PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 150 portover, need help

Stefano Zibell
July 23rd, 2012, 18:04
Hello guys, so I'm trying to get a nice 150 and stumbled upon this: http://www.fs-tutorials.com/en/down_plane_C150_01.php

As it turns, it's a perfect model, nice VC and very realistic flight dynamics, but some of the gauges are black and others are see-through. I tried to fix it by inverting some alphas and succeeded only partially.

I didn't want to trade gauges with default ones (originals are very authentic), so any help from the texture gurus here would be appreciated.

falcon409
July 23rd, 2012, 20:46
I looked at the panel in FSPanel Studio and while some of the gauges are included as "gauges", not all of them are. When you look at the designators for each in the config file they all have the $ before them which I always assumed meant they were part of the model and not something that could be changed without the source code. Also, looking inside the panel folder, those same bitmaps for each section of the VC are there, but they aren't gauges, just "placeholders". I think you're out of luck as far as making this work for FSX.

Now, if someone else pops up and explains in detail how this guy did his gauges and how to get them to show in FSX without the source code, I'd be right there to make the necessary corrections, as the plane is otherwise very nicely done.:salute:

mikezola
July 24th, 2012, 06:20
Hello-

I don't know if this will help- but I'll share something I found that enabled me to port over a number of Ito-San's aircraft with acceptable results...
In this case I was working with the props. What I found was that I needed to adjust the alpha of the material using Mdlmat, as opposed to adjusting the alpha of the prop texture itself. I adjusted it to a value of around 2 (for some reason, setting it to zero didn't work right)- once I did that, the prop was as good as any port-over could be, with only the cloud anomaly (where the clouds cover the props) to deal with.

This might apply to the gauge problems in this way- perhaps if the alpha of the vcpanels- I mean those that start with '$'- were adjusted one way or the other, it might allow the gauges to show properly. Perhaps one of the materials that are displayed in the list in Mdlmat could control this...

Good luck! -Mike Z.

Stefano Zibell
July 24th, 2012, 11:28
Not sure if this helps at all, but apparently it worked just fine on fsx sp1.

Roger
July 24th, 2012, 11:43
Many people have tried with this beautiful French C-150 and none have succeded fully. I'm happy with Caranado's.

cheezyflier
July 24th, 2012, 13:57
Many people have tried with this beautiful French C-150 and none have succeded fully. I'm happy with Caranado's.

it's a great model and many have tried and failed to port it properly. the carenado is actually a 152.
it is a good model though, once you reset the cog of the engine, so it will trim out and fly straight.

Naismith
July 24th, 2012, 23:56
the carenado is actually a 152.
it is a good model though, once you reset the cog of the engine, so it will trim out and fly straight.

Eeeek! How do you do that? :isadizzy:

dhasdell
July 25th, 2012, 00:48
I rather like the Just Flight Flying Club 152. It was available free from their website at one time, though I don't know if it still is.

Naismith
July 25th, 2012, 10:31
Excellent comparison vids of Carenado Vs Just Flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PNWSYAc_Z4

cheezyflier
July 25th, 2012, 13:06
Eeeek! How do you do that? :isadizzy:

tbo, i bought it the day it was released and i don't remember exactly.
i know it involved changing a couple of numbers in the aircraft cfg. just 2 or 3 iirc. surely someone here remembers which numbers to change? i could p/m you a copy of that part of the cfg file, and you could compare to see what's different, if you like. then you could just copy it and save it.

all i remember is, when i bought it, i was right ticked because trimming the plane to fly straight was darn near impossible. i expected better from carenado. then someone told me the trick, and lo and behold, the plane flies like a dream come true. in fact, it's in the top 5 of my favorite models for fsx.

Naismith
July 25th, 2012, 23:05
[QUOTE=cheezyflier;733565] i could p/m you a copy of that part of the cfg file, and you could compare to see what's different, if you like. then you could just copy it and save it.
QUOTE]

That would be great, it's my start up a/c in both FSX and FS9, though I can't say I have experienced much trouble trimming either of them. So if you get a chance or time I would be grateful. :salute: