PDA

View Full Version : 'Ambrose Just Showed His Aussie V8 Supercar Series Prowness'

Panther_99FS
August 12th, 2012, 11:42
Showed why he was 2-time Supercar champion here..Good hustling!.....:australia:
Kudos to Keselowski for his post race comments too....

Cazzie
August 12th, 2012, 11:56
No, NASCAR showed its stupidity by not throwing a caution, that was KB's race, no ifs, ands, or buts! Everybody had slippage from the 87 car, KB even said to tell NASCAR on Lap 2, so did Brad. Brad did not take out KB, he got in the damn oil that KB had slowed for. Listen to all the drivers after the race, if was a total FUBAR by NASCAR!

Panther_99FS
August 12th, 2012, 12:00
Both Kyle & Jeff Gordon have had more than their "fair share" of bad luck this season....:blind:

Panther_99FS
August 12th, 2012, 12:01
No, NASCAR showed its stupidity by not throwing a caution, that was KB's race, no ifs, ands, or buts! Everybody had slippage from the 87 car, KB even said to tell NASCAR on Lap 2, so did Brad. Brad did not take out KB, he got in the damn oil that KB had slowed for. Listen to all the drivers after the race, if was a total FUBAR by NASCAR!

Junior did question why they didn't throw the flag because of the oil - I didn't know it was from the #87 car though....

PRB
August 12th, 2012, 12:33
Cazz is probably right about NASCAR and the caution flag (lack of), but, the 2 and the 9 "fought with what they had", on that last lap, and that was an epic battle the likes of which we wish we saw more often. The only thing that comes close (that I've seen) is Ricky Craven and Kurt Busch at Darlington, 2003! I liked BK's comments after the race too.

- Paul

Cazzie
August 12th, 2012, 12:36
From my Race Buddy, never watch a race on TV, they are 5-seconds behind the action. :icon_lol:

Go to 720HD, listen to Kyle, he slowed for the oil, the other two did not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImMmcE3FIMs

Caz

Panther_99FS
August 12th, 2012, 13:03
but, the 2 and the 9 "fought with what they had", on that last lap, and that was an epic battle
- Paul

I think you're spot on here....Everyone had to deal with the oil - but the #9 and #2 rose to the top.

Victory103
August 12th, 2012, 13:24
Agree about the oil, but as a 2 wheel race fan that only watches 2 NASCAR races a year (both the road courses), it was entertaining to watch the last few laps.

Terry
August 12th, 2012, 13:52
The NASCAR on track workers were asked about oil during the last couple laps. They said the track was clean. Therefore there was no oil!! Just a great exciting finish. There were several disappointed drivers at the end, but crybaby had to leave without any comment. :applause::applause::applause:

Daveroo
August 15th, 2012, 07:51
you could see the oil coming from the back of the 47 on tape after the race,,,,,but ambrose won it fair and sqaure...he DROVE his race car and beat kyle and brad in the oil (even if there wasnt oil,something slippery was there,)and the other slipped slid and crashed,,but marcus DROVE his race car to a win..plain and simple.......kyle could have done the same,,,but he CRASHED! he slowed,,,he shouldnt hav..he should have kept driving...but he didnt..he slowed making an assumtion he should not have and got wrecked,brad made a good fight,but marcus just out drove him

end of story

Terry
August 15th, 2012, 08:09
you could see the oil coming from the back of the 47 on tape after the race,,,,,but ambrose won it fair and sqaure...he DROVE his race car and beat kyle and brad in the oil (even if there wasnt oil,something slippery was there,)and the other slipped slid and crashed,,but marcus DROVE his race car to a win..plain and simple.......kyle could have done the same,,,but he CRASHED! he slowed,,,he shouldnt hav..he should have kept driving...but he didnt..he slowed making an assumtion he should not have and got wrecked,brad made a good fight,but marcus just out drove him

end of story

What I meant by no oil is that if the NASCAR workers don't see it that (in effect) there is none. They can't throw a caution without something to base it on and drivers don't count because they lie just like when they scream debris when it favors them.

Daveroo
August 15th, 2012, 12:43
What I meant by no oil is that if the NASCAR workers don't see it that (in effect) there is none. They can't throw a caution without something to base it on and drivers don't count because they lie just like when they scream debris when it favors them.
WHAT???? a driver lie?..say it aint so!!!:icon_eek:.........hehehehe...most drivers i knew back in the day would say theyre momma was on fire to grab a yellow and get caught up