PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem......

luckydog
July 21st, 2012, 19:28
Just downloaded Virtavia's Albatros ( 1/2 price sale) and everytime I try to fly it, she starts with her tail in the ground.
When I gently apply brakes and power the nose comes down so hard it crashes. I can, however, take off from this position.
What gives ??? I'm thinkin' the CG is screwed up. Can I fix it ??

Thanx,

LD

luckydog
July 21st, 2012, 19:46
Wow, this baby is really screwed up.........no controls !!! (throttle and brakes work)

luckydog
July 21st, 2012, 21:24
hmmmmm.......downloaded an Aeronca 7AC, cheap, (from someone named 1-4-18) and it looks good/ flies nice
then downloaded a Yak from Virtavia (again) and it gets the "shakes" about every 5 seconds..............
does Virtavia have a reputation for screw-ups ???

Flyingsub
July 22nd, 2012, 02:14
Have you tried changing your fuel load? I had a similar issue with the iFLY 737 and adding fuel solved it.

luckydog
July 22nd, 2012, 10:12
Have you tried changing your fuel load? I had a similar issue with the iFLY 737 and adding fuel solved it.

Yepir.......played with fuel and payload to no avail. CG does'nt move. On water she does just fine but when I land at an airport.........down goes the tail and she drags ass to a stop. I want an amphib, not a flying-boat.

Meshman
July 22nd, 2012, 10:41

Reminds me of a line that goes something along the way of;

It's hard to fly with the Big Dogs when you pee like a puppy... :kilroy:

Lionheart
July 22nd, 2012, 17:32
LD,

I wonder if you are booting into that plane from a flight that had a loadout with people and cargo in the back seats. I have seen this before.

Go to a default flight and then load it and see if that happens again.

Bill

luckydog
July 22nd, 2012, 18:31
LD,

I wonder if you are booting into that plane from a flight that had a loadout with people and cargo in the back seats. I have seen this before.

Go to a default flight and then load it and see if that happens again.

Bill

Wild Bill, you did it again !! You got me thinkin' (I like people who can do that)!! I very seldom fly with passengers or cargo.....its usually just me as pilot and a member of the Swedish bikini team as co-pilot with rear seats removed and replaced with an air-mattress BUT GET THIS !!! My default flight is/was a tail draggin' Stearman. I made a new default flight with a tricycle 172 and the Albatross works perfectly !! Pretty weird, huh ?? :isadizzy:

LD

Lionheart
July 23rd, 2012, 07:30
Wild Bill, you did it again !! You got me thinkin' (I like people who can do that)!! I very seldom fly with passengers or cargo.....its usually just me as pilot and a member of the Swedish bikini team as co-pilot with rear seats removed and replaced with an air-mattress BUT GET THIS !!! My default flight is/was a tail draggin' Stearman. I made a new default flight with a tricycle 172 and the Albatross works perfectly !! Pretty weird, huh ?? :isadizzy:

LD

Yep. Its because of the extreme 'save' system. All the things setup in the last plane are brought into your plane. Weird switches that are rare (fuel cutoff at bulkhead, no center tank (when you have one), fuel pump off, etc) are all brought over. In your case, 6 bikini clad swede babes must have been in the save section.

I found that in P3, if I go from a tricycle to a tail dragger, the tail hits the ground hard. My suggestion for those times, if it crashes the plane, is when it reboots the flight right there, hit Slew before it can crash. This should place it on the ground properly.

Bill