PDA

View Full Version : Austin's r-Evolution Build

ryanbatc
July 31st, 2012, 16:10
I've not a huge fan of this guy... he's super cocky and a little eccentric (nothing wrong with that part)... but I guess when you've got money to blow on a Lancair Evolution you have the rights to be cocky...

Anyway, the read is interesting - he actually designed part of the avionics which will guide the plane to safety in the event something goes awry.... all with the push of a button:

http://www.x-plane.com/hardware/evo/evo.html

p.s. RealAir should do this plane :)

Daube
August 1st, 2012, 00:37
Strange plane... I really like the shape of the fuselage and wings, but I really hate the shape of the side windows :blind:

Killbilly
August 1st, 2012, 05:11
Strange plane... I really like the shape of the fuselage and wings, but I really hate the shape of the side windows :blind:

Yep, it looks like he pulled the windows out of Burt Rutan's wastebin. Interesting design, though.

Lionheart
August 1st, 2012, 14:29
When I look at that model of plane, with those port holes that melted or something, it makes my brain hurt! it hurts my eyes! For a company that makes such beautiful aircraft, that is the goofiest looking thing I have seen yet.

:isadizzy:

EDIT: The front side windows are so far back because of the 1 foot wide A-pillar that it almost looks as if the side windows are behind the pilots head.....

Kiwikat
August 1st, 2012, 17:28
It really is a beautiful aircraft! Saw a couple of them at Airventure this year. Pictures just don't do it justice... :icon30: