PDA

View Full Version : FSX Ground "Hops" Problem

argo147
July 20th, 2012, 07:10
Hey everyone, I've been having an ongoing "problem" with FSX for a few years now, it's nothing major but I figured someone around here might know what it is and hopefully how to fix it. With certain aircraft I've noticed that after switching views the plane will "hop" into the air a few feet and then come back down with some smoke and skidmarks, it'll do it two or three times then settle down until I switch views again. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Daveroo
July 20th, 2012, 07:21
sorry,i dont know about your problem,but i spotted "Kerman" on your profile thingy,my mom was born in Dos Palos,and i have some family still in the Dos Palos/firebaugh/kerman,,sepred out down there area....lol

hope your problem gets fixed

argo147
July 20th, 2012, 07:26
Thanks! Yeah it's not too often that I meet people who know where Kerman is!

Thoe6969
July 20th, 2012, 10:11
I've had that problem a couple of times and don't know for sure but allways thought it was caused by an effects file from a downloaded airplane.

argo147
July 21st, 2012, 10:40
Yeah I can't recall this happening in a stock FSX plane...then again I can't recall the last time I actually flew one of those lol

mike_cyul
July 21st, 2012, 11:59
I don't remember the exact cause, but I do remember that Wozza found it was an interaction between the addon scene mesh and the aircraft's contact points or something similar, with the aircraft having to recalculate it's height.

Mike

argo147
July 22nd, 2012, 10:13
Thanks for the input, this has been going on for a while so I thought maybe someone down here knew what it was. Thanks for the help lol I'll just keep re-setting my accelerometer until I can find a fix lol

PRB
July 22nd, 2012, 11:03
I've had this issue with some planes, and so also assumed it was a contact points issue of some kind. But... In the case of the RAZBAM A-7, it happens to that plane if I load it as an AI using the "Formation Setup" program, but not if I'm flying the plane. This would tend to rule against contact points, and to some other cause, no?

robert41
July 22nd, 2012, 11:33
Once in a great while, I will have an aircraft do this. But not consistently. I bought a payware ac a couple of months ago, and for the first three or four flights it would bounce when changing views. Since then no bounce. I do not know why. Nothing with the ac or scenery or any settings have been changed. Iam thinking some FSX bug.