PDA

View Full Version : I need to clear something up!

Ickie
December 31st, 2008, 06:27
After reading all of this ................ it seems you all got the wrong impression.
It has never been about money, we have always made our goal in record breaking time.

Its about Respect.

I can speak for all the staff on this.
We have a few simple rules and when we enforce them we get blasted.
When we relax on them we get blasted.

We are not evil people nor dictators.
We are Human!

All this mess is about you, and can you live together in peace.

SOH Is Broken And Only You Can Fix It!

GT182
December 31st, 2008, 06:32
But the best thing is Ickie, blasted or not, you have our respect. I wouldn't trade with you for all the iced tean in China. You and the Staff do one h3ll of a great job no matter what's going on. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif

jmig
December 31st, 2008, 06:58
Yayyy, SOH is back up. I was worried there for a few hours.

Ickie, Canelo Kid, Staff, moderators, and members. If I have ever been disrespectful to any of you in the past, I sincerely apologize. I try to be a positive presence. However, ever so often the human part of me takes over. http://sc.webmessenger.msn.com/10.1.0323.0/session/images/emoticons/smile_teeth.gif

My SOH resolution will be to always be positive, helpful and respectful.

Happy New Year! May 2009 be the best ever.

CWOJackson
December 31st, 2008, 07:13
Thanks guys.

Snuffy
December 31st, 2008, 07:41
As a paying charter member of this site, I too want to say thanks ... Yay! smiles are back ... :wavey: :wavey: :jump:

Craig Taylor
December 31st, 2008, 08:04
Ickie & CK -- I appreciate your efforts. I can't imagine your workload to keep this place up and running. Bravo Zulu! :applause::applause::applause:

Curtis P40
December 31st, 2008, 08:12
:applause:Ickie, CK, Staff, and Moderators THANK YOU
Happy New Year to all :ernae:

hey_moe
December 31st, 2008, 08:29
AMEN TO THAT:wavey:
Here are some facts about SOH!

We have never been about money but about service, if people wanted a $99/yr site there are plenty of them around.

SOH uses a lot of bandwidth and offers tons of features.

Often Administrators pay for extras out of their own pocket.

All staff are volunteers.

SOH has a very open policy concerning the forums and offers people the ability to do things other sites don't allow.

90% of the feedback administrators get is negative, rarely is it positive re-enforcement or a complement.

SOH has saved CFS and offers more resources for CFS than any other site.

The SOH forums are well regarded in the Flight Simulator world and the moderators are well respected.

We have tried to maintain a sense of humor and aren't part of the Politically Correct world. The name SOH alone tells alot about us, we are outcasts and renegades.

The BS smiley will remain as well as some of the other not so nice smileys, no PC crap here!

NOTE: PLEASE.... When a member has an issue about our policies or a staff member contact an administrator privately and give them a chance to respond before making a public issue about it.

rpjkw
December 31st, 2008, 08:34
Maybe I'm just too easy going, but IMHO the Administrators do, and have always done, an excellent job. A tip of the tattered fedora to the Admin types and Mods.:ernae::friday:

Bob

Silver Fox
December 31st, 2008, 08:37
Ickie, CK... I know it's cold comfort, but I would ask you to consider that there actually is a very great deal of positive feedback... it's just not spoken. Every donationware sale is positive as is every time someone comes home from work and checking SOH (and family) is part of their day. The rapid response to fundraising drives is all positive.

Anyone who has run, or helped run a place like this has told a dissenter "You aren't forced to be here! You can go somewhere else!". That's a two-way street. The folks who aren't force to be here are present because they value what has been built by you and all the Administrators. Those that choose to be here rather than somewhere else have decided that this place is the better choice to invest their all-too-rare free time.

I know what is involved in running a place like this and know that you guys do a great job! You make it look easy, when I know it can be constant heartache and struggle.

Bravo Zulu to the SOH Team! :medals:

Rami
December 31st, 2008, 11:17
I very much and appreciate all the moderators and staff members, and try to be respectful to any and all who grace our pages. I will continue to do so in the future.

Pepere
December 31st, 2008, 13:29
Thank you SOH staff. :applause::medals:

David:kilroy: