y1o6dhk2e3r1dia/Royal+Navy+ZD406.rar
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2314-55-58-58.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2314-56-09-79.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2314-58-41-08.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2314-59-03-91.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2314-59-17-22.jpg

Prowler1111
October 23rd, 2012, 06:34
They are all great repaints!....a GR9 is coming BTW..

Prowler

nath2889
October 23rd, 2012, 06:41
They are all great repaints!....a GR9 is coming BTW..

Prowler

Thanks prowler
ill repaint them on the GR9 when its on my pc
just 3 things is that a free update for the harrier all ready out or will it be a separate product and is there a fix for the engines not starting after 2 shutdowns

also can some on activate my acc on razbam so i can use the forums there as well

Prowler1111
October 23rd, 2012, 06:50
Thanks prowler
ill repaint them on the GR9 when its on my pc
just 3 things is that a free update for the harrier all ready out or will it be a separate product and is there a fix for the engines not starting after 2 shutdowns

also can some on activate my acc on razbam so i can use the forums there as well

Zeus is checking on that, the Avionics Upgrade is a free upgrade for the product
Please PM me your account name
Best regards
Prowler

nath2889
October 23rd, 2012, 06:55
Zeus is checking on that, the Avionics Upgrade is a free upgrade for the product
Please PM me your account name
Best regards
Prowler

ok thanks prowler i just sent u a pm ref my acc

nath2889
October 23rd, 2012, 10:20
has any on managed to swap the the nav , beacon and tail lights for the a2a shockwave lights
i have tried my self but what ever i do dose not work all i get is the lights it came with

don't get me wrong from a distance the standard lights look good but close up in my personal opinion look a bit OTT and i would like to swap them out so if any one knows how to do it i would be one happy camper

Prowler1111
October 23rd, 2012, 11:36
The issue is, that it does not uses standard lights, or even the FSX lighting system, it uses hard coded 3d lights and it´s own internal electrical system
Prowler

nath2889
October 23rd, 2012, 11:44
ok thanks now i can stop banging my head on the brick wall ill just fly with formation lights on my night flights

Prowler1111
October 26th, 2012, 16:21
Gents:
Here is a pic of the one of the avionics upgrade features coming, A/G radar target lock :

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/Promo_044.jpg

It can track and lock on either ground or sea AI targets, this is just a small part of the HUGE avionics upgrade coming (which will be the last and is also free for all customers)
Avionics upgrade release date: early next week

Best regards

Prowler

nath2889
October 27th, 2012, 03:23
RAF ZG477 fair well paint http://199.91.153.146/0o8ivp6k71yg/obh774h7hm5vm7o/RAF+ZG477.rar
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/RAFZG4776.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/RAFZG4774.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/RAFZG4773.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/RAFZG4771.jpg

nath2889
October 27th, 2012, 11:56
RAF repaint for any one who wants it http://205.196.122.85/1umhogg32ewg/866ns70253edl9a/RAF+ZG858.rar
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2720-35-05-06.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2720-37-47-63.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2720-35-25-56.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2720-34-48-62.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2720-34-22-18.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/nathan2889/fsx2012-10-2720-34-00-79.jpg

Prowler1111
November 8th, 2012, 13:28
AV-8B Harrier II Plus avionics upgrade release date is Monday 12, 2012, some of the features included are:
Upgraded radar modes, A/A and A/G, AI target tracking and lock on either mode
Upgraded navigation, now all navigation modes are functional
Air to Air refueling in free flight
Upgraded HUD, upgraded HUD modes, all checked and tested by real(former) Harrier pilots
Improved flight model
Ability to load minimum fuel, empty external tanks
Improved and upgraded Comm suite
Improved radar map
Terrain avoidance Radar mode
Fully detailed and comprehensive pilots manual, developed specifically for this add on
THIS IS A FREE UPGRADE FOR CURRENT CUSTOMERS, YOUR ACCOUNTS WILL BE UPDATED AND YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE PRODUCT ALL OVER AGAIN, WE ALSO SUGGEST YOU UN INSTALL CURRENT PRODUCT AND INSTALL NEW ONE.NEW CUSTOMERS, WILL GET THE UPDATED VERSION ONCE THEY PURCHASE.
Best regards

Prowler

peter12213
November 8th, 2012, 15:29
Awesome cant wait!

ZEUS67
November 11th, 2012, 09:12
Another MK-2 feature:

Hunting for TEXACO. My AV-8B about to rendezvous with a KC-130 air tanker call sign TEXACO for air-refueling. Free flight. The tanker can be spawned by the pilot only once in every flight. It will appear at 50 nm at 23,000 feet and will fly a racetrack pattern waiting for you.

Tartuffe
November 11th, 2012, 13:11
Thanks !

Stickshaker
November 11th, 2012, 13:26
Hello Prowler,

Do the improvements in the flight model also pertain to the transition from vertical to normal flight?

doublecool
November 11th, 2012, 13:30
Really looking forard to this update

One of the Best Releases of the year...and getting better

ZEUS67
November 11th, 2012, 15:09
Hello Prowler,

Do the improvements in the flight model also pertain to the transition from vertical to normal flight?

Since the transitions depends on the engine, the answer is yes.

Prowler1111
November 13th, 2012, 04:17
Gents
The AV-8B Harrier II Plus MK-2 is now available. It is a free upgrade for those who have already purchased it. Just logon to your account and download it again. Your counters have been reset. Expired links have been reset as well.The upgrade includes a manual. The only thing missing from the manual is how to use of the tanker. It was incorporated too late for being included in the manual.
To use the KC-130:
1. Shift+G (Toggle tail wheel lock) will call/dismiss the tanker.
2. The tanker will always appear 50 nm from aircraft present position.
3. To find the tanker, you must use the TACAN (read the manual for how to use the TACAN):
3.1 Activate the TACAN
3.2 Select A/A.
3.3 The INS must be in NAV
3.4 You will get steering cues in the HUD towards tanker position.
4. The tanker will remain flying a 30x60 nm racetrack path. It will remain in position until dismissed or running out of fuel, whichever occurs first. It has plenty of fuel so it can remain aloft for hours.

Read the manual regarding air refueling.

Best regards

Prowler

Victory103
November 13th, 2012, 11:16
Great news, can't wait to test out the KC-130 and new avionics improvements.

CG_1976
November 13th, 2012, 11:21
Hum, I guess i'll have to dust off the Kestral and start hunting Harrier Prey lol. Nah it just means Razbam gets me for a Dec. Order. Excellent job Razbam and Team on the Harrier.