PDA

View Full Version : silly post about a friend of mine

Daveroo
July 20th, 2012, 07:15
ive been accused of being a "name dropper",but i dont care,in my life ive met and become friends with some cool people,John Travolta,Cheech Marin,Brendan Fraizure(i dont spell that right)i kissed (more than a peck) Goldie Hawn,i know Bud Anderson very well,i know the Stephens family ( of stephens boats of stockton),i raced with sammy swindell and steve kinser,..ive done stuff ive met people...i had fun when younger...but what this post is about.

a man named Jim "Bear" Mahan worked for the Southern Pacific for many years,he was the head,the main man,THE MAN on donner summit,he has been in videos,in magazines,books, train fans and model railroaders worldwide know who he is.well my mom was a bookkeeper for a "payless drug store",they were then bought by rite-aid and mom basically lost her offical bookkeepers job as rite-aid dont have them,the store manager does the books,but this was a very large store,and instead of firing my mom,the manager assinged her to the fabrics dept,and mom did half a day as bookkeeper anyway,and halfday in fabrics,,,now this is where Mrs Mahan comes in,Nola is her name,she worked for SP for more than 60 years herself,she sat in an office near the "hump" in the rosevile yard and read the numbers on the frieght cars,later on made sure they were elctroniclly read,but Nola is a quilter,and she and mom made friends,when mom retired,they Jim and Nola came to the retirement party for mom,,the only none workers besides moms family to come.
i knew who "the bear" was,,,but didnt know "jim mahon"..but i kept looking at him like...damn i know him....6 months later,jim and nola were at the house,my folks house,and i was living in the garage,dad wasnt home,mom and nola were doing quilting stuff and jim was bored,,,i was on y way to roseville to the "train store",and i asked if he wanted to go,,,he smiled,said not a good idea,but he would,,,

we get there,he decided to stay in the truck,,,the guys in the train store were really arrogant prats,they were /are into "brass HO" and if you are in plain ole plastic athern brand...its like yer a alien to them....well..they we ignoring me,and had a magazine open to Jims picture,i said is that jim mahon?..the guys says,,,its the bear..i asked to look,,turned the mag around and said yeah thats my friend jim,,,the guy looked at me said...get this....sir,if you are going to tell stories,please do it elsewhere.....so i said...go look in the passenger side on the pewter colored chevy in the handicapped slot.......another guy did,,,and he screamed like a girl...and yelled ITS THE BEAR!!!!!!!

i was a hero to those old pratts for years after,but jim wouldnt talk to me on the ride back to aubrn...he kept holding his hand up and giving me a razzzberry....LOL

rocketred
July 20th, 2012, 07:23
you said you meet travolta , whats your take on his recent scandel and possiable gay relationnship in terms of how you saw him or sensed ......tks

joshua

and i did once meet richard burton in toronto , he looked like a full fleged alcoholic his nose was l;ike those old drinkers puffey red

Daveroo
July 20th, 2012, 07:59
i met travolta while filming for the movie phenominom,we talked airplanes ect.....he spent time in the area after filming,,,,,im bisexual...and it never came up with us...so i have no clue....and i was "hot" in those days....LOL....

rocketred
July 21st, 2012, 05:48
have you meet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cvzH-NgHA0

Daveroo
July 21st, 2012, 06:38
now now,,,the post was about the reaction at the train store to bear.......

Toastmaker
July 21st, 2012, 12:14
Here you go-

CHARGE: Name dropping

VERDICT: Guilty

SENTENCE: Time served. . .

:running: