PDA

View Full Version : Hudson pictures !

Francois
August 13th, 2012, 05:05
Here's some more Hudson/Electra stuff to watch....... (sorry for the music, I'm not a composer obviously )

http://youtu.be/ZSU_MUfEi9g

fsxar177
August 13th, 2012, 05:28
Very nice! It looks like a work of art!

greenie
August 13th, 2012, 06:25
Dont apologise for the music ..cool, catchy little number - maybe you should sell that too !:icon_lol:

Francois
August 13th, 2012, 06:31
LOL. The music is licensed from Camtasia, can't sell it. We ARE going to sell the Hudson though !! :icon_lol:

jankees
August 13th, 2012, 06:49
very nice!

Warrant
August 13th, 2012, 09:08
Great aircraft and a very nice videoclip (including the music) :salute::applause:

Helldiver
August 13th, 2012, 09:35
It looks nice to me. I was always a fan of the Hudson since, "I Was a Yank in the RAF" with Tyrone Power and Betty Grable..
Small problem though. You show a metalized RDF. Since it contained a loop antenna, any metal, including paint, would not be allowed.
They were made out of bakelite and normally would be black.

Francois
August 13th, 2012, 11:16
I am sure we can have someone repaint it...... <wink wink>. We're including layered psd files this time !

Ian Warren
August 13th, 2012, 15:56
This will be a required aircraft for both RNZAF and it old New Zealand National Airways Corporation, the Loadstar alone has been a much requested type , going to brilliant .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Lionheart
August 13th, 2012, 22:17
I didnt know the Hudson was the military version of the Electra. Very interesting.

Great video, Francois! Looks like alot of cool details and features in that plane. Love the front cargo area and the navigators desk.

Bill

expat
August 14th, 2012, 02:47
Lockheed Model 14 was I believe both the Hudson (military) and "Super Electra" (civilian). Both were developed from the earlier Electra Model 10.

ColinT46
August 14th, 2012, 04:51
Francois,
Any update on the P3D Installer ?

Colin.

jeansy
August 14th, 2012, 05:16
Im looking forward to getting this

Daube
August 14th, 2012, 06:56
Thanks for the video !
The 3D model looks quite good I have to say. However, there's something I really don't like in the textures, especially for the inside of the plane.

Francois
August 14th, 2012, 09:11
Hi Daube... I think I'll be visiting your wonderful coastline ina few weeks from now.. have to visit a good friend of mine near Cannes... and pick up a motorbike :-)

As for the 'painting'..... I am sure there will be things that can be improved still. Unfortunately I am totally worthless and can not even paint the registration on the tail ! ;-)

Thanks for watching everybody and the kind comments. Nothing's perfect obviously, but Simon is really working hard at getting things right. He re-built the entire aircraft after I sent him better docs a few months ago !

AussieMan
August 14th, 2012, 23:56
I have several paints almost ready to go but am slightly hamstrung with some models.

AussieMan
August 15th, 2012, 22:16
Here are some screenshots of some repaints I am doing for the upcoming release. Some are complete but others are still a WIP. Some of those that are in civilian colours still carry their nose guns but I cannot avoid that as a civilianised Hudson, as opposed to the Super Electra and Lodestar in the package, had most, if not all, of the glassware in the nose.

Francois
August 15th, 2012, 22:39
The guns will keep pirates at bay.... keep them in ! :applause:

AussieMan
August 15th, 2012, 23:31
The guns will keep pirates at bay.... keep them in ! :applause:

I call it Painter's Licence :)

Daube
August 16th, 2012, 01:15
Beautiful repaints !
Maybe a bit too clean, perhaps ?

Francois
August 16th, 2012, 02:43
I'm sure they'll get dirty when FLYING them...... LOLOL !