PDA

View Full Version : Milviz 50% Off Sale

MenendezDiego
August 15th, 2012, 17:57
Beginning this Friday until the 5th of September, Milviz will be holding a 50% off sale on all our products. Choose from such titles as the Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle (AVSIM Gold Star Winner), the T-38A Talon, Beechcraft Baron B-55 Light GA Twin, and more! As always, when purchasing from our site, you have a 30 day money back guarantee if you’re not happy with your product. If you’ve missed out on buying our products in the past, this Friday through September 5th is your chance to get them half off! Head on over to our site, and happy flying: http://www.milviz.com/fs/news.php

All the best, Diego

skyhawka4m
August 15th, 2012, 18:48
I may dabble in the F-15E finally.

dandog
August 15th, 2012, 19:16
Yay, Beech 55 time!!!

CG_1976
August 15th, 2012, 20:07
Well such im on Randolph AFB, I cant resist the T-38. Darn AF instructors wont let sit in one, no Coasties allowed lol.

danyboy21
August 15th, 2012, 20:50
Good news ! ! !

The T-38 is for me :jump:

Lionheart
August 15th, 2012, 22:26
Thanks for the heads up Diego!

I will be there.

Bill

krazycolin
August 17th, 2012, 04:42
The sale has begun. Please remember, if you are purchasing from our site, your anti-virus needs to be OFF for downloading and installing.

Thanks.

Dain Arns
August 17th, 2012, 06:26
Beginning this Friday until the 5th of September, Milviz will be holding a 50% off sale on all our products...

But, not all of the products are on sale, unfortunately.
None of the three helicopters available or the Cessna 310R, for example.

Only on sale are the F-15E, T-38, and Beech 55, apparently.

Daube
August 17th, 2012, 06:28
The sale has begun. Please remember, if you are purchasing from our site, your anti-virus needs to be OFF for downloading and installing.

Thanks.

Is it possible to download on a computer (office), but install on another one (home) ?

krazycolin
August 17th, 2012, 06:30
The choppers are not MV products... they are ND/MV products... however, you may find them on sale at other locations... (edit... correct!)

For the 310R off of F1, I've emailed them and asked them to do it but it's out of my hands....

And yes, you can download at work and install at home... just remember that you need to turn off antivirus software on your home computer before you load them up....

krazycolin
August 17th, 2012, 06:38
here's the coupon for the 310....71000

Hanimichal
August 17th, 2012, 06:48
OK
I purchased it from fspilotshop.

How can I register in yours forum?

krazycolin
August 17th, 2012, 06:54
contact roadburner440 at milviz dot com

Damien
August 17th, 2012, 07:27
Are all your models updated to the most recent patches or am I going to have to go find the patches? Downloading the 310, the T-38 and the B55..

-Damien

krazycolin
August 17th, 2012, 07:37
Yes, they are all updated. That said, we will be doing a new SP for the B-55 but that will come out later...

Damien
August 17th, 2012, 07:58
Just a heads up, I keep getting a "This is not a valid coupon" for the coupon/picture file you provided on the 310.

-Damien

Hanimichal
August 17th, 2012, 08:43
contact roadburner440 at milviz dot com

Thanks

krazycolin
August 17th, 2012, 08:53
Buy it from somewhere else whilst I get that fixed... I can't do it right now... sorry...

papab
August 17th, 2012, 10:29
Hey Folks,
You can buy them all over at Just Flight!

Heres the link: http://justflight.com/

Rick

Damien
August 17th, 2012, 11:03
Buy it from somewhere else whilst I get that fixed... I can't do it right now... sorry...

No problem. Just picked it up at Just Flight as mentioned below and also picked up the CH-47.

Excellent job on the T-38!

-Damien

CG_1976
August 17th, 2012, 12:01
Any paints for the T-38?? Be it real or fictional.

Dain Arns
August 17th, 2012, 12:15
Hey Folks,
You can buy them all over at Just Flight!

Heres the link: http://justflight.com/

Rick

Thank for that info. :applause:
I missed getting the Skycrane when it was released, but took care of that now via JF. :wavey:

n4gix
August 17th, 2012, 12:26

There should be some at avsim.com in the library...

Be sure to download our free T-38A AI package, which includes the airbases where T-38A's were used, as well as many AI training sorties.

We also have an F-15E AI package available with additional airbases, AI flights and some training missions!

CG_1976
August 17th, 2012, 12:53
There should be some at avsim.com in the library...

Be sure to download our free T-38A AI package, which includes the airbases where T-38A's were used, as well as many AI training sorties.

We also have an F-15E AI package available with additional airbases, AI flights and some training missions!

Hope it has Randolph AFB. I have Jim's Corpus NAS/CGAS.

Victory103
August 17th, 2012, 14:17

There are some of the normal download places, but also on the Milviz forums. I've been playing USN test pilot with a Navy red/white Pax River scheme for awhile now!

rayhere48
August 17th, 2012, 14:26
Could you list the download site for the F15 airbases, I have looked around and not found them yet. I just got to F15 and T38, now looking forward to flying them. Thanks for any help.

P38man
August 17th, 2012, 16:49
I read that only Milviz is on 50% discount and that nd/milviz are not.

That would mean the Chinook is not on sale. On the Chinook page it says it is "on sale now" though.

Is it on sale or not?

Furthermore is there a PDF I can look at prior to purchasing or not ?
(I don't want to buy and use your 30 day policy, too much hassle)

Thanks, looking forward to the Stuka !

krazycolin
August 17th, 2012, 17:02
It's on sale but not off of our site. Our site says BUY NOW! and not on sale. Please remember, it's not a MV product. There are some sites on which it is for sale... I can't name them as that would be... advertising for portals... As far as manuals for it go, I don't seem to have one online, sorry. Again, it's not really a MV product. It was given a good(ish) review by the people over at HC....

krazycolin
August 17th, 2012, 17:03
Could you list the download site for the F15 airbases, I have looked around and not found them yet. I just got to F15 and T38, now looking forward to flying them. Thanks for any help.

Check out our forums.

Please do remember however, that we provide NO SUPPORT for these. Should you experience issues, problems what have you either in installing or using them, we are probably not going to be able to help you.

They were checked for operation and seemed to work (for most people as well)

I know about the coupon and am having issues with making it work.

papab
August 17th, 2012, 18:46
I read that only Milviz is on 50% discount and that nd/milviz are not.

That would mean the Chinook is not on sale. On the Chinook page it says it is "on sale now" though.

Is it on sale or not?

Furthermore is there a PDF I can look at prior to purchasing or not ?
(I don't want to buy and use your 30 day policy, too much hassle)

Thanks, looking forward to the Stuka !

Go to www.justflight.com (http://www.justflight.com) and get the chinook 1/2 off
rick

P38man
August 18th, 2012, 01:07
Thanks Colin - btw your website says this "ON SALE NOW. CLICK BUY NOW!!" under "Download Information"
http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=Chinook

Thanks a bunch, Rick!

No PDF though so will give it a miss.

thunder100
August 18th, 2012, 02:03
here's the coupon for the 310....71000

Still the F1 installer doest accept that coupon unfortunately

Roland

krazycolin
August 18th, 2012, 03:07
Ok... let's get these dealt with...

The coupon now works. It's now on the website as well so you can grab it there....

Second, on the chinook. When we write, "On sale now" it means that the product is available. Not ON SALE. No PDF, no purchase? That's silly when you consider that a: it's half off and b: it's an easy return. Nonetheless, I include here a link to the PDF. www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/nd_ch47_fsx_manual.pdf (http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/nd_ch47_fsx_manual.pdf)

ph0n9
August 18th, 2012, 04:13
Thanks for the news, now the T-38 is for me!!! :cost1:

regards
Uwe

Daube
August 18th, 2012, 07:27
Ah ah, I have finally picked up the F-15. Didn't test it yet.
I also bought the Baron B-55, after a long hesitation with the Carenado B-58... The B-55 looks nice, I could test it, but I kept getting out of memory errors when trying to load a flight at Darrington or Concrete ? :blind:
A flight at Sekiu, in the middle of nowhere, worked fine though, so I could test the plane. High toll on the FPS, I hope the F-15 is not the same...

Daube
August 18th, 2012, 14:09
Having purchased from JustFlight, I wonder if my products are really up to date with the patches.
The versions of the installers are:
- 1.0.0.0 for the Baron
- 1.1.0.74 for the F-15
It looks like the Baron is not patched yet, right ?

strykerpsg
August 18th, 2012, 22:44
Picked up the Chinook and Talon, flying em tomorrow. Thanks Colin!

dvj
August 19th, 2012, 09:16
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/693its_a_keeper.jpg

krazycolin
August 19th, 2012, 10:42
Again, they are ALL patched and up to date.

William Njurmi
August 19th, 2012, 11:12
A great and much awaited sale, thank you.

Why do I have the Beech twice? E55 and B55? What´s the diffrence, can I delete another?

doublecool
August 19th, 2012, 11:29
260 HP
the E is 285 HP:applause::wavey:

krazycolin
August 19th, 2012, 11:30
They have different FDE's... try them both...

William Njurmi
August 19th, 2012, 11:55
Wilco, thanks.

Cirrus N210MS
August 19th, 2012, 12:26
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/325147_4136711949729_874178301_o.jpg

Thoe6969
August 19th, 2012, 14:25
I also bought the Baron B-55, after a long hesitation with the Carenado B-58... The B-55 looks nice, I could test it, but I kept getting out of memory errors when trying to load a flight at Darrington or Concrete ? :blind:
A flight at Sekiu, in the middle of nowhere, worked fine though, so I could test the plane. High toll on the FPS, I hope the F-15 is not the same... Thought it was just me,I bought the 55 also and get a very low framerate in PNW

krazycolin
August 19th, 2012, 14:33
I'm not sure why you're having FPS issues... there does, however, seem to be some who are... I'd like to find out what the constant is....

So, for those who are experiencing slow frames, please pm me your system specs and your addons that are running.

thanks,

DennyA
August 19th, 2012, 18:09
Will the sale prices be hitting sites like JustFlight.com? I realize you guys make more off direct sales, but I have some credit there, so had to ask. :) If not, the 50% off is awesome savings as-is.

Gonna get the Talon, and probably the F-15E while I wait for the pure F-15C. :)

Any chance that F-15C package will include an F-15D, since you've already modeled that nice 2-seat canopy? Got to fly in one at Tyndall, and would love an F-15D for FSX.

krazycolin
August 19th, 2012, 18:58
The sale is on already at JF.

We're making a C only. No D.

dandog
August 19th, 2012, 20:24
Crazy Colin,
I am having FPS issues. I do have a low end machine. It is a 2.6 Core 2 Duo with 800 Mgh FSB and 4 gigs of ram. My low end vid card is a Nvidia 9400GT. The B55 cuts my fps from 30 on most other AC to 10-12. I can't taxi smoothly, and that is my "go, no go" breaking point. Plus, how do I brighten the gauges? The VC is sooo dark.

I WANNA FLY THIS ONE!!!

Thank you!
Daniel

Sorry, no PM, just facts. I have nothing to hide and no shame in my game.

ps. Like the Avitar. Cover the face and attack the base!!

DennyA
August 19th, 2012, 21:24
The sale is on already at JF.
Ah, I missed the coupon code image on their page!

We're making a C only. No D.
Bummer. :(

krazycolin
August 19th, 2012, 21:35
Crazy Colin,
I am having FPS issues. I do have a low end machine. It is a 2.6 Core 2 Duo with 800 Mgh FSB and 4 gigs of ram. My low end vid card is a Nvidia 9400GT. The B55 cuts my fps from 30 on most other AC to 10-12. I can't taxi smoothly, and that is my "go, no go" breaking point. Plus, how do I brighten the gauges? The VC is sooo dark.

I WANNA FLY THIS ONE!!!

Thank you!
Daniel

Sorry, no PM, just facts. I have nothing to hide and no shame in my game.

ps. Like the Avitar. Cover the face and attack the base!!

Edit: did you change your max texture load setting? if so, put it back down to 1K... that might help...

DennyA
August 19th, 2012, 22:38
Bought the T-38 and F-15 both! I'll have to just sit in the back seat of the F-15E and pretend it's the real fighter version. :)

I assume there's an awesome Thunderbirds paint for the T-38... Too late at night to install it right now, alas, or I'll end up staying up crazy late flying around. (EDIT: I peeked. Nice, all the T-birds. :)

krazycolin
August 20th, 2012, 06:33
The choppers are now "On SALE". Coupons are in the files.

Please note that the F-15E is still, the ONLY plane in the world that is capable of doing locks, shoot downs and kills in either single player (free flight) and multi-player...

Cirrus N210MS
August 20th, 2012, 06:50
i am really Enjoying The F-15E Thanks for the Great addon :salute:

How would one Fire weapons online games?? When i try to fire Aim 9 It does not fire Though Does get a Lock on Tone

krazycolin
August 20th, 2012, 07:04
you may have a lock but not the requirements for a shot.

Check the videos online or our forums for more info.

For online games... you have to find someone to fly/shoot with...

I suggest something like... vUSAF.

n4gix
August 20th, 2012, 07:26
Plus, how do I brighten the gauges? The VC is sooo dark.

There are three knobs on the lowest part of the center console. Use 'em all!

dandog
August 20th, 2012, 09:10
Edit: did you change your max texture load setting? if so, put it back down to 1K... that might help...

Max texturre load is 1024.

krazycolin
August 20th, 2012, 10:10
Please contact me by PM.

delta_lima
August 20th, 2012, 10:47
Thinking about the T-38 (would be my first MV purchase) ....

How is the FPS on this product? Have a low-end system, would appreciate feedback. Not suggesting the product has issues - it looks fantastic in reviews. Just some products are aimed at higher end machines, and if that's the case, I completely understand.

Thanks,

DL

mbmorgan
August 20th, 2012, 11:32
Thinking about the T-38 (would be my first MV purchase) ....

How is the FPS on this product? Have a low-end system, would appreciate feedback. Not suggesting the product has issues - it looks fantastic in reviews. Just some products are aimed at higher end machines, and if that's the case, I completely understand.

Thanks,

DL

DL,

I'm not sure what constitutes a low-end system these days ... but on my Core I5-750 oc'd to 3.7 GHz with 8 GB RAM and an aging 9800 GT video card, I see NO adverse FPS effect when flying the T-38. I'd suggest that you check out this review (http://www.avsim.com/pages/0911/Milviz/T38.html), the Milviz return policy, then give it a try. You're not likely to be disappointed with either the aircraft or the support those folks provide ... and no, I don't work for them.

Have fun,
Mike

krazycolin
August 20th, 2012, 11:32
The T-38 will work on lower end systems. It has no glass and no gps. It's all steam. No funny stuff.

Try it from our site and, if you find you have issues... you can return it within 30 days. No questions asked.

Roadburner440
August 20th, 2012, 12:47
The T-38 should be good on your system. As Colin said we do have the 30 day return policy.. The only time I have ever had issues with the T-38 (or any other aircraft for that matter) is flying it in to any of the Aerosoft US Cities X sceneries with full custom 3D buildings, or whenever I turn autogen up really high. As long as you have a system that runs FSX decently you should be good to go.

imn2sims
August 20th, 2012, 13:23
Got the F-15 late Friday and really liked it UNTIL I tried to "end flight" and return to the "free flight" screen. Computer hangs up with a black screen and only way I can get back is to CTRL_ALT_DEL and bring up task manager then the FSX ""free flight" window pops back up on it's own. And it's not only the F-15 now, it did it on ALL aircraft. I figured it was one of the dll modules causing the problem so I retrieved the dll.xml file from before the install and now FSX works OK but of course the F-15 doesn't function correctly without the modules being called. I went to the Milviz forums and searched but found no answer. Also can't find any type of uninstall so now I'm kind of unsure how to proceed. Has anyone else had this problem?

Steve

Roadburner440
August 20th, 2012, 13:26
That would be a new one to me. Do you have a forum account? If not email me at Roadburner440 at milviz dot com and I will get you set up with one. Not sure what the DLL would be doing to your FSX install, but we will certaintly look in to it.

imn2sims
August 20th, 2012, 13:42
Wow, that was fast!! Yes I have an account. Also, just had a look at the Quick Setup PDF and it references an uninstaller directory ".....Airplanes\Milviz F-15E\Uninstaller" that was not created on my install.
Steve

Daube
August 20th, 2012, 15:15
A flight at Sekiu, in the middle of nowhere, worked fine though, so I could test the plane. High toll on the FPS, I hope the F-15 is not the same...
Just to keep the topic updated, on a positive note: I managed to prevent the crashes and drastically reduce the FPS impact of the Baron :)
I had to lower some of my in-game settings (texture_max_load set back to 1024 as well) that were a bit too optimistic for sure, but mainly I had to re-enable the Windows Virtual Memory (paging file). My sim was crashing because it was always getting too close to the max memory usage for Windows. After creating the paging file fixed to 2048 Mb, I could achieve my first flight with the Baron B-55, from Concrete Mun to Darrington Mun, by night (to try these Lotus lights... which are great 8) ) and successfully land and go to the parking without a scratch.
Happy finally :)

TeaSea
August 20th, 2012, 16:02
I got's me a Cessna 310R......it's cool.

krazycolin
August 25th, 2012, 02:19
One more weekend!