PDA

View Full Version : strobing water

gosd
August 2nd, 2012, 12:42
In ETO any ERA i have been getting strobing water , in a regular fashion the water blinks lighter.
What is the cause and can it be corrected ?

Thanks.

HouseHobbit
August 2nd, 2012, 14:15
I had this problem when I took apart Winding Mans scenery program for the bits and pieces I wanted and manually installed them..

Check your Assets folder for the; h2od_01.dds, h2od_02.dds, h2od_03.dds etc..Water textures..
these MUST be the same textures that are in your Effects/FXtexture folder..

copy from your assets folder to the Effects/fxtextures folder.. the water textures..(h2od_01.dds, h2od_02.dds, h2od_03.dds etc)

***Back up those in the effects/fxtextures folder just to be safe**

You have two different textures for water(Sea) in your set up and the CFS3 game engine does not know which of them to use..

Or you can reverse the process and copy from the Effects/fxtextures to the assets folder the water textures..
Depending what you want your water(sea) to look like.

One will be lighter then the other will be darker,,
that is why sometimes you get a light looking water texture and then it flashes to a darker water texture and back again to the lighter texture..

gosd
August 2nd, 2012, 16:45
I cannot find these files in any of the Assets folder ; h2od_01.dds, h2od_02.dds, h2od_03.dds etc..Water textures..
but I have them in the Effects/FXtexture folder..

josepicos
August 2nd, 2012, 16:59
Then copy those into the assets:icon_lol:

gosd
August 2nd, 2012, 18:37
Thanks it worked:icon29::icon29:

Daiwilletti
August 2nd, 2012, 20:32
Hi gosd,

just to clarify, are you running WM Scenery Manager? If not, normally the h2o textures are only found in the fxtextures subfolder. I would simply chose the favorite texture set of h2o files, and remove the unwanted set.

D