PDA

View Full Version : P3D and FSX Acceleration

Lionheart
August 14th, 2012, 10:35
Hey all,

Can FSXA be installed into P3D?

Just purchased Dino's awesome F35 but I need it to run in P3.

I ran a search for Acceleration in Prepar3D and found nowthing, nor at the FAQ sections at Prepar3D.com

Bill

Peter SWE
August 14th, 2012, 10:57
I'm gonna take some water over my head here and test one of soh;s rules, being helpfull is better than to be right.

I'm not 100% on this but as i understand it accel is SP1 and SP2+ some addon aircraft and missions. you could easely test if it works by downloading and try to install SP1 and SP2 for FSX from microsoft. Maybe you can use the migration tool?

Dangerous Beans
August 14th, 2012, 11:21
I think most if not all the acceleration features are already present in P3D.
After manually copying over the FA-18 and the missions for it I've flown cat and traps in P3D without having to do anything to enable the acceleration carrier.
I haven't tried the Helicopter hoist though so I don't know if that works.
Also the "Engine stress damages engine" option is present in the realism settings.

Of course these are the more visible acceleration features so I can only assume that the more under the hood features are also included (but don't quote me on that) :)

Lionheart
August 14th, 2012, 11:48
Thanks guys.

I know that P3D has a different set of updates, which are already in the trainer sim. Build 1.3 is 'everything'. But, no F-18.

I downloaded and ran Dino's plane and all worked well. The sound didnt work, linked to the FA-18, but no worries. I linked that into the Lear sound file for now.

So, I guess all is good. :)

After work tonight, I'll be learning to hover in the F35. Nice looking work from Dino!

Bill

Dangerous Beans
August 14th, 2012, 12:38
I know you had a few problems with FSX but couldn't you install it temporarily so you can pick the missing planes, missions and such out of it for use in P3D then uninstall it You wouldn't need to worry about aliases then at least.

Its a shame its not possible to open the cab files on the FSX and Acceleration discs like you could with FS9.

AussieMan
August 15th, 2012, 00:01
If you have the ORBX scenery installed then you will be ok as all the requires that you have Accelleration installed. I also have several aircraft installed that they say must have Accelleration installed and they work fine.

ZEUS67
August 15th, 2012, 06:48
I believe that P3D is equivalent to FSX + Acceleration, so there should be no problem. What could happen is that some add-ons will search for the Acceleration pack in the sim's software and that search will fail in P3D.

Shane Strong CYHZ
August 15th, 2012, 15:36
I believe that P3D is equivalent to FSX + Acceleration, so there should be no problem. What could happen is that some add-ons will search for the Acceleration pack in the sim's software and that search will fail in P3D.

I installed fsx then pulled out what gauges planes and missions and put them into p3d they work great

Lionheart
August 15th, 2012, 19:16
I know you had a few problems with FSX but couldn't you install it temporarily so you can pick the missing planes, missions and such out of it for use in P3D then uninstall it You wouldn't need to worry about aliases then at least.

Its a shame its not possible to open the cab files on the FSX and Acceleration discs like you could with FS9.

Hey DB,

No worries. I do have FSX loaded. I do have FSXA on disc but had taken it out of FSX. Actually, just didnt load it the last time I redid the HD, leaving FSXA off of FSX. It ruined FSX even more, making it a slow motion, 5FPS winner with min settings and sliders. :S

That jet by Dino is BRILLIANT!!!! Runs great in P3.

Bill