PDA

View Full Version : P3D Build 1.4 Official Announcement

Lionheart
August 17th, 2012, 10:28
Hey all,

On the News page at the Prepar3d.com website, it is announced that on August 20th, the new Build 1.4 will be launched. For owners of P3, the download is a simple update (I have no idea how bit the file size is).

Monday Monday!

:D :jump:

DaveWG
August 17th, 2012, 10:38
Looking forward to V1.4, but there isn't an update patch Bill, you need to download the whole thing.

From the P3d forum:

Prepar3D 1.4 will require a full download (approximately 10 GB). There will be no upgrade patch (smaller download) for this release...

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1510

Lionheart
August 17th, 2012, 13:59
That is what I gathered as well. I am hoping they will have a 1.4 download link to a 'package' on Monday, but it just may be a full download is required.

Bill

bluenose33
August 18th, 2012, 13:22
Hi, this is my first post to this forum so please bear with me :icon_lol:

The installation instructions advise uninstalling the previous version...but before uninstalling the previous version, that you back up any additional content ( models, configurations, scenery etc) before continuing with the uninstall of v1.3
Are we looking at scenery.cfg which has additional add-ons included..eg. airports, UTX, etc. as well as prepar3d.cfg, and aircraft files ?

I am not clear as to the proper way to back up and to be able to reinstall into v1.4 Can you give me some suggestions /
Thanks
Skip

Lionheart
August 19th, 2012, 21:44
Hey Skip,

Sounds like we'll need the entire thing. Just read on it over there. Hopefully they'll put up some better details on what needs to be done.

Tomorrow evening, East coast time zone. Means about noon to 1PM tomorrow my time.

This is like waiting for a new iOS update to come out for iPhone and iPad, lol... Christmas! :D

CG_1976
August 19th, 2012, 22:07
Looks like for me in SA TX this may take about 6 days to dl err. Do we have any SA TX members who fly Prepar3D??

warchild
August 20th, 2012, 07:58
Well, its a full download of approximately ten gigs in size, broken up into three files. I just started mine.. Download speeds look pretty good, but, those are some huge files and its gonna take a while..

CG_1976
August 20th, 2012, 08:58
The network im on with TW is damaged. ETA to completion 4-6 days for prepar3d. I hate sub dial up speed.

norab
August 20th, 2012, 09:09
It says Bill's Mooney is included, along with a bird from IRIS

Lionheart
August 20th, 2012, 10:13
It says Bill's Mooney is included, along with a bird from IRIS

I saw that! I hope you all enjoy it. That girl is FUN! I had a blast making that one.

I think what I am going to do, so I have zero legacy and spare parts, is rename my present folder (when its done downloading) and install a clean, pure new folder for the 1.4. This way its cold start and no bugs. Then transfer all the packages over.

I feel like a little kid, getting a very very cool present... lol... :jump:

Bill

Crusader
August 21st, 2012, 09:44
I saw that! I hope you all enjoy it. That girl is FUN! I had a blast making that one.

I think what I am going to do, so I have zero legacy and spare parts, is rename my present folder (when its done downloading) and install a clean, pure new folder for the 1.4. This way its cold start and no bugs. Then transfer all the packages over.

I feel like a little kid, getting a very very cool present... lol... :jump:

Bill

Thought about doing the exact same thing Bill . Seems like a good idea to keep the confusion to a minimum (for me:icon_lol:).

Rich