PDA

View Full Version : Ramming

josepicos
July 23rd, 2012, 18:21
I read in a book, and saw this on the history channel once................BF-109s ramming bombers

CAN THIS BE DONE..................Making a Bf-109 ram(WITHOUT INVINCIBILITY) a bomber, rip it's wing off, make a hole in the bomber, have the bomber keep going with the inflicted damage, and manage to get the 109 pilot to jump out without the plane exploding.............

Note: Bf109 or Fw190 gets it wing ripped apart.......

Could be a cool mission and new planes, sorta like the buzzbomb tipping mission I've seen in the archives, with the modified Meteor.....

FOO FIGHTER
July 23rd, 2012, 19:22
I don't think this is something you could make the AI aircraft do(?). You could try and beef up the points for the player aircraft on any given damge box in the XDP.

<BoxMap SystemID="right_wing" Probability="38" Points="1066"/>

"1066" being the number that you could raise. I don't know how realistic it would be. It would take alot of experimentation.

josepicos
July 23rd, 2012, 19:24
Agreed, just giving an idea

But it would be cool

ndicki
July 25th, 2012, 01:39
I have a feeling that the pilot was supposed to bail out just before ramming the bomber, though whether this is just my memory playing up or not, I don't know. In any case, that IS possible in CFS3 if you have the nerve. I think it probably took rather more nerve to do it for real...

josepicos
July 25th, 2012, 01:58
It's possible if you can manage it like this69690 and your right Ndicki http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-17778.html

and then modifying the planes to make this possible

and FOO FIGHTER I used 1999 points for the pic in the top and I didn't die:jump:

P.S I did take a lot of trys trying to get the 109 to hit where i wanted it to, but in the end i got the results

FOO FIGHTER
July 25th, 2012, 08:28
I think that was the idea, to use the wings to slice through the bombers from above and try to bail out at some point . . . if you were lucky. As I recall, they were told NOT to be kamikaze pilots, as in not to kill themselves on purpose. Being asked to ram another aircraft in combat with bullets flying everywhere, it is hard to picture the mission as anything but a suicidal act!

I never liked the way CFS3 translated air collisions. You could just clip something and your aircraft would explode, taking you with it and the other guy either gets to bailout or continues on like nothing happened.

Keep experimenting Jose until you think it "feels right". You may want to beef up the fuselage points as well. Maybe upload a mission or two when your done?:mixedsmi:

josepicos
July 25th, 2012, 13:15
Can anyone upload a pic of Teds B-24 damaged up so I can see what points I can reinforce to make rammable