PDA

View Full Version : "Listen Up People"

Panther_99FS
December 30th, 2008, 19:29
Ickie has graciously decided to stay on as server administrator - this is a good thing.

The bottom line is that if you want SOH to stay, the Jan/Feb fundraiser is going to be critical. In case you haven't noticed, "Gramps" has retired and thus we haven't been able produce any new Donationware products - that means funds are very low.

Remember, this site uses a lot of bandwidth for file management and yet it still remains add-free & pop-up free. Why? - because of YOUR SUPPORT, our extended online virtual family. Right now, we're a family in need and if all our relatives can come through in Jan/Feb, we can chalk up yet another successful year!

I thank you and am very humbled to be part of this family....

P

lifejogger
December 30th, 2008, 20:01
You can count on me for support Panther and thanks Ickie for staying on I know it is a hard job.

whitehawk_2009
December 30th, 2008, 20:20
Panther,

Is there any place we can volunteer to help run our home away from home? Sometimes I feel that donating just isn't enough.

WH

rayrey10
December 30th, 2008, 20:27
Thanks for the HU!

luckydog
December 30th, 2008, 22:08
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoo !!

Without SOH I'd be a lonely old dog sitting on some cold, dark, rainy internet back-road wondering what happened to the good life.

Hungry........
Howling at the moon.......
scavenging garbage cans......

then a sneaky dog-catcher would lure me to his truck with some tantalizing FS add-ons and I'd wake up in the pound.....minus my goggles and waiting for the needle.........

I've got some dog-tags hangin' from my collar..........one is for rabies, another has my SOH info and blood type...................

and the third is a credit-card.

simkid22
December 30th, 2008, 22:25
Does it matter when we donate? Early and often or do we need to wait for the the bandwidth drive?

Tom Clayton
December 30th, 2008, 23:01
Have a look up at the top of each page for the Donate link. It's always there. I just wish enough funds were in my account to do more than I have in the past. I'm hoping for a decent tax return next year - if I get it I'll toss a drop or two in the bucket...

Willy
December 30th, 2008, 23:06
If you can't afford to donate much, that's okay. Every little bit helps.

And if you don't have them already, buying a d-ware aircraft is another way to contribute.

Rami
December 31st, 2008, 06:08
I'm a bit broke right now with two toddlers and another due in March, but I'll try to continue my monthly donation.

Pepere
December 31st, 2008, 06:13
I too would like to do a monthly payment. Is there a way you could set it up for auto payment so I could set it and forget it? Just a thought.

David

GT182
December 31st, 2008, 06:15
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif That's great news Panther. And thanks Ickie. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif

It'll be February before I can add my donation tho.

txnetcop
December 31st, 2008, 06:16
No problem with the donation thing P. This is home
Ted

mike_cyul
December 31st, 2008, 06:43
No problem with the donation thing P. This is home
Ted

Same here. Just waiting to get paid so I can donate.

Mike

JoeW
December 31st, 2008, 06:46
I live on S. S. being retired. You can expect about $30 Saturday morning. I hope that helps.

rayrey10
December 31st, 2008, 06:57
Have a look up at the top of each page for the Donate link. ...

I never paid attention to that, don't I feel dumb. I was thanking Panther for the heads-up because "I missed" the last one. Didn't know I could donate anytime...thanks anyways P!

I'll will do whatever I can, this is a cool place to hang out. Sometimes I spend so much time at SOH that I don't have time to Sim...that actually happens @ least a couple times a week.

brad kaste
December 31st, 2008, 06:59
......Loosening up the purse strings right now.........

Wittpilot
December 31st, 2008, 07:19
It's a shame we can't work up something very similar to the Donationware idea... Something similar to the A-26 project.... where all funds go to running the site.. I guess that could get a bit difficult only because there would be funds involved for a piece of work that many contributed to, but if the developers and everyone that was involved agreed ahead of time... I mean, the quality of the A-26 produced here was simply superb! Just an idea....

-witt

von Bek
December 31st, 2008, 08:23
I've put a donation in via Paypal.

:jump:

rpjkw
December 31st, 2008, 08:29
Friday's payday, so count me in.:friday:

Bob

grunau_baby
December 31st, 2008, 09:49
Just shot a PayPal donation off in your direction!!!!

Rock īnīRoll SOH:jump:
Alex

bzhyoyo
December 31st, 2008, 10:01
come January, you'll get some money, even if times are a bit hard, but that's the least we should all do.

strega13
December 31st, 2008, 11:27
come January, you'll get some money, even if times are a bit hard, but that's the least we should all do.
same here , in the middle of january ...

sparks
December 31st, 2008, 13:13
Donation sent via PayPal... :ernae:

FengZ
December 31st, 2008, 23:53
yup, middle of jan for me as well....

:)

-feng

Dag
January 1st, 2009, 00:06
Bombs gone :applause::icon31: No probs.