PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading FSX

Montie
August 16th, 2012, 00:43
For last two weeks I have been having problems loading FSX. Either it stop loading at 69% where its loading/adjusting the autogen or it stops at 83% where it is creating the world wide weather (clear weather theme selected). I can not figure out what is wrong, tried a repair today and that did not help. Anybody got an idea?

IanHenry
August 16th, 2012, 02:40
Montie,
one thing that you can try (and it will be a pain to do) is to remove your scenery folder from your FSX instalation, do a repair, then copy your old scenery folder back into FSX. When it asks you if you want to overwrite any files, say no. If that doesn't cure your problem, do the same for Autogen, Effects etc, carry on until you find the culprit (like I said it will be a pain, but I suppose you could do several folders at once).

Good luck,
Ian.

Montie
August 16th, 2012, 08:12
Thanks Ian! I could not get it working though, so currently re-installing everything:isadizzy:

IanHenry
August 16th, 2012, 08:23
Probably the best thing to do. I like to re-install mine periodically, I normaly do a complete re-format of everything (I keep my flight sim programs on a dedicated computer)

Regards,
Ian.

Dain Arns
August 16th, 2012, 09:11
I was having similar problems with a scenery addon when loading the particular area as a default flight.
Sometimes it wasn't even getting past 0%.
Nothing wrong with the addon or aircraft separately, but apparently FSX didn't like using them together for a default flight. :isadizzy:

Soon as I created another save all was well. :kilroy: