PDA

View Full Version : Iris download?

oakfloor
August 19th, 2012, 13:38
I tried to get a BD-5, went thru all the steps, hit checkout button and nothing.. where's the download link?

falcon409
August 19th, 2012, 14:42
Go to their Facebook page and leave a message there. You won't get much here.:salute:

oakfloor
August 19th, 2012, 18:39
Go to their Facebook page and leave a message there. You won't get much here.:salute:
Yes now I remember, Why dont they just take down there web site if there not going to sale anything?

falcon409
August 19th, 2012, 20:56
Yes now I remember, Why dont they just take down there web site if there not going to sale anything?
Selling it isn't the problem, they are releasing new stuff as we speak and will continue to do so, it's getting in touch with them if you have a problem. They seem to operate more from the Facebook page on a daily basis. I don't really go to their website any more as I've posted questions in their support forum that went unanswered, but they do seem to respond better on FB.:salute:

rcbarend
August 20th, 2012, 17:03
Selling it isn't the problem, they are releasing new stuff as we speak and will continue to do so, it's getting in touch with them if you have a problem. They seem to operate more from the Facebook page on a daily basis. I don't really go to their website any more as I've posted questions in their support forum that went unanswered, but they do seem to respond better on FB.:salute:
Hi Ed,

Just as a sidenote:
Actually, what you state "...they do seem to respond better on FB.." is a very disturbing (IMO) fact these days.
As if Facebook is becoming the new world-wide-web these days.

Untill now, I've managed to stay away from a Facebook account.
More or less by principle, because personally I find the way a commercial organisation is taking over the WWW, is very disturbing.
Heck, I can't even access the information of my local grocery store anymore without becoming a Facebook member; and having to "Like" members.... As far as I'm concerned, this Facebook-hype is turning into something ugly without anyone realising it ....

Not directed to you, but more in general ....
But maybe I'm getting too old for the Internet; in spite of me being younger then you are :)

Best regards, Rob

oakfloor
August 20th, 2012, 20:46
They did return my email, and said try agian in two weeks.

Hanimichal
August 21st, 2012, 03:04
After making the purchase, I tried for one month up to receive the purchase
Emails, facebook and 3 time via "Contact Us" in their website
But only after posted here I received confirmation
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?69136-Add-on-bought-from-IRIS-but-never-received-any-help&highlight=Hanimichal

warchild
August 21st, 2012, 08:55
I tend to agree with RCBerand. Facebook is getting to be monsterous. Yes, it allows developers like iris and myself to reach a massive potential customer base, but, it weaves this advertisement potential in with everything. You can no longer change the channel or ignore something. it pops up on your home page and everywhere else.. I'm finding myself more disgusted by it each day, but, because of facebook, Paul and I can get the SU-37 out to a great majority of people. We cant do that here, but i do wish there were a better solution..
Try sending an email to david at david(at)irissimulations.com.au. He should get that, although at the moment, i believe he is out of town on a business trip.

PS, i'm here and do listen and watch, but i'm not much good if its not a flight model issue, and most of you folks never have any complaints about my flight models, so not much i can do to help with other Iris issues..Sorry.