PDA

View Full Version : happy new year by Oleg!

HundertzehnGustav
December 31st, 2008, 10:44
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=63730&postcount=12

Nausicaa
December 31st, 2008, 10:55
Oh man !! Thats great pictures--

Happy New Year Oleg and keep up the great work....we are all expecting SoW BoB with immense hope to set a benchmark for the next gen combat flight sim.

:ernae::ernae::medals:

HundertzehnGustav
December 31st, 2008, 12:04
beat ya this time around...

ndicki
January 1st, 2009, 04:56
Well, when you go burning past at 300 mph, you'll really see all those details...

But I have to admit, I'm impressed. I wonder though what kind of fps you'd get with graphics that detailed that the grass is modelled.

Nausicaa
January 1st, 2009, 05:07
Actually, if you look at current PS3 and xbox graphics, those SoWBoB graphics don't look that awesome anymore. Just standard really. Have a look at the IL2 Birds of Prey graphics that will be released for PS3 this year. They are absolutely awesome, FSX almost looks like an old lady compared to them at least for ground etc. They are so awesome many people mistook it for the new BoB engine and thought Oleg had sold the game out to the console crowd. In fact, Oleg said since that the final SoW BoB will look better than this. We'll see.
I am much more interested in the non visible aspects of the sim that where promised, like the air calculated in real particles with moving layers, the AI that can learn or be scared, the AI that has limited vision defined by actual canopy shape, the working british and german radars and so on. I await that with immense expectation, because I think if we have this, offline combat simming will never be the same again.

Nausicaa
January 1st, 2009, 05:11
PS: This is actually not the final ground in the pictures. The final one has real 3D grass and it will even influence your taxi / take off / landing behavior depending on length etc.

HundertzehnGustav
January 1st, 2009, 05:20
i think the pictures we see might be from a ingame "objects showcase" like we did in the past?

but might be bot, waste of memory and resources...

anyway
:applause::applause:

love that Blenheim IV... needs an extra Oerlikon in the Navigators compartiment (over the hatch) and a second vickers Mg in the turret!

Nausicaa
January 1st, 2009, 05:37
i think the pictures we see might be from a ingame "objects showcase" like we did in the past?

but might be bot, waste of memory and resources...

anyway
:applause::applause:

love that Blenheim IV... needs an extra Oerlikon in the Navigators compartiment (over the hatch) and a second vickers Mg in the turret!

I just think those shots are taken in Max, with a dummy grassfied so that they can stand on something ;) Grey-white checker fields aren't that sexy .

huub vink
January 3rd, 2009, 07:41
The pictures still look amazing! Is SoW BoB still sceduled for December 2009?

Huub