PDA

View Full Version : A20 Havoc?

Daveroo
August 17th, 2012, 07:01
we have so many of the popular planes,and new versions of those popular planes are being built which are all highly cool,like A2As up coming 172 will be personally exciting as i dont care for the "stock FSX" version,but id love to see an A26 havoc,bomber version or night fighter,,,,,i like the fact it was single pilot ( rare for a USA aircraft?) and narrow like a fighter ( PS,yes i know fighters are single ilot,but look at the hudson,all versions of it were single pilot except the US version witch had a co-pilot)

Sundog
August 17th, 2012, 15:04
Back right before Alphasim became Virtavia, I thought they were working on one, but I haven't heard anything since. I would love a Boston/A-20G/P-70 package myself, as well.

strikehawk
August 17th, 2012, 17:58
Back right before Alphasim became Virtavia, I thought they were working on one, but I haven't heard anything since. I would love a Boston/A-20G/P-70 package myself, as well.

Same here, I find that other than the planes that I had actually worked on in the Navy I have added almost every bird I built in model form from when I was a kid. The A-20 is one of those that I built but have never found a good FS model. I did find a repaint for the freeware AS one that was done in the boxart of the Revell Boston, to bad it was a port over and unfortunately it showed.

Milton Shupe
August 17th, 2012, 18:47
I have the A20 Havoc and B26 Marauder on my list to do next year assuming I can find good 3-views. But, for FS9. What you guys need is a great payware model of each.

Daveroo
August 18th, 2012, 06:01
I have the A20 Havoc and B26 Marauder on my list to do next year assuming I can find good 3-views. But, for FS9. What you guys need is a great payware model of each.
no...we need someone who will step up and FSX native your version,i know it takes work,but if you are going to make a great plane for FS9,and it can be "rebuilt"? for fsx native?..well why not, so "we" can fly uncle milts planes too!!......we all love your planes milton.....

Firekitten
August 18th, 2012, 06:15

Milton... you model a havoc, and I will give you my first born, left leg, right arm, and all the havoc texture you can eat.

Milton Shupe
August 18th, 2012, 06:29
no...we need someone who will step up and FSX native your version,i know it takes work,but if you are going to make a great plane for FS9,and it can be "rebuilt"? for fsx native?..well why not, so "we" can fly uncle milts planes too!!......we all love your planes milton.....

That's mighty kind of you to say Dave. :-)

Milton... you model a havoc, and I will give you my first born, left leg, right arm, and all the havoc texture you can eat.

Oh my! Uh, no to the first born ... already done my duty. :-)

alain0568
August 18th, 2012, 09:52
Hello,

A A20, excellent news!!:applause:
And even if it is only for FS9!
Your other aircraft fs9 work very well in FSX!
Milton thank you for your work!
cordially

Alain

fliger747
August 19th, 2012, 15:52
I am always amazed at how difficult some of the medium sized WWII planes were to enter! The Eh20 must be about at the top of the list! Interesting plane for all of the roles it was adapted for, including night fighter.

T

stansdds
August 20th, 2012, 09:19
Very adaptable plane, but not all that great as a night fighter, mostly due to poor climb performance and poor overall performance at high altitudes. At lower altitudes it was a formidable attack aircraft. The A-20 series has been long overlooked in FS9 and FSX. A Milton Shupe FS9 version ported into FSX would be a great addition to the FSX fleet. As for the payware comment, Milton, your aircraft are every bit as good as and sometimes better than the payware offerings.

Milton Shupe
August 20th, 2012, 11:11
I have asked the FS9 forum inhabitants to assist with data collection and so far they have done an excellent job. If all goes as planned, I should be able to start it by mid-Winter.

My challenge today is not having a panel/gauge team member anymore. My only expertise is modeling/mapping, and capable of doing flight models. Fortunately we have been blessed with great sounds, textures and FM contributors.

But, lacking a panel and gauge designer puts me at a distinct disadvantage to getting anything done and I question how I might move forward with only parts of a package.

Our team has always developed our own components but this year I had to release the Avia series using default and freeware gauges with permissions. I prefer not to do this in the future.