PDA

View Full Version : SOH/Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations presents: The G7 S2F3 Tracker

euroastar350
July 31st, 2012, 12:09
The first of the G7 series aircraft to be fully FSX native, the S2F3 Tracker or Stoof has been released to the public. Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations would like to thank Milton Shupe and the Sim-Outhouse community for letting us convert this fine aircraft for FSX and for all the wonderful support and encouragement during the conversion and testing period. We sincerely hope you enjoy this aircraft as much as we did bringning it to the community:applause:
The next G7 series aircraft to be converted is the E1B Tracer:ernae:

hae5904
July 31st, 2012, 13:16
Fantastic news George, thanks!! :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 31st, 2012, 13:19
And for those that want it, you can download it here: http://eaglerotorcraftsimulations.com/fsx_s2f3.php

FSX68
July 31st, 2012, 13:33
The first of the G7 series aircraft to be fully FSX native, the S2F3 Tracker or Stoof has been released to the public. Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations would like to thank Milton Shupe and the Sim-Outhouse community for letting us convert this fine aircraft for FSX and for all the wonderful support and encouragement during the conversion and testing period. We sincerely hope you enjoy this aircraft as much as we did bringning it to the community:applause:

I wanted to thank you and "Uncle" Milton for the opportunity to test drive this beauty. I enjoyed seeing it progress and grow to what it is now.
Thanks again!!!

:salute:

bruce448
July 31st, 2012, 13:39
I wanted to thank you and "Uncle" Milton for the opportunity to test drive this beauty. I enjoyed seeing it progress and grow to what it is now.
Thanks again!!!

:salute:

I second that :ernae:

Bruce

Warrant
July 31st, 2012, 14:39
Wow, great bird! Thanks :medals::salute::applause:

Roger
July 31st, 2012, 14:41
This needs a sticky:applause:

papab
July 31st, 2012, 14:50
Thank you very much for a wonderful aircraft and all the hours you spent on this project!

One question: I opened the .cfg to make it steerable as per your instructions, but I did not see any instructions in the .cgf on how to do it as you stated in the readme file

Thanks again for this beauty!
Rick

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 31st, 2012, 15:55
Thank you very much for a wonderful aircraft and all the hours you spent on this project!

One question: I opened the .cfg to make it steerable as per your instructions, but I did not see any instructions in the .cgf on how to do it as you stated in the readme file

Thanks again for this beauty!
Rick

In the [contact_points] section, there is a line that is commented out with "//" that contains simple instructions.

-------------------------------------

NOTE: The installer was built without a sound folder. We are currently in the process of creating a patch as well as a new version of the full installer to replace the current one on all sites.

euroastar350
July 31st, 2012, 16:41
We released the S2F3 without any aircraft sounds. A patch and a new installer will be released shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

dvj
July 31st, 2012, 17:06
We released the S2F3 without any aircraft sounds. A patch and a new installer will be released shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sounds? Who needs sounds?

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/355Untitled_1.jpg

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 31st, 2012, 17:33
For those that already have the S2F3 installed, here is a patch to add the missing sound folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b47fps550f3d5he

FSX68
July 31st, 2012, 17:58
And for those that want it, you can download it here: http://eaglerotorcraftsimulations.com/fsx_s2f3.php

I liked your installer however, you spelled Grumman wrong in the little blue picture in your installer

You only have one m i.e., (Gruman)

Just thought you'd like to know.

:kilroy:

Also an uninstaller would of been nice. I have a copy of clickteam pro and I added an un-installer to my copy.

Milton Shupe
July 31st, 2012, 18:45
Sounds? Who needs sounds?

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/355Untitled_1.jpg

That is a beautiful shot! :medals:

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 31st, 2012, 19:02
I liked your installer however, you spelled Grumman wrong in the little blue picture in your installer

You only have one m i.e., (Gruman)

Just thought you'd like to know.

:kilroy:

Also an uninstaller would of been nice. I have a copy of clickteam pro and I added an un-installer to my copy.

I just can't do anything right today, my gosh! :icon_lol: Please excuse me while I do hide in the corner...

orionll
July 31st, 2012, 19:07
I just can't do anything right today, my gosh! :icon_lol: Please excuse me while I do hide in the corner...

I did mention having an uninstaller... :P

alain0568
July 31st, 2012, 20:10
-Thank you very much!:applause::applause::applause:

Alain

familton
July 31st, 2012, 20:19

Hi. I see there is a patch for the missing sound file. I am downloading it now. In the ECU I only see an Eng. 1 mixture lever. The Eng. 2 seems to be missing. Is there a fix for it? Regards, Bob.

Firekitten
July 31st, 2012, 23:41
That is one heck of a conversion! top notch work. Love it :) The bumps really add to aircraft in fsx... looks a tad heavy in places, but it works overall :)

Cirrus N210MS
August 1st, 2012, 11:34
great work

fallenphoenix1986
August 1st, 2012, 11:37
Thanks to all involved, been running the FS9 model whilst waiting on this an I've certainly noticed an improvment in performance.

Craig

Daube
August 1st, 2012, 12:08
I could finally test it and it was really cool to land it on a carrier. Thank you all for this great model and conversion.

There are some small issues though, but nothing critical.
One thing I wanted to check, though: is there any way to adjust the mixture ? I could not find the corresponding levers, which is quite surprising in a piston aircraft. Was it automatic ? Is it automatic in this model ?

Ian Warren
August 1st, 2012, 12:31
A brand new Carrier and a Grumman to suit :cool: Thanks Team:applause:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

bmd
August 1st, 2012, 12:45
Hollo,

I have downloaded and installed the S2F3 in FsX. The aircraft model is wonderful. Thank for giving us this superb model.

In the aircraft.cfg file I have added the following CameraDefinition sections

[CameraDefinition.000]
Title = "Pilote"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948A084}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.40
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 0.5
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.0, 0, 0
InitialPbh=15, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = "Right Seat"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F085}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.40
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 0.5
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.75, 0, -0.2
InitialPbh=12, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = "Engines instruments"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F086}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.4
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.49, -0.35, 0.3
InitialPbh=14, 0.0, 0.0

[CameraDefinition.003]
Title = "Overhead Panel"
Guid = {a8224b97-803d-450b-83f6-ec75bc212c87}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.4
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 0.75
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.49, -0.35, 0.3
InitialPbh=-90.0, 0.0

[CameraDefinition.004]
Title = "Central console"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-3E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F088}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.35
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 0.75
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=62
InitialXyz=0.39, -0.30, 0.1
InitialPbh=65, 0.0, 0.0

[CameraDefinition.005]
Title = "Engines controls"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F089}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.5
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.49, 0.2,-0.2
InitialPbh= 0, 0.0, 0.0

Do not forget to make a safeguard copy of the original aircraft.cfg file under another name.

Have a good day

Benoit

euroastar350
August 1st, 2012, 12:52
All the levers on the overhead (flap, gear, mixture, throttle, etc) are clickable and functional, just not the white knobs at the end.

bmd
August 1st, 2012, 13:36
All the levers on the overhead (flap, gear, mixture, throttle, etc) are clickable and functional, just not the white knobs at the end.

Hello,

On my computer I cannot see the mixture levers moving in the virtual cockpit. I use the 2D throttle window (shift+3) to move the mixture levers. But I see no displacement of the mixture levers in the virtual cockpit. Can you show us whhat look like these mixture levers in the VC when one of these levers has been moved. Thank you for your help.

Have a good day

Benoit

jungle_balloo
August 1st, 2012, 14:12
Thank you very much all the team for this wonder :wavey: :jump: :applause:

Olivier

familton
August 1st, 2012, 17:09
[QUOTE=bmd;735369]Hollo,

I have downloaded and installed the S2F3 in FsX. The aircraft model is wonderful. Thank for giving us this superb model.

In the aircraft.cfg file I have added the following CameraDefinition sections

Hi Benoit. Thanks. I know how to make camera definitions for the aircraft views but never have figured out how to get the coordinates for the internal views. Can you please explain how you do it? Regards, Bob.

familton
August 1st, 2012, 17:12
Hello,

On my computer I cannot see the mixture levers moving in the virtual cockpit. I use the 2D throttle window (shift+3) to move the mixture levers. But I see no displacement of the mixture levers in the virtual cockpit. Can you show us whhat look like these mixture levers in the VC when one of these levers has been moved. Thank you for your help.

Have a good day

Benoit

Hi Benoit. Can you see both engine mixture controls in the 2d window? All I can see on the far right is the eng. #1 mixture lever. The eng. #2 is not visible. Regards, bob.

dvj
August 1st, 2012, 17:39
Did I say how much I like this aircraft? :applause:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/945nzni_wow.jpg

Milton Shupe
August 1st, 2012, 19:05
Hi Benoit. Can you see both engine mixture controls in the 2d window? All I can see on the far right is the eng. #1 mixture lever. The eng. #2 is not visible. Regards, bob.

I have the last beta test version; have not downloaded the packaged version.

I see both mixture levers although they appear not to be animated.

The FS9 version is animated and works. Maybe an oversight.

EDIT: I downloaded and installed the SOH file, and this picture shows both mixture levers, although apparently not animated.

Agpilot25
August 1st, 2012, 19:35
Great job converting this aircraft for fsx. I was wondering if someone could tell me what to put in the cfg for the launch assist thanks

familton
August 1st, 2012, 21:14
I have the last beta test version; have not downloaded the packaged version.

I see both mixture levers although they appear not to be animated.

The FS9 version is animated and works. Maybe an oversight.

EDIT: I downloaded and installed the SOH file, and this picture shows both mixture levers, although apparently not animated.

Hi Milton. Thanks. I am interested in the 2d panel mixture levers. That's where my #2 eng. mixture lever is not shown. Regards, Bob.

Emile
August 1st, 2012, 22:29
Hello,
Well done.Thanks a lot

euroastar350
August 2nd, 2012, 04:28
I will do another update to the VC. For this one, I will make the white knobs clickable and animated with the levers themselves. Give me some time as the hours I work aren't pretty:icon_lol:

Milton Shupe
August 2nd, 2012, 06:03
Hi Milton. Thanks. I am interested in the 2d panel mixture levers. That's where my #2 eng. mixture lever is not shown. Regards, Bob.

Bob,

Ah yes, tested in the original release and verified that the engine 2 mixture is not clickable. Apparently a gauge issue. I checked the xml gauge and the animation code and tooltip is there and looks good. My question to Scott Thomas who developed the panel and gauges is about the width of the dummy bmp upon which the 2D pedastal is displayed. It is less wide than the code calls for. I am thinking that is the issue but will not know until after work today.

I hope we can get this corrected and share a fix for you.

familton
August 2nd, 2012, 07:08
Hi Milton. Thanks. I appreciate it. Regards, Bob.

DennyA
August 2nd, 2012, 22:16
Okay, I have to give an ENORMOUS thanks to everyone involved in both building the original FS2004 model and in the FSX conversion.

WOW, what a beautiful plane, and the flight model feels so good. This has instantly become one of my favorite FSX planes of all time, and I really, really appreciate the effort all of you have put into this.

doublecool
August 4th, 2012, 03:59
Thank you for the conversion Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations ...Well done :salute:
and thank you to all the others involved and not forget Mr. Shupe :applause::applause::applause:

fliger747
August 4th, 2012, 07:56
Note on mixture control:

These planes were almost always operated in either auto rich or auto lean modes, so manual leaning is not recommended or realistic for operation of these engines. Auto rich used fro takeoff and high power settings to help with cooling, autolean for all other operations.

T

hairyspin
August 4th, 2012, 08:20
Thank you gentlemen, downloading now. :jump:

Emile
August 4th, 2012, 20:19
Hello,
Not easy to taxi with this machine...But I love it

Milton Shupe
August 4th, 2012, 20:38
Bob,

Ah yes, tested in the original release and verified that the engine 2 mixture is not clickable. Apparently a gauge issue. I checked the xml gauge and the animation code and tooltip is there and looks good. My question to Scott Thomas who developed the panel and gauges is about the width of the dummy bmp upon which the 2D pedastal is displayed. It is less wide than the code calls for. I am thinking that is the issue but will not know until after work today.

I hope we can get this corrected and share a fix for you.

I have a fix for the mixture lever issue. It was as suspected the bmp size.

I will post an ST_Tracker.CAB update when I receive it from Scott. This fix corrects only the 2D overhead ecu popup engine 2 mixture lever.

mjrhealth
August 5th, 2012, 03:07
Hi being enjoying this plane but the speed brake . spoiler does not appear to slow the plane down. It activartes when seeing from external view, but I see no speed bleed off. Must find a french repaint for the clemencau.

Thanks

familton
August 5th, 2012, 08:21
I have a fix for the mixture lever issue. It was as suspected the bmp size.

I will post an ST_Tracker.CAB update when I receive it from Scott. This fix corrects only the 2D overhead ecu popup engine 2 mixture lever.

Hi Milton. Thanks. I'll be looking for it. Will it be posted here? Regards, bob.

Aircanuck
August 5th, 2012, 09:17
Wow !!! very nice Tracker ....love that sound.Brings back memories of Conair droning overhead during the summer months on their way to a fire.

Any painters out there interested in a Canadian Navy repaint ??? or maybe a Conair firecat repaint ?

Here's dreamin !! :jump:

Firekitten
August 6th, 2012, 03:06
I'd happily take on the firecat... was hoping to wait for the native tanker model, but suppose I can work on the fs9 one, in lieu till then as long as the mapping remains the same?

Milton Shupe
August 6th, 2012, 06:26
I'd happily take on the firecat... was hoping to wait for the native tanker model, but suppose I can work on the fs9 one, in lieu till then as long as the mapping remains the same?

The mapping is not being changed for the FSX native versions.

Firekitten
August 6th, 2012, 09:29
good to hear, will take a stab at it then :)

euroastar350
August 6th, 2012, 18:51
Texture mapping/assignments for all FSX native G7 series aircraft remain the same as the FS9 native models. This way users can create and use paints for both FS9 and FSX models of the aircraft using the same paintkit.

lazarus
August 7th, 2012, 11:43
7039670392Disaster! On installation an old mystery bug cropped up. Nooo! Not the Stooff! I've had this on a few models with no cause found yet, and no fix. Dang. So; I poked at it, looked at image maps and settings, updated drivers; swabo. Hmmm. Seems to be related to the spec maps somhow. Fired up modelx converter and read off texture assignments, the wing and tail not displaying. BING! The spec map name according to the model assignments are 'wing-s2f3_spec' and 'tail-s2f3_spec'; while the textures in the installer version were named 'wing-s2f_spec' and 'tail_s2f_spec', omitting the '3' from the spec map titles. I do not know how or why. Some where on my hard drive is a file full of missing letters and numbers, though. Fixed!, and a few other 'troubled displayers' repaired, Rob's Seavenom next.
What a nice model! Thankyou all! Its like seeing an old friend you've not seen in a while.
The various FS9 paints work bonzer with some grinding and hammering- renaming and specmaps, ect. Oh, cat points!!
cut and paste.
[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot = 5.41,0.00,-2.0
launch_bar_lug = 11.583333,0.00,-7.50703937039470395

Aircanuck
August 7th, 2012, 12:14
...... very nice indeed ! are ya thinking of sharing :)

:mixedsmi:

Dave22
October 27th, 2012, 06:36
Concerning "The Grumman "Seven" for FSX - NATIVE S2F-3 (Conversion by Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations)"

Thanks to everyone involved for this wonderful plane. Perhaps it's a nonsensical question, but do I want to wait for more DDS format skins? Is there an advantage to DDS skins over BMP skins?

Thanks again.

Hughes-MDflyer4
October 27th, 2012, 09:19
Concerning "The Grumman "Seven" for FSX - NATIVE S2F-3 (Conversion by Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations)"

Thanks to everyone involved for this wonderful plane. Perhaps it's a nonsensical question, but do I want to wait for more DDS format skins? Is there an advantage to DDS skins over BMP skins?

Thanks again.

The DDS format only allows for quicker processing of textures. The graphics engine can render the textures much quicker when using this format. Its not required that the liveries are in this format, but for slower computers, they can be quite helpful.

Dave22
October 30th, 2012, 06:26
Thank you for the heads-up, Hughes.