PDA

View Full Version : Carenado C337

Mach3DS
August 18th, 2012, 18:25
I recently picked up the c337 from Carenado and love it. I have found a few things that are kind of buggy, or items that don't seem to work correctly. The suction guage seems to INop and stuck in a position beyond the max suction scale. The aux fuel pumps don't all generate sound when turned on. The mixture controls vs gauge appear to be in reverse. So when I lean the mixture out it increases the fuel flow on the lbs/hr guage, BUT the correct application is what counts. So you still need to lean the mixture and it works correctly, you're just having to read the guage the other way. I'm also losing almost all MP by about 11,500' MSL. I'm running on about 16"MP at this altitude and the thing will only climb at 200 fpm. The manual says to use KIAS of 120-140 for cruise climb and that iimpossible at this point. I can definitely work around all this but if I'm missing ssomething let me know as I'm very much interested in this aircraft and really like the qualities of her aside from the few bugs mentioned.

Edit. I purchased fromPC aviator.

snow_white
August 19th, 2012, 00:16
over at avsim there is a dedicated carenado section for the 337.
Most of these has been raised there. So maybe a good idea to go there and see what was posted and how it was corrected etc etc etc..!

bstolle
August 20th, 2012, 05:06
I'm also losing almost all MP by about 11,500' MSL. I'm running on about 16"MP at this altitude and the thing will only climb at 200 fpm. The manual says to use KIAS of 120-140 for cruise climb and that iimpossible at this point.

Well, it's not a turbo 337. The POH mentions a maximum MP of 17" (56% BHP) at 12500ft and a maximum speed of 150kts (ISA conditions of course!). R U sure you are leaning to approx peak EGT ?