PDA

View Full Version : Late model Avro Ansons

jjdc
August 6th, 2012, 07:01
Hi all.

Having seen all the posy about new developments, especially the Hudson, I was wondering if anyone was looking at the later model Avro Ansons like the C-19 or the trainers. Looking at their history it seams they ended up in just about every part of the world in a variety of roles and I think they would make a fantastic subject with almost unlimited repaint potential.

Happy to pay for most FS subjects (so my bank balance says) but this one would be special as it was the first aircraft I ever flew in.

Cheers and thanks for a great site.

JC

stiz
August 6th, 2012, 08:12
:running: :icon_lol:

Pips
August 6th, 2012, 14:58
And there is an original Avro Anson cockpit on display at the Australian War Memorial. Just in case any modellers need help with it. Hint hint. :wiggle:

stiz
August 7th, 2012, 01:59
theres also an orig MK1 now flying in New Zealand as well :jump:

hairyspin
August 7th, 2012, 10:44
theres also an orig MK1 now flying in New Zealand as well :jump:

And a T.21 still flying in the UK - this pic from 10 days ago.

huub vink
August 7th, 2012, 11:16
I still have some hope that Dave Garwood will upgrade his beautiful Anson into a native FSX model..... (Yes, I keep on dreaming :sleep: :icon_lol: )

Cheers
Huub

AussieMan
August 7th, 2012, 15:49
I still have some hope that Dave Garwood will upgrade his beautiful Anson into a native FSX model..... (Yes, I keep on dreaming :sleep: :icon_lol: )

Cheers
Huub

I'm with you Huub. Love the old "Annie" and it would be a nice compliment to the soon to be released FSAddon Lockheed Hudson. Both server long lives as airliners on regional routes in Australia after WWII and some were still being used into the 1960s.

peter12213
August 8th, 2012, 10:55
This was a great Aircraft much loved by it's crews by all accounts. But it had terrible single engine performance I read!

Naismith
August 8th, 2012, 12:25
They have one here http://www.warplane.com/ in Hamilton ONT, I was there about 10 years ago and the guide claimed it was in almost flyable condition apart from some minor damage to a wing, no idea if they ever got it fixed, I know they were strapped for cash.