PDA

View Full Version : License Revoked... 8-0

Lionheart
July 24th, 2012, 10:03
So, yesterday afternoon, I go to test my new plane in P3, and it says in red letters LICENSE REVOKED! It was another straw of hay for my back to bare, (a bad day yesterday).

I then realised, it was my old credit card, which expired. Reading through the FAQ section at P3, I found that if your card expires, the easiest way to handle this is to purchase a new license. No way to fill out a new card for existing Developer licenses. :S Embarrassing.

All fixed. Flew around in the jitter-free, non-hopping, smoooooth virtual world of Lockheed Martins awesome P3 flight training simulator.

I still get goosebumps seeing 'Lockheed' on the bootup window. 'From the people that brought you the secret SR-70, comes the newest in flight training software.... '

luckydog
July 24th, 2012, 11:05
Glad you got that straightened out, Bill........

Lionheart
July 24th, 2012, 17:06
Me too... ack...!

A day without my P3 is not a day at all... :S

billythe
July 26th, 2012, 18:01
same happened to me today...restarted new activation and the simulator in a few minutes...simple process

kjb
July 26th, 2012, 22:43
It's a pain when a credit card expires. I have several bills setup to autopay with the credit card. It seems I always forget one when the card is expired. In the past few years, I've had a couple of times where someone tried to use my card number. Both were caught, but that meant getting another card number and updating the autopay bills again.

whitney17
July 27th, 2012, 09:15
So, yesterday afternoon, I go to test my new plane in P3, and it says in red letters LICENSE REVOKED! It was another straw of hay for my back to bare, (a bad day yesterday).

I then realised, it was my old credit card, which expired. Reading through the FAQ section at P3, I found that if your card expires, the easiest way to handle this is to purchase a new license. No way to fill out a new card for existing Developer licenses. :S Embarrassing.

All fixed. Flew around in the jitter-free, non-hopping, smoooooth virtual world of Lockheed Martins awesome P3 flight training simulator.

I still get goosebumps seeing 'Lockheed' on the bootup window. 'From the people that brought you the secret SR-70, comes the newest in flight training software.... '

Bill,

It was the SR-71.

Joe

Lionheart
July 28th, 2012, 19:24
Bill,

It was the SR-71.

Joe

Smacks self... arrghh...

arl
July 29th, 2012, 04:41
Bill,

Shh, not a word to Joe about the secret one before the 71, strictly need to know.......

Move along everyone, nothing to see.:costum:

Lionheart
July 29th, 2012, 10:44
(I thought everyone knew... arrghhh).

PRB
July 29th, 2012, 13:06
I've been thinking about getting "P3D", but this thread has thrown cold water onto that fire...

Do I understand this correctly? ... To run and install P3D I have to provide a valid CC number to somebody (presumably Lockheed Martin) and further, if/when that CC account becomes invalid, after expiration, the sim will no longer run?? Even after I have payed for it using that CC account? That makes no sense at all. This can't be right...

whitney17
July 29th, 2012, 15:02
Bill,

Shh, not a word to Joe about the secret one before the 71, strictly need to know.......

Move along everyone, nothing to see.:costum:

Bill & arl,

I knew about the SR-70 spy plane (google "USAF Security Service" or check on wikipedia and silent-warriors.com to see why) but you weren't. I was just trying to throw everyone off the scent. Like Sgt. Shultz you should have known nothing. Now that you've spilled the beans, there will be consequences!

Dasvidanya gentlemen,

Joe

kjb
July 29th, 2012, 17:38
PRB - What Bill is talking about is the developers version at $10/month. The academic version is $50, a one time payment. So you don't have to worry about a credit card expiring after purchase of the academic version.

Lionheart
July 29th, 2012, 18:22
I've been thinking about getting "P3D", but this thread has thrown cold water onto that fire...

Do I understand this correctly? ... To run and install P3D I have to provide a valid CC number to somebody (presumably Lockheed Martin) and further, if/when that CC account becomes invalid, after expiration, the sim will no longer run?? Even after I have payed for it using that CC account? That makes no sense at all. This can't be right...

What KJB said.

I have to pay monthly. I have the option to pay monthly, 6 months, and 12 months if I want. I chose monthly and my card simply expired. ;)

I pay all the bills online. Doesnt everyone? Or am I from the future? :isadizzy:

kjb
July 29th, 2012, 18:31
I have everything I can on auto-pay. We have a motorhome and if we're gone for an extended period, I don't have to worry about the bills.

CG_1976
July 30th, 2012, 18:54
Well I'm in the SOH MIA/found file lol, but soon to be back. Lionheart what is the procedure for me to contact lockheed for a new academic code? All three of my computers where damaged coming from Green bay to san Antonio. Thank goodness for insurance. But till I rebuild im on a Intel Core2 Duo E7500 system:icon_lol:. Thankfully the HD's, Graphics cards and ram all went undamaged.

Lionheart
July 30th, 2012, 20:08
Hey CG,

Just email customer service. They should have all of your records.

Reminds me. I need to back up all of mine onto a flash drive. :S

Sorry to hear about the loss of all of your computers. Thats horrible!

Link to P3 Contact; http://www.prepar3d.com/contact/

PRB
July 31st, 2012, 03:22
PRB - What Bill is talking about is the developers version at $10/month. The academic version is $50, a one time payment. So you don't have to worry about a credit card expiring after purchase of the academic version.

Ah, rgr. Thanks!

- Paul

ZEUS67
August 1st, 2012, 22:34
Well I'm in the SOH MIA/found file lol, but soon to be back. Lionheart what is the procedure for me to contact lockheed for a new academic code? All three of my computers where damaged coming from Green bay to san Antonio. Thank goodness for insurance. But till I rebuild im on a Intel Core2 Duo E7500 system:icon_lol:. Thankfully the HD's, Graphics cards and ram all went undamaged.

Just e-mail licensing@prepar3d.com and explain your case. They will add a license activation to your existing purchase so you can activate it on your selected machine. They usually take 24 hours to respond but could be faster.