PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new perspective on FsX.cfg and hardware from Kosta

Roger
July 27th, 2012, 15:15
At Avsim:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-read-before-posting-software-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

P38man
July 29th, 2012, 01:19
increasing the lod radius to 6.5 and turning off all the ai work for me as well.

on my system they seem to be related in a negative way in some areas

JIMJAM
August 4th, 2012, 07:21
I had a HD crash last week and spent 3 solid days rebuilding FSX. Like alot of you, I had just about every addon known to man loaded and spent countless hours tweaking and fooling with that .cfg file
I reloaded Activesky,FEX,UTX but left out one biggie. I did not reload Mytraffic and do not run AI.

Huge improvement and solved just about every issue I was having. I do not hang out at airports sightseeing and usually the braindead controllers and suicidal pilots actually imo ruin the realism more than enhance it. The one thing not loading or running ai did was eliminate all my micro stutters. Smooth a butter now.
Even if you cannot see them ai are sucking away resources. Besides I got tired of hearing controllers barking at a Cessna 172s, Piper Archers ect to expedite their climb to 45 thousand feet!

Naismith
August 4th, 2012, 11:04
Which is why Radar Contact is a better ATC choice.

JIMJAM
August 5th, 2012, 15:33
I speed talked for 25 years now I enjoy saying nothing to nobody when I sim.:jump:

Dont need no stinking sectional or freqs cause I am always number 1 for landing.
Now back in FS9 I loved tubeliners,flowcharts,procedures...... But now I am pretty much warbirds and anything single seater. I also owned radar contact and it was a improvement. Still to many keystrokes for my liking. I always figured back then that by now a truly great ATC program would have been ironed out maybe even with voice command.

dhasdell
October 14th, 2012, 08:12
I've read suggestions for editing the FSX.cfg file, but where is it?