PDA

View Full Version : Adding JF DC3 VC too malfreds DC-3???

RyanJames170
July 20th, 2012, 15:15
what would one have to do to take the JF DC-3/C-47 VC and put it into malfred jahn's DC-3?

Ryan

olderndirt
July 20th, 2012, 16:30
Same line of thought - how about Manfred's Basler VC in his C47?

RyanJames170
July 20th, 2012, 16:42
thats kinda set up for the Turbo prob so there will be missing gages that are needed for a piston engine

dandog
July 20th, 2012, 20:42
So, can this be a discussion of how to change one interior model for another? I see many posts on Google about adding an FS cockpit to an addon AC. How about changing/grafting a different internal cockpit to another AC. FSX does have a separate interior .mdl. Unfortunately, I am sharp as a bowling ball and just as dense. Am I making sense? Would David Burne agree?.

Marvin Carter
July 20th, 2012, 22:10
I have put the Basler VC into the C 47 and it worked great, you have to rename the Basler interior model for the C 47 interior model, swop panel folder and, some textuers, still in the prosses of finding some gauges for manifold and RPM. But it can be done!!! Make sure you change the eye point of veiw also!!!

oldpropfan
July 20th, 2012, 23:38
Just finished trying it myself with the JF vc and it seems to work ok. Used the same method as Marvin except copied files from the JF C-47. Bit of a pain as you have to copy alot of texture files over along with the gauge files, some of the gauge textures are in the aircraft texture folder if I remember right so be sure to look there if some of your gauges dont show. View point is way back and high. Didn't check to see if the gauges were reading accurately.

olderndirt
July 21st, 2012, 08:11
thats kinda set up for the Turbo prob so there will be missing gages that are needed for a piston engineNever crossed my mind - what's left of it. All I could see was that set of flight instruments.

Brian_Gladden
July 21st, 2012, 15:35
I have put the Basler VC into the C 47 and it worked great, you have to rename the Basler interior model for the C 47 interior model, swop panel folder and, some textuers, still in the prosses of finding some gauges for manifold and RPM. But it can be done!!! Make sure you change the eye point of veiw also!!!

Barron gauges? I thought of this myself. Could you post the eyepoint you are using?

Marvin Carter
July 21st, 2012, 16:36
It's the same as the one in the Basler!!!

eyepoint = -3.0, -1.4, 3.0

Marvin Carter
July 21st, 2012, 16:43
Never been much of a Turbo prop guy, But the VC in the Basler was just to Awesome to not have in a DC3 or C47. So why not switch, still lookin for some gauges!!!

TeaSea
July 22nd, 2012, 12:50
Could one of you smart dudes do a step by step?

There are several aircraft I would like to play around with. Since panels vary significantly I don't feel like I'm being inauthentic. Like to trade some instruments out and leverage some of the better renditions.

Marvin Carter
July 22nd, 2012, 17:40
First you need to find the VC that you want to change to, second what plane you will be putting it into. I put the BaslerBT67 into Jans C-47 skytrain, kinda goes with it!!! In the Model folder there are three model ,mdls, the one you will need to change is the interior,MDL. "MAKE A BACK UP OF EVERY THING BEFORE YOU START"

1.Copy the bt67_interior.MDL out of the Baslers model folder and rename it C47_interior.MDL, then put it in your C-47_2 model folder. it will overwrite the org.

2.Replace the C-47 panel folder with the Basler BT67 panel folder, make sure all gauges and or gauge cabs are in it.

3. At this point I went in to the C-47 aircraft,cfg and put the eye point of view out of the Basler aircraft,cfg so it will be in the right place.

[Views]

4. Also in the lights section of the aircraft.cfg, you need to change the VC lighting.

light.4 = 10, -2.85, -0.00, 2.5, fx_bt67_vclight , //y-2.85 z3.281
light.5 = 4, -33.00, 0.00, 4.20, fx_vclight,

5.Next you will need to get the textuers for the VC, out of the texture folder in the main aircraft folder. here is where you can get into trouble, some aircraft have a common texture folder and some do not. The Basler has a common one and I took out the texture and put them in the common texture folder of the C-47.

6.The C-47 is a piston plane so the turbo prop gauges will not work of it, you can change them, they ar not 3D. If the VC you are adding has 3D gauges, those are the ones you are stuck with!!!! I have changes the Man. pres. and rpm. the Basler has rases gauge pollies to give then a 3D look so when you replace them use the same placement codes to get the right look!!!
The number at the back of the gauge lines are the size and location of the gauges in the VC panel!!!

This [ gauge11=Cessna208B_Basler!torque, 432,109,78,78 ] to this [ gauge11=Douglas_DC3!manifold, 432,109,78,78 ]

This [ gauge20=Cessna208B_Basler!torque2, 336,271,78,78 ] to this [ gauge20=Douglas_DC3!rpm, 336,271,78,78 ]

This will apply to most every one you change, if you really want to get technical you can go into the aircraft,cfg and change fuel loads and weights on cargo, but thats up to you.

As far as I know this is how you do it, Hope it helps

jeansy
July 22nd, 2012, 18:50
has anyone tried to add this to the JF DC3

dandog
July 22nd, 2012, 19:27
The JF DC3 has a good VC. Not sure why you would want to change it, unless you simply want an updated VC. Notice, the Basler has a different windscreen arrangement than the standard DC3. Maybe the extended nose section allows for a different sliding window arrangement (side window versus middle window panel). DC3's appear to have a sliding middle window panel while the Basler clearly drops the middle panel and has a sliding side window. This is what I found after Googling myself blind. I am open to comment. :wiggle:

TeaSea
July 23rd, 2012, 17:33
Thanks Marvin! I'm going to play around with it a bit.

TeaSea
July 28th, 2012, 04:56
Hey! That worked!

I used the default DC-3 instead though.....What happens if you delete the unused gauges?

thunder100
July 28th, 2012, 05:22
MAKE A BACK UP OF EVERY THING BEFORE YOU START"
[/B]
1.Copy the bt67_interior.MDL out of the Baslers model folder and rename it C47_interior.MDL, then put it in your C-47_2 model folder. it will overwrite the org.

You can also allign the model in the model.cfg,without copy them ,if spce is an issue

interior=..\..\Basler_BT67\model.bt67_1\BT67_inter ior

same for texture

texture cfg-->

fallback.1=..\..\Basler_BT67\texture

and panel.cfg

[fltsim]
alias=Basler_BT67\panel

Roland

Dangerousdave26
July 28th, 2012, 06:35
Stepping back a minute if you don't want to copy and replace files you can edit the cfg files.

To place the interior model into the Default DC3 as an example go into the model folder.

Open the model.cfg file

// Comment out the original line interior=xyz

Add your new line

interior= ..\..\Basler_BT67\model.bt67_ski\bt67_interior.MDL

Adding this line to the any FSX Native aircraft will give it the VC interior model of the Bassler BT67 ski version.

But wait there's More! ... of course you have no textures and it looks like crap. Well that can be taken care of also with out coping textures.

Following the same line of logic go into your aircraft that you have chosen to be the recipient of this VC. In my case the default DC3 World Travel.

In the texture1 folder simply add another fallback line. This will call for any missing textures from the Basler BT67 texture folder. In this example that is not enough. The VC prop blur and the engine textures come from another folder so we have to add it as well or things don't look so good out the window.

fallback.4=..\..\Basler_BT67\texture
fallback.5=..\..\Basler_BT67\texture.C-GAWI

If you want this VC in all models you need to copy the texture.cfg file to each texture.

Now the issue is what about gauges. Assuming you are doing a like kind exchange which I am not and you want the original panel.

No need to copy it or any of the gauges.

Simply go into the aircraft.cfg file and add this to the panel entry for the variant you are modifying.

panel=..\..\..\Basler_BT67\panel

The last thing you need to do is copy the eyepoint to the aircraft you are modifying. The down side to this is it affects all models. Luckily we can adjust it at will so its not a big deal.

[Views]
//eyepoint = -6.495, -1.4, 3.26

One of the down sides to this is the textures of the exterior model as viewed from the VC do not match the aircraft paint.

Again no big deal unless you are sticking your head out the window.

Dangerousdave26
July 28th, 2012, 06:45
You beat me to it Roland :icon_lol:

TeaSea
July 28th, 2012, 15:58
Much coolness. This I will try, and yes, I would like to stick my head out the window....