PDA

View Full Version : Flying Pigs...

argo147
July 27th, 2012, 13:41
I just got a new subscription to Air & Space after years of not having one. I found this small article about bush flying in Papua New Guinea entertaining and thought that some of the people over here at SOH may appreciate these excerpts...

"Adult pigs, even when secured under a cargo net, are capable of shaking the airplane in flight. What degree of pig-induced vibration is the airplane rated for?"

And...

"...Moody neglected to teach me how to fly while: Laughing, crying, gagging, panicking, passengers are screaming, pigs are screaming, passengers are screaming because the screaming pigs got loose."

PeteHam
July 27th, 2012, 14:41
:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

It throws a new meaning on PIO

"Pig Induced Oscillations"

Pete.

Daveroo
July 27th, 2012, 15:49
what issue is that?.....i either missed that artical or havent recieved it yet

aircav1970
July 27th, 2012, 18:48
HeHeHeh....brings a whole new meaning to "when pigs fly" :icon_lol:

argo147
July 27th, 2012, 21:44
It's the July 2012 Issue with the Typhoon on the cover, pg. 20.

Yeah the thought of a pig loose on an airplane full of people was pretty entertaining...to me at any rate lol

Willy
July 28th, 2012, 00:35
I've heard of a crocodile getting loose on an aircraft full of people in Africa. It crashed.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/10/22/loose-crocodile-on-board-blamed-for-plane-crash/

Daveroo
July 28th, 2012, 06:23
It's the July 2012 Issue with the Typhoon on the cover, pg. 20.

Yeah the thought of a pig loose on an airplane full of people was pretty entertaining...to me at any rate lol

oh,,dad gave that issue away befoe i got my hands on it ( friend in hospital ,and i was draggin my feet) so i missed it,,,dang

Odie
July 30th, 2012, 06:10
The last or next-to-last episode of FLYING WILD ALASKA had one of the pilots transporting 8-9 sled dogs. He said it wasn't uncommon for there to be fights
while in flight since the dogs couldn't be caged...he just hoped they wouldn't all try to gather at the rear of the plane! Which they did once they were on the
ground and unloading. It brought the tail of the a/c down to the ground and the nose up.

lefty
July 30th, 2012, 07:12
Well I don't know what all the fuss is about..............:engel016:

argo147
July 30th, 2012, 13:15
Yeah all we need is Samuel L. Jackson and we've got a movie on our hands! My vote is for sled pigs on an autogyro.