PDA

View Full Version : Multiple installations / registry entry

Jaxon
August 1st, 2012, 12:47
Dear all,

My external loads still don`t work properly.

For further troubleshooting, I need a fresh install.
What do I need to do to install more than one CFS2 installations?

Further, I need to know what a normal registry entry for CFS2 looks like.
My current one is listed in:

HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
C07FT5Y
CFS2

What seems to be a Antivir protection result and maybe the cause for the weapons issues.

Shessi
August 1st, 2012, 13:41
Hi Jaxon,
Although you will have a registry entry for the initial CFS2 install you do not need to 'install' the other copies.

After an untouched initial CFS2 install, all you have to do is copy the whole CFS2 directory and paste somewhere else, change the name and paste back to the same directory or to another place. Make as many copies as you want. A pure install is only 750 Mb, so the sky's the limit!

Personally I deleted my proper installed version (on XP), exactly for that reason, so the pc does not force any auto-install add-ons into the installed version. I had already made 10 copies all in the same disk location, for different theatres of war, testing, types of ac etc etc. It been like that for 3+ years, no problem with any copy, all work. And I can chop and change any one, with no problems.

I therefore do not have any registry entry!

Cheers

Shessi

cfsops
August 1st, 2012, 16:04
Following are the registry entries used by the game:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0]
"FIRSTRUN"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0]
"Zone"="http://www.zone.com/asp/script/default.asp?Game=cfs2&password=Password"
"Version"="1"
"InstalledTo"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Games\\CFS2"
"InstalledFrom"="D:"
"Launched"="1"
"PID"="53777-442-8778615-59161"
"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Games\\CFS2"
"CDPath"="D:\\"
"VersionType"="RetailVersion"
"InstalledGroup"="1"
"LangID"=dword:00000009

The bits above could be copied/pasted into a .REG file and subsequently written to the Registry using the REGEDIT utility, or they could be entered by hand. Note the various paths. They would have to be updated to specify what your installation looks like before writing to the Registry. While the game doesn't necessarily NEED these entries to run, some add-ons might rely on the existance and accuracy of these values.

Jaxon
August 2nd, 2012, 07:01
Thanks, I had something like this in mind.

Problem is, my initial installation is my blown up one.

I deleted the registry entry (made a copy) and installed a fresh CFS2.
The game runs without any problems and external loads work as normal what points away from interfering Antivirus issues.

Yet, I switched the theatres and seasons via the scenery menu, but thought for longer time about a sole WW1 version as well.
I will keep the stock installation from now on for sure.

cfsops
August 2nd, 2012, 08:36
Yeah, I keep the base information around in a .REG file because I'm always moving stuff around and moving between machines. It's been helpful many times.