PDA

View Full Version : To publsh or not to publish......

Francois
August 15th, 2012, 06:05
Now here's a problem........ we promised the Lockheed Hudson AND a bunch of covert WW2 operations and fields to go with it. The Hudson is now all ready to publish, manual and all.....

...... but because of other work I haven't finished most of the ops and scenery yet (the latter are to be freeware!).

Now, what is wisdom? Publish the Lockheed and 'promise' the missions to be released later... or wait until after my vacations and finish the missions and other goodies first !?

Sometimes I wished I was a smarter person :-(

stiz
August 15th, 2012, 06:23
personaly, i'd release the plane and do the scenery and missions later, most people would prolly just fly a missions once or load the scenery once or twice for a ganders, then go and do their own thing anyway :engel016:

flaviossa
August 15th, 2012, 06:34
Well, donīt have anything to do with the initial question , but if i was a developer i would target the publishing allways for the first week of a month.
FS buyers tend to spend money easier in this period (Myself included). I think the middle/end of a month attracts fewer buyers, and when a new month arrives, the feeling of "novelty" is no longer so strong. Well, just my opinion. :salute:

So, connecting the dots, i think launching a complete package later in the above period would attract much more people.

stovall
August 15th, 2012, 06:40
My feeling is to publish the Hudson and make a note that special missions will follow soon. That way people get the feel for the aircraft and have something to look forward to.

YoYo
August 15th, 2012, 06:48
Hello Francois!

Its better to wait.

Why? I remember too same it was with Fi-156, Francois. As I know the first idea it was a model plus maps plus missions (like in Lysander addon). Till now no additional scenery and missions (better word its a scenario).
So I hope more motivated for FS Addon team will be wait and release a whole package.

"Customers of Fieseler Storch Operations will have the opportunity of FREE downls of 'special missions' that will be released later this year." from October 2011 - from Your store. :- )

Im right? :wavey:

Francois
August 15th, 2012, 06:54
Yes, and I am still working on that too.. the problem often is that the developer(s) of the products REALLY NEED the money(well, to be honest, I do TOO) and don't like me to wait....... and then I myself run out of time (or PC's as was the case last year with 3 major break downs.... LOL !) and then we're in a bit of a spot.....

Hence my hesitation..... Now if I could get the scenery and missions nicely packaged before the weekend.... hmmmmm......

Mathias
August 15th, 2012, 07:17
Release without and don't advertize the extra content in advance.
Nobody will be p****d off and you have a chance to make the news later once you have missions and scenery ready for release.

Milton Shupe
August 15th, 2012, 07:21
Release without and don't advertize the extra content in advance.
Nobody will be p****d off and you have a chance to make the news later once you have missions and scenery ready for release.

I agree with Mathias. :applause:

TARPSBird
August 15th, 2012, 07:59
I agree with Mathias. :applause:
Makes two of us.

Daveroo
August 15th, 2012, 08:00
reliese,,you have guys like me who want the plane and dont even want to missions or any extras,,i wont fly them and will remove them if i can anyway,,i only fly in my favorite locations and dont "do" missions...so i just want the plane,personally the missions and extras should be just that,,and extra download option

olderndirt
August 15th, 2012, 08:57
Since we seem to be in a 'doldrums' period for new aircraft, jump in and fill the void - especially like 'flaviossa's' thought about payday timing.

dvj
August 15th, 2012, 09:19
IMO, Release the plane. Missions and fields are lower priority. Nice upgrades later.

Barnes
August 15th, 2012, 10:17
Yes - get selling what you have not what you might have.

Reddog
August 15th, 2012, 12:17
reliese,,you have guys like me who want the plane and dont even want to missions or any extras,,i wont fly them and will remove them if i can anyway,,i only fly in my favorite locations and dont "do" missions...so i just want the plane,personally the missions and extras should be just that,,and extra download option

Me too, all I want is the civvie version so could care less about missions and stuff.:jump:

YoYo
August 15th, 2012, 12:25
So, Im... voted :icon_lol: .
But please remember about scenarios. It was a big fun with Lysander "Secret Operations".

(btw. where can I download LHA-5, cant find on Silver Clouds store or FSAddon website, need for F-35 : ) of Dino ).

Pips
August 15th, 2012, 14:52
Publish, publish, publish, publish, publish, publish. :)

The missions and scenery are a great idea........... but it's the aeroplane that is the main attraction. Get it out, make some lovely money; and aim within a month (of release) to bring out the specific Hudson scenery.

A month or so is fine, up until then most of us will just be enjoying mastering the Husdon generally. After that some cool scenery will go down a treat!

Sundog
August 15th, 2012, 17:35
Release the Kraken!!!..er, plane. As Mathias said, the missions can be added later if you get around to it. If people are going to buy it, they're going to buy it for the plane, not for the missions. I do like the idea of getting the missions somewhere down the road, but they aren't going to sway me one way or the other with regard to the main product. I hope that helps, best of luck.

AussieMan
August 15th, 2012, 22:18
I say release what you have Francois. Rest can come later.

Francois
August 15th, 2012, 22:40
So, Im... voted :icon_lol: .
But please remember about scenarios. It was a big fun with Lysander "Secret Operations".

(btw. where can I download LHA-5, cant find on Silver Clouds store or FSAddon website, need for F-35 : ) of Dino ).

The developer of LHA-5 decided he did no longer wanted me to provide the software. Sorry.

Francois
August 15th, 2012, 22:42
Okay, sounds like it is a weekend release then........ :wavey: