PDA

View Full Version : Any users of Flight1 UT2

jeansy
August 15th, 2012, 18:18
Im just wondering if any of users out there that use Flight1 UT2 that are interested, Ive been converting the textures of all the aircraft to .dds format

Since doing that Ive noticed a quite a significant performance increase with AI running and have been able to increase the number of AI with ease

so far ive done around 2600 files and got about the same to do

If anyone is interested im more than happy to share the textures, although its about 2 gig worth, so it may be a torrent file as I dont have a FTP handy

DennyA
August 15th, 2012, 18:26
Oh, yes, I'd love that. :)

Spikehughes
August 15th, 2012, 21:03
That sounds great... would certainly be interested....

Spike

Naismith
August 15th, 2012, 22:12
me too, I admire the time this must have taken.

jeansy
August 15th, 2012, 23:00
me too, I admire the time this must have taken.

it gets a little quiet on night shift at times, i was able to 10hrs straight the other night which knocked over a huge chunk, the mouse finger wasnt too impressed that afternoon

got 4 nights coming up, so i should be able to get a lot done unless i have admin to do

Montie
August 15th, 2012, 23:43
I am also interested!

IanHenry
August 16th, 2012, 00:02
That sounds great, I would love to have it!

Regards,
Biggles.

flewpastu
August 16th, 2012, 02:51
Count me in

Bill

Damien
August 16th, 2012, 08:53
Very interested. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

-Damien

metalman739
August 16th, 2012, 09:02
This would be great.

Scratch
August 16th, 2012, 13:31
Count me in also!

bruce448
August 16th, 2012, 14:48
Matt, Me also

Much appreciated

Bruce

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 16th, 2012, 15:03
would be intrested in your hard work here too

Brian_Gladden
August 16th, 2012, 15:06
I uninstalled UT 2. Never had any ai flying anywhere. The occasional 737 or crj but that's it. Went back to MRAI/PAI/WOAI and I have all the AI I could want

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 16th, 2012, 15:18
never had a problem with it been one of my best purchases

Freds
August 16th, 2012, 15:29
I'd love to have that package too.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Felixthreeone
August 16th, 2012, 16:08
Jeansy,

...ABSOLUTELY!! I would love to have native-format textures on these planes!!! That sounds like a long and tedious process, but count me in when you finish!!!

Freds
November 19th, 2012, 15:08
How is the progress on this project. Looking very much forward to the result and love to have the file.

falcon409
November 19th, 2012, 15:59
I uninstalled UT 2. Never had any ai flying anywhere. The occasional 737 or crj but that's it. Went back to MRAI/PAI/WOAI and I have all the AI I could want
I haven't uninstalled mine Brian, but based on what it says it does and what I have gotten thus far, not impressed at all. I think I ran it once when I purchased it, supposedly to set everything in motion and never messed with it after that. I thought it would be neat to have something other than the lame default AI that came with FSX. . . .but the fact is I don't fly Commercial aircraft at all so I don't ever fly into the larger/busiest airports, they're usually frame hogs if there's more than 6 AI aircraft sitting there and the amount of GA flights created by UT seems to be almost non-existent. Just another utility I wasted money on basically.

Brian_Gladden
November 19th, 2012, 16:18
I haven't uninstalled mine Brian, but based on what it says it does and what I have gotten thus far, not impressed at all. I think I ran it once when I purchased it, supposedly to set everything in motion and never messed with it after that. I thought it would be neat to have something other than the lame default AI that came with FSX. . . .but the fact is I don't fly Commercial aircraft at all so I don't ever fly into the larger/busiest airports, they're usually frame hogs if there's more than 6 AI aircraft sitting there and the amount of GA flights created by UT seems to be almost non-existent. Just another utility I wasted money on basically.

I bought Traffic X first. Pretty much a joke. The flight plans were ridiculous. at KBTV (Burlington VT) it had a United RJ-85 (Haven't seen one of those at BTV in over 10 years) on a flight to LAX (huh?). Also the traffic was very light.

So I plopped down another $30 and got UT II. More accurate flight plans but no where near the level of traffic that several of the smaller "regional" airports I fly into normally have. Now my system is pretty high powered so I can run lots of AI so I uninstalled UT II and went back to my old FS9 AI packages. Works fine on my system.

thetford569
November 19th, 2012, 17:27
I will echo what has been said here in that I would be very interested in this!

Brandon