PDA

View Full Version : Error

italoc
August 3rd, 2012, 09:12
All of a sudden I am confronted with following error message (which has, apparently, no ill effects on the Sim)

Attempt to call a nil value stack traceback:

It occurs at beginning of loading procedure (terrain loading): clicking OK it disappears and the procedure goes on till its completion
Have you guys any idea ???
Italo :isadizzy:

Lionheart
August 3rd, 2012, 17:39
Not I. That is a new one for me.

Did you just recently install a plane or scenery?

ZEUS67
August 3rd, 2012, 19:52
All of a sudden I am confronted with following error message (which has, apparently, no ill effects on the Sim)

Attempt to call a nil value stack traceback:

It occurs at beginning of loading procedure (terrain loading): clicking OK it disappears and the procedure goes on till its completion
Have you guys any idea ???
Italo :isadizzy:

That's a 3rd party module error. P3D just stops running that particular module and follows with the loading procedure. As Lionheart said, did you recently install a scenery or 3rd party aircraft?

italoc
August 4th, 2012, 13:21
Not I. That is a new one for me.

Did you just recently install a plane or scenery?

Yes, I did install a couple of planes: so today i uninstalled them but .... same message appears (even if I start with other planes) !!!
Funny, but the message is cryptic and doesn't give any clue of its cause (at least for a non-computer wizard like me).
Next thing I'll try to repair P3D with the install procedure .... and we'll see
Italo

Lionheart
August 4th, 2012, 13:51
If its not crashing anything, only sending a statement, why not just run with it? Unless its quite bothersome.

ZEUS67
August 4th, 2012, 18:01
Yes, I did install a couple of planes: so today i uninstalled them but .... same message appears (even if I start with other planes) !!!
Funny, but the message is cryptic and doesn't give any clue of its cause (at least for a non-computer wizard like me).
Next thing I'll try to repair P3D with the install procedure .... and we'll see
Italo

I understand the error, but trying to explain it to a non-computer programmer is very difficult since I actually need to use technical words that sound like technobabble. The short explanation: A module programmer did a poor job in memory management and P3D is complaining about that.

italoc
August 5th, 2012, 07:05
I understand the error, but trying to explain it to a non-computer programmer is very difficult since I actually need to use technical words that sound like technobabble. The short explanation: A module programmer did a poor job in memory management and P3D is complaining about that.

Thanks, Zeus, for the effort to explain: everything clear now :wiggle: ......... I'll follow Lionheart's suggestion and forget the message and carry on simming :salute:
Italo

italoc
August 7th, 2012, 05:16
BTW, you know what?
If I don't cancel the message, loading of the Sim continues regularly to the default starting flight but ..... no sound, which is back as soon as I cancel the message !!! Check Fantastic furniture Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?fantastic-furniture/) and Freedom furniture Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?freedom-furniture/).
Conclusion: the culprit must be a sound file !!!
I'll carry-on with the investigation !!!

Italo

Navy Chief
January 2nd, 2014, 16:57
BTW, you know what?
If I don't cancel the message, loading of the Sim continues regularly to the default starting flight but ..... no sound, which is back as soon as I cancel the message !!!
Conclusion: the culprit must be a sound file !!!
I'll carry-on with the investigation !!!

Italo

I am getting the same msg. Did you find the source of the problem? Thanks. NC

Update: dunno what the problem was exactly. But following installation of Shockwave Lights by A2A, it's all good now.

OleBoy
January 2nd, 2014, 17:12
Careful now. It's a new year. V2 may be on a timer.

Step back for the PC! IT'S GONNA BLOW!!!!!

Damn bugs