PDA

View Full Version : IL-76 for FSX with VC and multiple liveries

Sid2008
July 26th, 2012, 05:30
Yes, this is legit. Lookup simviation.
My question is: this this a new make, with new VC or is this a portover of fs9 IL-76 with static vc?
Sid

Ferry_vO
July 26th, 2012, 06:00
Looks like an old port-over..

SeanTK
July 26th, 2012, 09:41
Ferry is correct. The plane is made for FS2004 by a Mr. Varnavsky. (Avsimrus.com is down right now so I can't provide the original source) It looks like the person who uploaded to Simviation simply modified the VC to include gauges that work in FSX or something. I would be thoroughly surprised if this effort and file upload was approved by the original author of the aircraft.

A search of the uploader's name throughout the Simviation file library reveals that this person seems to hash together a variety of other author's aircraft and re-upload them. It's unfortunate that Simviation supports these actions. These aircraft are designed for certain simulators, and the sometimes heavy modification of addons such as these can lead to more problems, and/or a perception that the addon was created to a low standard.

ShawnG
July 26th, 2012, 15:26
he would have had my blessing if he had fixed the VC textures, but they still leave big black holes of nothingness on the panel. the 2d panel is done in english though, which is helpful for the cyrillically challenged. it's a port. would really love one of these beauties in native fsx form. there were a couple screenshots posted over at AVSIM recently which showed a lovingly detailed IL-76 but was unsure whether that was intended for fs9 or fsx. I personally have no problem with someone attempting to update freeware, unless it's been specifically prohibited, and as long as the original author is credited (in this case he was). just wish it had been done better :)