PDA

View Full Version : A2A P-51 Question. Gear / flap issue

JIMJAM
July 22nd, 2012, 19:19
Latest version Mustang/Accel/Vista 64
Issue just recently began. I have been flying the a/c since its initial release and upgrades. Full version with accusim.
Other paywares have been installed since. Have not flown the A2A in a few weeks and just began seeing the below issue today.

SQUAWK
Apon loading the a/c, the flaps deploy. I cannot get them up either via the vr pit controls,which move btw, or keystroke. I have tried going to the maint hanger and getting a fresh/pefect aircraft. I have changed my dafault a/c to a FSX default ac and restarted FSX. I have ran out of ideas. I even took off with full flaps and then noticed I cannot even raise the gear which leads me to suspect a hyd issue.
But again I have visited the maint hanger and have no issues. I am using the autostart method via the mini panel.

Any ideas or help welcomed.:salute:

Jon@FSXACO
July 22nd, 2012, 19:26
Hi JIMJAM

There is a red handle, near the hydraulic fluid gauge below the main panel by the stick, it's to the right of the Fuel tank selector. Click that into the up position, and your flaps and gear doors will raise, when the hydraulic pressure builds up. It's fairly easy to miss. Sorry I can not post a pic, but I am away from the FSX machine.

Jon Bailey

JIMJAM
July 22nd, 2012, 19:39
Thanks I will do just that next time I run the sim.

This is the problem with owning dozens "maybe 50" aircraft and helis. Hop into a complex that I am rusty in and miss a hydro gauge glaring at me. I will report asap if this is the fix.
Thanks again!

GypsyBaron
July 22nd, 2012, 19:59
Selecting Cold & Dark on the A2A P-51 will activate the Emergency Fear Release which will dump the hydraulic pressure.
Also, it is recommended to activate the handle at the end of a flight when leaving the aircraft to release the pressure
and let the flaps and gear doors drop.

Paul

JIMJAM
July 23rd, 2012, 17:02
Yup, big and RED handle right betreen my legs !!!

Thanks, you guys are the greatest.

While I have a thread going I need some HELP on a issue thats been bothering me off and on for months.
Sometimes when after I lift off, KAIK, a airport about 60 miles away, its ATIS starts and will not stop. Change freqs, nada,turn radios off, avionics off, kills it but comes right back on when I hit avionics on. Contact another tower, center, they will talk to you but ATIS will still run in the background. Only way to stop it is to go to the sound menu and turn it off. Atis still scrolls across the top but of course I lose audible com ability. This issue is ot just one aircraft but many others. No particular type but they all appear to be the high end complex aircraft.
Any ideas on this wierd Atis gremlin?