PDA

View Full Version : JUMPING IN

MudMarine
July 26th, 2012, 06:00
Well, I'm jumping into the Prepar3D world. I'm soooo sick of FSX and all it's bugs, I just hope Prepar doesn't disapoint me like FSX has. I guess I'm about to find out! :icon_lol: I'm just worried that some of my FSX planes won't work in Prepar.....like my A2A Stang etc?

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated! TY

luckydog
July 26th, 2012, 15:01
Mud......

I've just recently installed Warbirdsim's "Little Friends II". They went in smoother than snot on a doorknob and fly real nice too.
........ya just have to try it and see what happens !!

LD

AussieMan
July 26th, 2012, 15:10
You won't regret the move mate.

Naismith
July 27th, 2012, 00:06
It too has its quirks, but and it's a bit but, it is a lot smoother on the fps, and stabler. Should not be long to wait for a major patch either.

kjb
July 27th, 2012, 00:42
I think one of its biggest selling points is that it isn't over. It's being developed. Beyond what add-on developers can do, FSX is done. Flight is done. P3D is evolving. It has the potential to go well beyond what we're used to. It still has some issues from the previous owner, but they're working on it. More and more add-on developers are supporting it. That's worth the price of admission.

Lionheart
July 27th, 2012, 08:17
Hey MM! Welcome!

No hops, blips, blinks, no pink runways, hopping, black parts appearing. Just smoooooth flying.

Mind you, 1 in 10 have stutters on their rigs with the 1.3 Build. 1.4 Should be out soon.

It is different from FSX in the layout of the popup menu screens. No start window like FSX, no active weather built in. You can get 'Active Weather' and other weather addons to manage realism weather, and you still have weather themes.

You'll notice that the terrain tiles seem brighter, more colorful. We can use 4096 sized tile textures now, which is massive and high rez.

Bill
LHC

MudMarine
July 27th, 2012, 08:34
Right now I'm feeling that any step away from FSX is a step in the right direction! I'm sure, like anything else, it has it's good points and bad ones. I'm still downloading thanks to a SLOW internet connection! That's what I get for living in the sticks! :-)

billythe
July 28th, 2012, 15:37
yes it stable and also the scenery part looks at lot better than fsx...and it's the same videocard.

MudMarine
July 28th, 2012, 18:08
Wow, you were right LH! It's like an old friend came back to life, I'm actually excited to fly again! No more worrying what dang bug/glitch is going to crash me. FSX, for me, was NEVER any fun, just a struggle to make it function. I can see werre Prepar3D has it's issues but they're nothing like the ones I had with FSX. Prepar3D is running smoooth and my FPS (not that it matters much anymore) is higher than I've ever seen it. And my fun level is way back up again. It's the best $50 I've spent on flight simming in years! Now I'm hoping to get back online with the old crew, I miss flying with them a lot!:jump:

Lionheart
July 28th, 2012, 19:22
Wow, you were right LH! It's like an old friend came back to life, I'm actually excited to fly again! No more worrying what dang bug/glitch is going to crash me. FSX, for me, was NEVER any fun, just a struggle to make it function. I can see werre Prepar3D has it's issues but they're nothing like the ones I had with FSX. Prepar3D is running smoooth and my FPS (not that it matters much anymore) is higher than I've ever seen it. And my fun level is way back up again. It's the best $50 I've spent on flight simming in years! Now I'm hoping to get back online with the old crew, I miss flying with them a lot!:jump:

Feels good, doesnt it! Like a new sim. Smoooth. No looking at FR's anymore.

I totally wrote off FS9, God bless that sim. I loved it so. But this ran smooth and has so much prestine, super clear detail, I couldnt hang on to FS9 anymore.

I love to find a valley and just fly through it, checking out the terrain, enjoying the flight. I couldnt do that with FSX. Only with FS9.