PDA

View Full Version : For music lovers...a real blast from the past

Rami
August 17th, 2012, 21:04
Hey guys,

Being a teacher, I'm always looking for new ideas. I stumbled across this a couple of days ago, and have been finding ways to integrate a "music sample of the era" into my lessons for this coming year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LucaC1993Production?feature=watch

I am amazed not only at the breadth of recordings available, but the stunning quality of these pieces. I've really only listened to the 1920s, ("The Jazz Age") and am stunned by the differences between "The Charleston" recording of 1923 versus 1925.

God bless whomever this person is cataloging these classics...

Jagdflieger
August 17th, 2012, 22:53
Thanks for that Rami.

I've always liked the Swing from the 40s. I guess because my parents, both WWII vets, thought that Swing was the highest form of popular music. They never could understand my brother and I thinking the Beatles and the Stones were worth listening to when they were on the charts in the 60s.

Naismith
August 17th, 2012, 22:55
What an excellent find, thanks for posting. There are some fascinating links as well off that page. I only hope whoever is documenting this doesn`t run into any copyright issues.

brad kaste
August 18th, 2012, 04:52
Rami,..............most excellent find. I've bookmarked a few sights similar to this one. But by far,...this one is the best. Thanks for posting.

luckydog
August 18th, 2012, 09:12
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Sascha66
August 18th, 2012, 14:42
Wow. an instant favorite of mine! Amazing selection and quality! Thank you sir!